Wednesday, October 25

Loving each day [ FICTOBER ]

not too much Jren but at least there is an actual plot

(also please check out 'yesterday's' story as I posted it a few hours before because I was late.)

Day 25: “I was hunting in the woods one night and you just shape-shifted into a wolf what the heck?” AU

“Minki, you’ll be the one to hunt some food today,” his mother tells him while she puts some more wood on the fireplace. Her back is turned to him but he can hear her loud and clear. That has always been one of his mother’s characteristics; no matter how she was talking to you, her message would always come across, never leaving any space for discussions.

“Sorry? Isn’t that Dongho’s task?”

His mother only has two sons; Dongho and he himself. He is the smaller out of the two, the youngest, the most fragile and sadly the most feminine. They look down on him and all his good points disappear when they look at his older brother. His older brother is strong, armed with broad shoulders and a muscled body, the entire perfect view of a man. The perfect son anyone could wish for in this village, and as of now, the perfect son-in-law.

The matter of marriage comes up a lot when it comes to his older brother but they pass it as soon as his own name is dropped. People joke about him being the bride in a marriage, someone secretly a woman and there were some either brave or dumb enough to check whether he was. Lucky for him his bond with his brother is strong and whenever the others acted in ways they shouldn’t Dongho would be there to save him.

And as his older brother is the strongest, it is him that would hunt in the dark woods that aren’t too far away from the village that is their home. Minki would stay home, helping his mom with tasks that the daughter she never had should have done. His mom doesn’t complain; she is happy he at least did something rather than being like some of the males who only go after girls all day long.

“Remember the girl with curls as if they were made out of gold? The one that visited more than once?”

Minki nods; it would be impossible not to. The girl was beautiful and has as a personality as great as her looks.

“Dongho went to visit her. He seems to be interested in her.”

Minki smiles. His brother’s happiness is his own happiness and it was time Dongho found someone liked someone as much as they all like him.

“I’ll do it then.”

-x-

It’s already becoming dark yet Minki feels like he has only been here for a very short time. To his surprise, it didn’t take long for him to shoot a hare and a dove. He strays away from the main path in hope to catch sight of an animal bigger than the ones he saw before and bring home some more flesh than needed so his mother would have to worry less.

A sound suspiciously much like that of an animal as big as a deer goes through the wood and Minki follows it only to have his hopes crushed and to start shaking out of anxiety. Right in front of his eyes, a male who once was a human became a monster that could kill him without even trying.