Her First Oppa. His Only Girl.

A Date with Seo Joohyun

CHAPTER SEVEN: Her First Oppa. His Only Girl.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After the date with HyunKi, Seohyun had thought that may be, just maybe, her unnie had found their reasons again and not send her to some awkward situations with a guy whom she knew beforehand. However, she knew she had kept her hope too high when she saw who was waiting for her in front of the theme park. It was no other than one of her very close oppa: Shim Changmin.

 

Seohyun immediately wanted to turn back and run away, hoping that her appearance had gone unnoticed. However, God decided that it wasn’t a very good day for her: Changmin had started heading to her direction. At that very moment, she never in her own life had wished for anything than the ability to evade into thin air. She had had enough of her male acquaintances confessing their feelings to her, so she already gave up on the naïve thought that they showed up to the date just for the sake of showing up. And her instinct had taken the better of her. So she actually turned back, and ran off.

 

But again, it wasn’t her good day at all. Changmin and his long legs caught up to her pretty quickly. He grabbed her wrist to force her to turn back and face him.

- Joohyunie – His voice was as tender as she remembered.

- Oppa, c-can you let go of my hand first? – She looked at where their hands met, and her face looked so red that Changmin felt his cheek burning instantaneously.

- S-sure. Just don’t run away again, arasso? – Changmin let go of her hand, but stepped closer so their talk could be more private.

Seohyun didn’t answer, but she stepped back a little. His presence and his scent were too overwhelming for her at that moment. Changmin looked offended, but he wouldn’t let that feeling stay for too long. He had decided to no longer be the shy boy he used to be, watching her from afar, worrying that he would lose her once she knew his feeling. He was determined to let his feelings known, because he knew that he would have definitely lost her to other guys if he didn’t act soon enough.

- Seohyun-ah, people are looking at us. You don’t want them to realize who we are, right?

She glanced around, and couples of people had started to notice them, so she was left with no choice but to hold on to Changmin’s hand and walk as fast as they could.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Seohyun was amazed when Changmin took her to a maze inside the theme park. It was a late afternoon of a weekday, so there almost barely any sight of other people. Once they got inside, Seohyun tried to slow Changmin down, but her wish, for the first time since they became friends, wasn’t granted by her guardian angel.

- O-oppa, why do have to keep walking so fast? And do you know how to get out of this?

- Shh, trust me, Hyunie. – Changmin stopped for a second to look at his cute date. – Have I ever failed you before?

- B-but why are you rushing?

This time, Changmin actually stopped, and looked at her teasingly, his lips curved to a smirk

- So, I’ll take that as a sign that you want to spend more time with me?

- Oppaaa. – Seohyun pouted. Ughh, why does every man have to act like a ert?

The path was so narrow that it could barely fit two people walking in parallel. Thus, when Changmin started closing the gap between them, Seohyun had to keep walking backward, until she felt that her back already touched the wall, telling her that there was no room left.

- O-op.. – Seohyun gasped for air. She didn’t know why suddenly she felt like she couldn’t breath. Like all the air was from her by the tall and handsome man in front of her.

- Shh.

His scent was embracing her, just like his masculine body, with his hand straightening against the wall, was encircling her. His gaze was powerful and mesmerizing that she was lost in his eyes, while his presence was insinuating all of her senses. She was lost in their world.

Changmin was no better than her. Seohyun was in his arms, her beautiful eyes only reflected the very own image of him. At first, he only wanted to , when he saw how cute she looked with her plump lips. But this had gone too far for him to back down. Her petite figure and her feminine scent drove him crazy, crazy for wanting to stay like this forever and never letting go.

He started leaning in. Her eyes were slowly closed. She wasn’t even sure why she did that. Shouldn’t she run away or push him back, or at least, tell him to stop?

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Right at that moment, they heard some steps coming close by, crushing the leaves under their feet. A few acquainted voices were echoing among the walls, harshly pulled them out of their own world. Seoyun put her hands on top of his , trying to push him away. However, when she felt his body heat through his shirt, she shivered. They were too close. The only thing escaped from was his name:

- Changmin oppa.

Changmin knew that the moment had gone. He cursed himself for hesitating for too long and lost his chance to taste her deliciously-looking lips. Nonetheless, he was discontented to give up just like that, so he continued leaning in to kiss her forehead and let his lips linger there for longer than he should have.

Seeing that Seohyun was about to say something again, Changmin placed a finger on her lips, gesturing her to keep quiet and pointing toward the direction of the noise, implying her to not let the people nearby hear them. While secretly, for not having to hear any other innocent but effective seduction murmur from her. Or I wouldn’t know what I will do.

 

Seohyun’s eyes and mouth were wide opened when she realized that she recognized the voices. She looked at Changmin, waiting for him to deny her thoughts, but when she saw the confirmation look in his eyes, she was perplexed.

- Why are they here? – Seohyun decided to ask, because Changmin didn’t look a bit surprise. He knew.

- Seohyunie, now you know why we have to run, or why I have to bring you to this maze, don’t you?

- T-They have been following us. – It wasn’t a question. It was a statement.

Changmin nodded.

- They probably did that on my other date too. That’s what Kyuhyun oppa was trying to tell me on the other day. And that’s why I got to run so much that day.

This time, Changmin didn’t do anything. He was too busy cursing Kyuhyun. Right, Kyu and his devious plan that caused me so much trouble.

- They thought that my date would do something to me. That’s why everyone was freaking out after my date with Kyuhyun oppa. And Leeteuk oppa’s weird question.

Changmin never looked down on Seohyun’s intelligence, but he didn’t expect that she would connect all the dots that quickly. He rubbed her lightly and held out his hand:

- You are very smart, Joohyunie. So, it’s time to cut our tail, right?

- You are right, oppa. – Seohyun looked determined and held his hand. – Let’s go.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Not very far from them, but completely in oblivion of their presence, her unnie and oppa were arguing about how to find them in the maze.

- Yah, Shim Changmin should be punished worse than Kyuhyunie. He has been warned and he is still doing this to us. – Ryeowook mumbled not very quietly, while glancing at DBSK’s leader.

Yunho was full of mixed feelings. Changmin was never the best maknae in the Kpop world, nonetheless, he was still his maknae, which made Yunho feel bad for not stepping up for him. On the other hand, he wanted to strangle Changmin for this mischievous plan. He should had known better than believing that his maknae would actually care about the punishment. If Changmin would, he would no longer the Shim Changmin he knew for years.

- We all should have paid more attention. – Ryeowook raised his voice when he realized that Yunho didn’t look guilty at all.

- Even if we paid attention, we couldn’t keep a close distance or else Seohyun would know about us. And in the maze, just one wrong turn could lead you to a completely different part. – Sunny sighed

All her companions agreed. They had underestimated Changmin, which was definitely their faults. After all the years enduring so many of his tricks, they should have learnt better.

- Kyu-oppa, are you defeated? – Sunny was too tired from walking around aimlessly, so she just sat down on the ground and looked up at the tall figure.

- Well, I praise his plan. – He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms defensively.

- So he is smarter than you then. – Sunny felt that something wasn’t right when her remark didn’t set off Kyuhyun as usual, so she decided to try again.

- How about we each go our own way and if one of us find them, that person will inform the rest? Otherwise we’ll meet in front of the main gate in half hour? This maze is quite big, and they only entered a few minutes before us so they are probably still here.

Surprisingly, Kyuhyun ignored Sunny’s comment again, but his proposal attracted everyone’s attention that no one really noticed his odd behavior. Since they couldn’t think of any better solution, they quickly followed it.

 

Once Kyuhyun made sure that no one was following him, he took out his phone and looked at the map of the maze that he found online. Using his good memory, sense of direction and the help of the map, he quickly went back to entrance gate. Renting a golf cart at the nearby store, he drove it to the other size of the maze, which had the exit. He was just on time to see Changmin and Seohyun walked hand in hand toward the parking lot. As Changmin looked back one last time to make sure that no one was following them, his gaze met Kyuhyun’s. The two alpha males, the two best friends, the twins looked at each other for a brief second, then both smiled and nodded in understanding.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Changmin and Seohyun got on a small boat that he rented beforehand on the Han river to watch the sunset. As they sat together and enjoyed the view, Changmin slowly started the conversation:

- So, this is where I want to bring you to, not that theme park.

- This is the most beautiful scene I had ever seen. – Seohyun admired the changes of colors in front of her and spoke softly.

Changmin looked at her and helped her tuck few strands of her hair behind her ears so they wouldn’t get in her views. Her chubby cheek turned rosy at his warm touch, just like how the cotton-candy cloud blushed at the heat coming from the brightest star on the sky.

- Very much indeed. – He agreed. The most beautiful scene I had ever seen.

 

And the date with Changmin would never be completed if there wasn’t any food. A lot of food. As they enjoyed the dinner, Seohyun decided to ask the question that had been lingering in her mind

- Changmin oppa, may I ask you a question?

- Go ahead. – Changmin was busy with all the wonderful food in front of him that he didn’t see her perplexed look, or else he would be more careful.

- Why me?

- Huh? – Changmin swallowed quickly… probably too quickly that the big bite of fish stuck and he had to drink so much water to get it down his throat.

Seohyun smiled while coming over to his side, and slightly patted his back, helping him get the food down.

- Oppa, be careful.

- I’m fine now. Thank you, Joohyunie.

- So, why me? – As she sat down at her chair again, she asked promptly, like she would lose all her courage if she didn’t do so.

- Why not you? – He smiled teasingly. – You are the most perfect girl I have ever met.

- I-I’m clumsy. I’m bland. – Seohyun poked at her food while listing all the negative things about her. I-I can’t cook. I…

- Stop, Hyun. – Changmin held her hand gently. – I have never been more genuine when I said that you were the most perfect girl I had ever met.

She looked up at him and was met with an honest and serious look on his face.

- Your ideal girl doesn’t sound like me. – She bit her lips nervously.

- Oh, so you did research about my ideal girl, huh? – Changmin giggled. He could explode with all of the happiness flying at him. – But are you sure that it doesn’t sound like you?

- … - Her eyes sparked at his words and she didn’t even try to hide them.

- I don’t have an ideal girl. You are always my one and only one girl.

Changmin meant it. Seohyun was the definition of his dream. Whenever anyone asked about his ideal other-half, he would think about her. His ideal girl was Seohyun, and at the same time, it wasn’t, since except Seohyun, regardless of how closely resemble a girl could be to the description, he would never consider her as his ideal girl.

- Your turn, Hyun. What do you think about me?

- You are humorous, kind, smart and hard-working. You are the dream of many girls.

For a moment, she wasn't sure if she should say anything else, because they both knew what he had always been to her:

- You are my close oppa.

Seohyun avoided his gaze again, even though she wasn’t lying. He was the first one in SME she called oppa. He was the first man outside of her family that she called oppa. And they had grown so close over the years that she couldn’t be sure about her feeling anymore.

 

Changmin knew that he wouldn’t be able to get another answer from her, so he just smile sadly and told her that they should head back. Seohyun looked a bit guilty, but she knew that he was right. And she told herself that if she didn’t go back, her unnie would worry sick.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Her unnie and oppa did worry about her, but not as much as she thought. It wasn’t the same situation as the last time because this time they knew right away that Changmin tried to have some private time with her. After Kyuhyun met up with other people and they all realized that none of them saw the couple, they decided to go back and wait, because there was nothing else they could do. Kyuhyun was dissatisfied with the clearly different treatment, but he didn’t want to draw anymore attention to himself than what Sunny had been given him the minute they met again, so he kept quiet.