Thursday, October 26

Loving each day [ FICTOBER ]

Day 26: “I’m Team Valor, you’re Team Instinct and apparently we have to hate each other but you’re really cute

The hype of Pokémon GO still hasn’t died down for some reason and if he has to be honest, he doesn’t mind. His youth (and even when he wasn’t that youthful anymore) was spend playing Pokémon games in his free times so he’ll admit that compared to the Nintendo games, Pokémon GO isn’t that amazing but he loves that it isn’t just interaction on his phone; he has met some amazing people too.

He’s currently at the biggest city that is near his own as today would be a day that everyone who becomes the leader of a gym gets a special present. Becoming a leader isn’t as easy anymore; those who still play are getting better and better each day and he himself isn’t someone that has the time to travel around the country to get the Pokémon he needs to win. While he stays where he is he found out that making sure that they level up and their evolution work is just as important.

He catches some lower level Pokémon on his way to the gym and smiles when he looks up from his phone and sees Minhyun sitting on the terrace of a little shop that’s near the gym, his regular cup of tea in front of him. He creeps up to Minhyun and gets to the other male without being noticed as Minhyun was totally focused on his own battle and breaks all the concentration with a “Hello”, which resulted in Minhyun dropping his phone and cursing. “Jonghyun, it’s already falling down more than ever before. I got no money to buy another one.”

The waitress greets him and he orders a coffee. When he sits down he notices how warm the sun actually is and takes off his jacket. “Hello to you too Minhyun.”

“You’re ready for some fighting? It’s been crazy here since early morning, fight after fight and at the beginning the leader switched from time to time but now there is this one guy that nobody can beat for some reason. I can’t either.”

“Let me check.”

He opens the gym and sees a male from team Mystic with quite some amazing Pokémon. However, the gym reloads not even a second later and there is a new leader; someone with the yellow logo he can recognize in his dreams by now. A male from team Instinct. The player is either a full-time player or someone with a lot of money if he can read the character based on his clothing and Pokémon.

There is a commotion going on at the table that’s two tables behind Minhyun and while his friend only rolls his eyes at the loud men he doesn’t pay it any thought until he catches what they’re singing.

“Wow Minki, you finally beat that one!”

“I thought it would be impossible as nobody else was able to beat him but I guess I did something right for once.”

His attention goes back to his own table when he sees his friend looking irritated. “Jonghyun, you’re listening to the conversation of others again. Mind your manners.”

“But that blond male sitting behind you is the current leader and he’s cute.”

-x-

His own battle ends with negative results for him but as he can hear the winner’s “YEAH”  he smiles.

“Jonghyun, you’re getting more creepy every day. You just lost, why are you staring into nothing and smiling like a boy in love.”

“Because I might as well be in love.”

“Jonghyun, that blondie is a member from Instinct and you’re one from Valor, what are you thinking?! You’re enemies!”

“Minhyun, it’s a freaking game. I am not going to let a potential boyfriend walk out of my life just because of a game.”

His friend rolls his eyes once more but he pays it no mind as he stands up and walks to the table of the blond haired male and his friend.

“You’re the current gym leader, right?”

“Yes, I am. How can I help you?”

“I know that we’re from different teams and I just lost from you but would you please go out on a date with me?”

A shy smile appears on the face of, if he heard correctly, Minki and he can’t help but blush because of the male’s cuteness. Minki suddenly doesn’t sound as confident as he first was but he stutters a yes and he smiles. His eye catches a paper and a pen laying on the table and he writes down his phone number.

“Call me if you have time.”

Minki nods and he walks back to his own table, sits down and looks right in the face of his shocked friend.

“Jonghyun what the hell did you just do?”

“Yeah Jonghyun, who do you think you are?”

The second voice isn’t one he expected and when he looks to the owner he recognizes him as the male Minki was sitting with.

“I’m sorry but do we have a problem?”

“Oh we don’t, I just wanted to tell you that you aren’t taking Minki out anytime soon.” With that, he walks back to the table where Minki is still sitting, an adorable confused look on his face and he is taken by the hand and is forced to leave the terrace.

“I’ll call you!” He manages to understand what Minki says and smiles at him, “Please do!”

“Not happening anytime soon!”