Tuesday, October 17

Loving each day [ FICTOBER ]

Day 17: ‘Ok, so, I know we’re roommates and very close to each other and whatever, but while you were out I was searching my socks under your bed since I thought they may have fallen down during the night from my top bunk bed and I found THREE ENTIRE FILE FOLDERS all named “Plans I should put in act to finally seduce my hot roommate” and I would VERY like to know the meaning of this” AU

“Going out?”

The older nods at Minki’s question. “The boss called me if I take on another shift since Cheol called in sick. We all know he isn’t really sick but he did get off from work so someone has to take on his shift.”

Minki frowns at the answer and jumps down from his bed, making Jonghyun step out to catch him if he couldn’t land properly but he was getting better at it so the help wasn’t needed. “Thank you for acting like my guardrail again. Please do believe me when I say that I’m getting better at this though.” Jonghyun blushes and Minki knows it’s because he caught his actions.

Honestly, it’s adorable that every little thing can make the older flush like the tomatoes he despises so much.

No, really it makes Minki laugh how much Jonghyun hates the small, sweet tomatoes. He once cooked spaghetti and Jonghyun refused to eat them, no matter what he did.

Jonghyun might be adorable standing there, all red, but that doesn’t change the fact that he is once again taking on shifts of others and Minki can see his eye bags getting darker and he doesn’t want the older suffer because of his inability to say no to any request. “Jonghyun, please sleep when you come back okay? Your shifts are starting earlier, ending later and getting more, I’m worried.”

Jonghyun smiles at him and to his surprise hugs him. Minki is normally the one initiating the skinship, not the other way around and this time he assumes he feels like Jonghyun must feel. His heart is beating in a way it normally doesn’t and his mind doesn’t work like he wants to. When he finally stops feeling braindead he hugs back and nuzzles his head in the crouch of his neck, inhaling the familiar scent that surrounds him when they sleep together in the lower bunk bed because of his nightmares.

“I will, Minki-ah. Now go back to sleep.”

-x-

It’s bright when Minki opens his eyes again and he blinks a few times, groaning when he looks at the time. Almost eleven. Jonghyun will be home soon so he should make some lunch for him and a brunch for himself.

When he lands on the floor (this time it’s a bit harder than when Jonghyun was watching him, maybe Jonghyun did help him) he notices that his feet touch the could floor, meaning that he lost his socks in his sleep. He looks through his bed and when they’re not there he decides to search under Jonghyuns since they’re not in his either.

It isn’t surprising that he finds a lot of stuff under Jonghyuns bed; cleaning isn’t either of their best points and shoving it under the bed is ten times easier. Deciding that he wants to be productive he takes everything from under the bed and throws the clothes in the laundry basket and throws away things that are practically trash. Three file folders almost follow but when he sees that they’re actually not covered in dust and he reads the title he decides not to.

He lays them on the kitchen table and decides to start cooking, thinking about what he should do with three folders of “Plans I should put in act to finally seduce my hot roommate”. Really, he doesn’t even dare to think of what’s inside.

Okay, so he peeked inside.

And okay, he might be as red as the tomatoes Jonghyun hates so much.

This might all be true but he keeps them on the kitchen table, trying to ignore them and actually focus on the cooking that he doesn’t want to burn.

When he’s done almost burning the food he hears the door fall in the lock, indicating that Jonghyun is home. He puts the files on the countertop so Jonghyun doesn’t see them when he sits down.

“Minki-ah, thank you for the food.”

The food is gone way sooner than it was cooked and Minki starts talking again.

“How was work?”

“Pretty good, not really busy. Did you sleep long after I was gone? I’m sorry that I woke you up.”

Minki shakes his head. “No need to apologize, I slept till eleven and then cleaned our room.” His eyes observe everything he sees Jonghyun do, trying to find anything suspicious but nothing catches his attention.

“I even cleaned under the bed, threw away some stuff and even found this.”

Now Jonghyun stiffens and when the files get on the table he bites his lip.

“Care to explain?”

“Well, that are my plans to woo you that would actually start tomorrow but I guess I can start now too.”