Tuesday, October 3

Loving each day [ FICTOBER ]

Day 3; “You work at a haunted house and as I turned the corner you scared me and I’m so very sorry for breaking your nose” AU

“Come on Minki! If you won’t do it I’ll tell Jonghyun about the crush you have on him!”

“Come on Aron, you can’t do that to me,” Minki whines.

“Oh I can,” and his best friend (aka devil) laughs, “I have his number remember? One text and he’ll know everything.” Minki’s eyes widen and he runs to Aron to snatch the phone out of his hand.

After trying to get the damn phone for five minutes he gives up. “I’ll go into the haunted house!” He gives in but his face says otherwise and Aron almost tells him that he doesn’t have to if it makes him that distressed but then he remembers his promise to Jonghyun and decides he has to withstand Minki’s pouting face for once if he wants to get Minhyuns number from Jonghyun.

“One more condition: you can’t come out crying or you’ll have to ask him for a date!”

Minki looks at the elder with a shocked face. “But what am I getting out of this?!” He really doesn’t see why he should do this because even if he made it out of the haunted house without crying what would he get?

“If you’ll make it out of the haunted house without crying I’ll ask Jonghyun for his number for you. If you lose you’ll gain a possible boyfriend. Look, it’s a win-win situation!” His best friend might be enthusiastic but Minki looks back at him with a deadpan face.

“You and your stupid ideas always.”

He leaves his bag and jacked with Aron and purchases a ticket for the haunted house and joins the other people waiting in the line. The shorter the line gets the more nervous Minki starts to feel.

Haunted houses are really not his thing.

He makes it through the first part of the haunted house without too much crying; there were lockers that suddenly opened with hands sticking out of them that made him run once they opened, a spider that dropped from the ceiling while he was running which made him fall down on his and some ghosts here and there. He breathes in relief once he reads a plate that says: “You survived the first part.”

He breathes in and out once more, closes his eyes and walks further with a calm expression.

However, this calm expression doesn’t last for long. A ghost suddenly appears in front of him, giving him the biggest scare till now and Minki punches (self-defence!) the ghost in the face. He slowly retracts his hand and the ghost touches his face with his hand and Minki is suddenly reminded of how the ghost isn’t real. He blinks a few times, letting the thought sink in, but once he sees a red spot appear on the sheet of the “ghost” he starts panicking.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry, let me help you get out of here.”

Minki takes one of the hands of the ghost and gets them out of there (screaming here and there and making the other ghosts look strange at them because why the hell was that client walking with a ghost to the exit?).

The sunlight hits his skin and he lets out a relieved sigh. He turns around and sees that the “ghost” is looking at him and it looks kind of ridiculous with the sheet still on the male so he takes it off the male and gets the biggest shock of the whole walk through the haunted house – it was Jonghyun beneath the sheet.

O lord he punched Jonghyun.

He punched his crush.

(Aron looked amusedly from the side-line and started texting Jonghyun. I want Minhyuns number.)