Way To Drop A Bomb!

A Date with Seo Joohyun

CHAPTER ONE: Way To Drop A Bomb!

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was a normal night at Girls’ Generation dorm, until everyone heard a high screech from Hyoyeon. No one would have expected that she could reach that high sound, so every soshi member ran to her room to see what happened.

Hyoyeon and Seohyun were sitting on the floor, facing each other. The former looked utterly surprised while the latter looked calm and innocence, as always. As the seven members who just stepped in had no idea about the scene in front of them, they decided to ask:

- Hyoyeon unnie, Seohyunie, what happened?

- I only asked her a favor – Seohyun calmly responded, and as if she thought of something brilliant, her eyes sparked while continuing to speak – May I also ask you all the same favor?

The members stared at each other hesitantly. Sometimes Seohyun, the most logical and practical creature that they had ever met, had the strangest ideas in the world, and the look on Hyoyeon’s face did not guarantee anything pleasant. Finally, every eye fixed on Taeyoon, waiting for her to give their precious maknae an answer.

- Umm, let’s hear your favor first. – Taeyoon said uncertainly. What could that be anyway?

- Can you set me up with a nice guy? – Seohyun smiled sheepishly, her eyes pleading.

- WHAT?????

And at that moment, the Soshi dorm exploded.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Every Girls’ Generation member had been on full alert since the minute that Seohyun asked for the favor. After making sure that Seohyun was serious about getting to know a man, all members immediately agreed to have a meeting of high level emergency. Why would they not?

 

Taeyeon, with a serious look on her face, started to speak with an even more serious tone:

- Do any of you know about the jerk that tainted our maknae?

- Huh? – Sooyong was surprised by the leader’ idea – I don’t think anyone gives her that idea. She probably comes up with it on her own. She hasn’t done anything unusual recently anyway.

- Then someone explains to me how Seohyun suddenly became interested in boys? – Taeyeon retorted, still looking dead serious, and slightly confused.

- Well, may be Sooyong has been talking about marriage too much that she got curious? Or the fact that every one of us has been dating at least once makes her feel pressure to do the same? Who knows? -  Jessica placed a hand of Taeyeon’s shoulders, trying to calm her friend down. -  Everyone changes. She is a grownup now, Taeng. It’s about time.

- I agree. Although if I ever found out about any guy that broke her heart and made her feel the need to know a nice guy, I would kill that *sshole with my bare hands. – Hyoyeon angressively kicked the sofa, as if it was the mysterious boy.

Hyoyeon was not alone because the girls all nodded in agreement. However, just a minute later, they weren’t as that united when deciding who they should set their Seobaby up with. Everyone had at least one name in their minds, and all refused to believe that other suggestions would be better than theirs. The meeting soon turned to be a debate competition, with words, screams, and even none-human noises flying around in all directions.

- How could Changmin oppa be a better fit than Minho? – Yuri shook her head in disbelief – Minho has always been Hyun’s best friend and Changmin oppa was just....kinda there. 

- 91-liners are basically her fanboys. That makes Minho no better than any of them. Jinwoon seems to genuinely like Seohyun while Minho seems to consider her as a friend only. – Sooyong disagreed while trying to give out one of her suggestions – Actually, it wouldn’t hurt if we just present all of her 91-line male friends to her.

- NO WAY!!! – Tiffany screamed while jumping around, trying to convince everyone that Seohyun should be set up with a completely stranger because it would be less awkward if thing did not work out between them. – What are you all even thinking???

Sunny rolled her eyes:

- How could we trust a stranger enough to even let him set eye on our maknae? Not to mention that we aren’t the only ones who have a say about who would be allowed to be near our baby. Whoever you have in mind would probably be murdered by Leeteuk oppa before he could open his mouth to talk to Hyunie.

- ENOUGH! – Jessica and her dolphinlike screech was usually enough to make a room full of people go quiet, but it didn’t work as well this time – I said ENOUGH!! STOP!!!

Only after she screamed with the top of her lung three times, the noises started to die down. Well, if that did not show how much the issue matted to Soshi, no one knew what else would.

- I need to go to sleep and this apparently leads to nowhere. How about we all write down the names we have in mind, then ask for advices from other people, like manageroppa, Leeteuk oppa, and her friends? Then we’ll rank them and let Seohyun pick out a few from top ten first to see how it goes. The rest can be waitlisted.

The members looked at each other for couples of minutes, and when no one else spoke against it, Taeyeon started writing down the names she had in mind on a piece of paper. After everyone was done, they all looked at the list and couldn’t stop themselves from laughing. The list included names of all sort, from males in other SM groups, SM staffs, to people from other companies, their own relatives and non-famous friends, and even some ex-boyfriends. No wonder how they couldn’t come to an agreement.

- This list is now of highest confidential status, and we are all required to protect its content from unauthorized people, especially from Seohyun. – All eight girls solemnly swore that they would not let out a single hint about their plan.

What a way to end a chaos night!