Mission Impossible!

A Date with Seo Joohyun

CHAPTER FIVE: Mission Impossible!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

If Seohyun had the slightest idea of what had been going on for the last few hours at SMEnt., she would probably have returned from the date much earlier. However, since she didn’t know, she was shocked by chaos she saw when walking into the building.

 

Donghae was running around, looking like he could cry at any moment. He stopped everyone he saw and asked the same question:

- Do you know where Seohyun or Kyuhyun can be?

As people kept shaking their heads after hearing his question, he became even more panic, that when Seohyun stood in front of him, he still asked her the same question

- Oppa, I’m here. What’s wrong? – Seohyun looked at him confusingly.

As if Donghae didn’t hear what she said, he went past her to reach to the next person, until he realized something wasn’t right.

- Donghae oppa – Seohyun couldn’t understand what was going on, so she grabbed Donghae to stop him – Why are you looking for me and Kyuhyun oppa? Was there some emergency?

- Seo…Seohyunie? It’s you? – Donghae couldn’t believe what he saw, but he quickly grabbed her hand and started running.

Seohyun could only scream quietly in her mind. Running, again?

 

Although Donghae’s reaction suprised Seohyun greatly, what waited for her at the practice room was beyond her imagination. The room was full of people: her unnie, oppa, manager oppa, etc. to the point that she couldn’t name every person at once. When she walked in, everyone ran toward her, asking non-stop questions, even some weird ones. Only when Taeyeon realized that Seohyun was overwhelming with the situation, she asked people to step back, and finally her maknae could breath.

 

Leeteuk was the first one to speak again as he started to be impatient:

- Seohyun ah, was everything ok? Did Kyuhyun…do anything inappropriate to you?

- Huh? Of course not? Why did you ask that?

- That’s good. That’s good. We’re only making sure. – Eunhyuk tried to fake a smile.

Yunho looked at Leeteuk, and he also saw the same relief in Leeteuk’s eyes. However, he still whispered to his friend

- It doesn’t make your maknae, or Super Junior any less guilty. We’ll definitely talk about this.

- Oppa, unnie? What’s wrong? Can someone please explain to me? – Seohyun was still super confused because it looked like no one planned to tell her what had been going on.

This time, no one answered. They didn’t want to let Seohyun know about the oversight part of the date. Even though Seohyun was probably old enough, she was still a baby to all of her elders. But as a strong and independent person as she had been, she would definitely be unhappy if she found out about their plan.

After looking around and seeing that everyone was trying to avoid her gaze while kept glancing to their respective leaders, Seohyun decided to pick Yunho instead of Leeteuk, because Yunho oppa at least once in a while would treat her like an adult, while Leeteuk oppa had never done so.

- Yunho oppaaaa, pleaseeeee?

Yunho swallowed hard. Her big eyes and the puppy-like looks were always too difficult for him to resist any of her request, so he kicked Leeteuk. But again, Leeteuk failed when locking eyes with Seohyun, so he elbowed Taeyon lightly. She was their only hope.

- Ahaha – Taeyon laughed awkwardly. Even she didn’t escape the charm of her own maknae – You know, Kyuhyun oppa was known to be a ert, so…

- B-but I’m his dongsaeng though. And why did you have to look for us? I thought it had to be some emergency.

- That…that – Taeyeon didn’t know how to respond. Seohyun-ah, you were kidnapped by him. How could that not be an emergency???

- Seohyun, let me explain to you. – A voice suddenly was heard near the front door

Every eye was fixed on the man who just stepped in. Everyone was shocked, because they couldn’t imagine that he even had the nerve to show up at this time. And yes, the man was no other than the mighty Cho Kyuhyun, the new enemy of everyone in the room.

- Cho Kyuhyun!!! How dare you??? – Yunho squawked.

As Yunho started running toward him, Leeteuk jumped in to hold him down, while signaling his maknae to run away.

- Hyung, calm down. Let me explain everything to Seohyunie first, won’t you?

- CHO KYUHYUN!!!

And it was Leeteuk’s turn to get angry, so Taeyeon had to jump in to hold him still.

- Kyu, it-it’s not very nice of you to do that. – Siwon looked at his beloved dongsaeng with disapproval, but he couldn’t really reprimand him at all. – And Seohyun-ah, don’t you have some schedule to go to? Manager hyung has been waiting for you.

Soshi manager immediately got the cue, and as the still-confused Seohyun walked out with her manager, Eunhyuk called after them:

- Hyung, don’t forget the Golden meeting.

- Golden, w-what’s that, oppa? – Seohyun was completely lost.

- Seohyunie, you’ll know once it’s time. – Her oppa just rubbed her head lightly, and gave a mysterious smile.

So, what is this Golden meeting?

The name was suggested by Heechul the language master. Seeing the whole big mess created by the simple wish of Seohyun the forever maknae, he mockingly called their meeting to discuss her dating problem “Golden”: the SMTown Golden maknae, Golden criteria they set for any man who wanted to be close to her, and probably the Golden men registerd in the dating list. And after few meetings, the name had another implication: they were also the golden examples of a secret: any matter regarding Seohyun’s love life was always more effective in achieving the SM mission (almost) impossible, which was to divide Super Junior and DBSK, than any careful plan put together by the two brains of SM: Kyuhyun and Changmin.

 

So, shall we all take a peak at the meetings?

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

First meeting was held on an early Sunday morning, but surprisingly, everyone was deadly on time to the meeting, even the sleeping princess Jessica. Some members, ahem Leeteuk & Yunho ahem, initially planned to use the timing as their advantage to reduce the numbers of people attending the meeting, in order to make their votes weight more and easier to control the result.

It was already difficult to be nominated, since the person had to satisfied at least the two basic criteria:

  1. They had to be older than Seohyun and younger than Leeteuk.
  2. At least half of the people in the room had to have some understanding about him.

Well, they were only basic criteria for a reason. Because the rest of the criteria was much more strict, in term of apperance, personalities, income, and literally everything that people can think of. After looking at the criteria, Sooyoung had to voice out her worries

- Yah, where could we go to find these men? And even if we found one, what if he didn’t like Seohyun? Should…should we lower the standard?

- Who wouldn’t like Seohyun? – Jungmo spoke with an incomprehensible tone. Like a man could be that stupid to not like her.

- Even if he doesn’t like Seohyun, we will threaten him to. – Key declared confidently, as if it was the most obvious solution.

However, Sooyoung was not alone. Few other agreed that the criteria were too much, with Sungmin becoming the strongest advocator

- We aren’t looking for a prince or some sort right?

- Seohyun is a princess. Of course she deserves a prince! – Yesung amazed everybody in the room as he unexpectedly spoke with defensive tone.

Unanticipatedly, people only almost fought again. Since after looking carefully at the list of candidates, there were actually a few who safely meet most, not all, of the criteria. And it was probably too early in the morning for a fight, or they had decided to save their energy for the voting battle.

Since everyone’s opinion was so divided, even when each person could vote for up to three names, it was tough for all the nominees and those who supported them to gather enough vote as to secure a position in the top. To make the process transparent, each group sent a member to the counting board. When the result came out, many people still doubted that it wasn’t the legitimate one because it was full of surprises.

No one could believe that Minho was at the first position. Although in all fairness, he deserved the spot. Every Soshi member gave him a vote, with the exception of Yuri giving all her three votes to him. In addition, he had a fair share of managers and members from other groups.

The one who suspected the result the most was the man in the second place. Kyuhyun couldn’t believe that all the lobbying did not land him the first place. Hyoyeon wasn’t completely wrong when she thought that he bribed his way into the position, but it was only half of the story. Besides bribing, he also threatened his hyung and dongsaeng so they would give him at least one vote. Although he wasn’t the only one who did so, (he also had a twin, remember?), due to the large numbers of his very own group, he got to where he was. See, this was when a large group could come to an advantage!

Well, the rest of the list was another long story.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Let’s jump to the second meeting, which was after Minho and Seohyun’s date.

Since everyone agreed that they should send at least a person to supervise Seohyun’s dates in order to give them a detailed report, and more importantly, intervene if needed. Yesung wasn’t completely honest when he reported what happened between the two, partially because he could totally see how the room would explode with the news, but mostly because he was afraid of the violence toward him. Who wouldn’t though?

And he wasn’t wrong at all. When all the male found out from Yuri that Minho did kiss Seohyun (on the back of her hand), they almost wanted to cross Minho off the list immediately due to his vulgar action. And Yesung, poor Yesung was almost got kicked out completely from all the meetings for not completing his duty.

Since the next date would involve one of the most alarming people of SMTown, picking supervisors caused a headache for every single soul. If it was possible, everybody wanted to be there, especially men not from Super Junior. How could they let Kyuhyun be alone with Seohyun? It’s like leaving a sheep with a hungry wolf!

Out of a few people who would be free, Yunho and Hyoyeon were entrusted with the mission. Yunho was known for his protective attitude toward Seohyun, and as being the sunbae to almost everyone else, he won the competition to be the supervisor. However, Kyuhyun protested that Yunho could use his position for the advantage of his maknae, who also happened to be Kyuhyun’s strongest competitor in his humble opinion. Thus, Donghae was requested to join the team, and unsurprisingly, Eunhyuk was also dragged into the mess.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

And because of such a big team of guardians, no one could believe that Seohyun and Kyuhyun were nowhere to be found and their phones couldn’t be reached. To make the matter worse, so many had used the wildest imagination to picture what could have happened to their loved ones. And needless to say, that did not let to anything kind at all.

- How could you not know where they went? You were there. It was your job. – Jessica crossed her arm aggressively and directed her anger to Yunho.

- Sica-ah, we were talking with Park Ji-sun noona, and when we realized that they were inside for too long and came in to find them, they were gone. – Donghae tried to calm her down – We all know Kyuhyun is a good kid.

- I trusted you. We trusted you all. – YoonA bit her lips, trying to hold back her tears – Fine, Kyu oppa won’t do anything, but what if they got involved in an accident? What if some sasaeng fan saw them and attacked them?

That’s when everyone became silent. What if, no one could contact the two because they were no longer conscious?

- Wait, did you mention Ji-sun unnie? – Sunny suddenly jumped off her chair as a thought crossed her mind – Isn’t she closed with both of them, especially Kyuhyun oppa? Isn’t this all a plan of him, using Ji-sun unnie as a distraction to have some private time with Seohyunie?

Changmin nodded slightly, but decided to keep quiet, because he himself had thought of the very same plan, only a different distraction. He wouldn’t want other people to be aware of his true thought for sure. Who would want people to follow around during their date anyway? Sneaky, Kyu, very sneaky. Now I have to come up with a new plan to get rid of the overseeing team.

 

That was definitely a revelation, so at the third Golden meeting, when Kyuhyun walked in, he instantaneously became the target. He was pushed to the last place for the next round of date, if he could be chosen. Everyone hoped that the punishment was severe enough to stop all other applicants’ ideas of spending time alone with Seohyun.

Or at least, they prayed so.