Transformation Time

Tears In Heaven

“You gotta survive this, no matter what happens, just do it!”

 

Jiyeon sighed and get ready to meet new people that Suzy and Fei are going to introduce her. Suddenly Suzy shouted at someone in front of us and waved at them, “Unnie!”

They turned around and waved back with friendly smiles. Two women came running and hugged each of them; Jiyeon, Fei and Suzy and a tall strange man with bad unique looks nodded at them. Suzy started to introduce Jiyeon to them, “Jiyeon, these are Jia unnie, Min unnie and Jinyoung senpai.”

JYP said, “Please call me JYP or boss or senpai. I’m the founder of this company.”

JYP raised his hand at Jiyeon to accept the handshake so Jiyeon handshake him with gratitude. Jiyeon nodded with her apologetic look, “It is pleasure to meet you, JYP boss. You too, Jia-shii and Min-shii.”

Min scoffed with a groovy smile, “Young lady, don’t talk with formal language. Speak informally.”

Jia nodded, “Yeah. I guess I’m your unnie….what is your birth year?”

Jiyeon answered, “1993.”

“Ahhh….call me unnie.”

“Yes, unnie.”

JYP said to Jiyeon, “I heard it from Suzy. You are good at singing, am I right?”

Jiyeon nodded and then he continued to say, “May I request for you to sing for me?”

Jiyeon was surprised and looked at Suzy smiling at her and then she looked back and nodded again. JYP smiled, “Great. By the way, don’t be too shy with me. I’m caring. Let’s go to the studio. This way.”

JYP leads Jiyeon and Miss A the way to the studio and Jiyeon entered the studio, standing in front of the microphone hanging from the ceiling. JYP already settled things up and asked her as he pressed the speaker button, “Jiyeon. What song are you going to sing?”

Jiyeon was thinking of a song whether it is easy to sing so she answered, “10 Minutes.”

“Lee Hyori?”

“Yes, Hyori.”

“Alright, here we go. Start singing.”

After Jiyeon finished singing, Suzy clapped her hands while JYP was mesmerized by her singing and nodded then he raised his thumb up at Jiyeon. Jiyeon smiled at JYP and then JYP said to Jiyeon and Miss A, “Jiyeon, your singing is very perfect. But your appearance…I think I can help you to change yourself. I think it is going to be very difficult for you to train.”

Suzy gasped, “JYP sunbae…you mean, she got in?”

JYP nodded and Suzy clapped her hands again while squealed loudly with Miss A. JYP shushed her up and sighed, “So what do you think, Jiyeon? I got my only trusted friend who can help you to change.”

Jiyeon was thinking deeply whether she can accept or not, so she decided to accept by saying, “I will try my best.”

JYP nodded again, “Great. Jiyeon is staying with you guys.”

Miss A started to celebrate Jiyeon’s becoming-a-JYP-trainee and Min got an idea and requested for a party for themselves. However JYP warned them about their coming debut, Fei pouted and begged him for the party so as Jia and Suzy. Minutes later, JYP gave up and granted their request, to let them have a free day of celebration with Jiyeon.

 

While they were preparing the party, Min sat besides Jiyeon and cleaning the table as she asked Jiyeon, “How are you feeling, Jiyeon dongsaeng?”

Jiyeon smiled at Min while cleaning the table, “I’m feeling good, unnie. I wanted to know about you…you look like you came from China, right?”

Min laughed, “Oh no. I was born in here. Actually Jia unnie and Fei unnie are both Chinese, they know Korean very well.”

“Oh I see. Which unnie is better?”

“Hmmm…let’s say….Jia unnie is better. Fei unnie is very confusing but she is funny if she is very serious.”

“Hahahaha…I see. What is the name of your band?”

“Miss A. Miss A is going to be a great band.”

“I see. Who is the leader?”

“Fei unnie. She is the oldest.”

Jiyeon nodded so Min continued to say, “Dongsaeng, if you have any problems, remember please let us know so we can help you.”

Jiyeon nodded again and then they both heard Suzy’s shouting from the front door. Suzy came in with the bags of grocery and handed them to Fei, “Unnie, you cook!”

Fei smiled and received it from Suzy, “Alright then. Jia dongsaeng, help me with it.”

Jia nodded and started to help Fei for cooking. Suzy sighed and walked towards them as she asked them, “What are you guys talking about, unnie?”

Min answered as she shrugged her shoulders, “Nothing much. We were talking about our band.”

Suzy nodded with opened in an o-shaped and Jiyeon giggled quietly so that they continued to prepare the settings on the table.

 

Next day, Jiyeon was sitting on the sofa, waiting and waiting for people coming to Miss A’s dorm. She was feeling nervous and was thinking how she could change herself and how she could face people in her school. She decided not to go to school until she would go back if she changes herself fully. She played her fingers and then entwined them together with nervousness.

Suddenly she heard the door clicking open and people’s footsteps appearing from the door, so she stood up quickly and saw people approaching as she bowed at them with respects, “Hello. Hello I’m Park Jiyeon.”

She looked up at them, they are 2 people, one woman was wearing fashionable clothes and one man was wearing simple clothes. They smiled and nodded at Jiyeon. Then one of them looked at Jiyeon’s figure and discussed each other by whispering to their ears and nodded in agreement. Jiyeon felt nervous and bit her bottom lip.

JYP cleared his throat and introduced a lady to Jiyeon, “Jiyeon, this is your coach, Miss Lee Yoon Ji.”

Ms Lee smiled, “Hello Jiyeon. Call me, unnie or Miss Lee, if you want.”

Jiyeon nodded and smiled back, “Hello unnie. It is pleasure to meet you.”

JYP said to Jiyeon, “There is something I want you to know something. You should follow our words what we tell you to do. Today is your first day of training. You should work very hard and be determined.”

Jiyeon nodded and Ms Lee added in, “From now on, every morning at 9am, you should go to one of the best gyms I visited. Here is the address…” She handed her address to Jiyeon, “…my manager will pick you before 9am. Do not be late. Be on time. You will be training for at least 8 hours and then you will be sent to the studio room. JYP will waiting for you in the studio room, JYP will teach you some training experiences.”

Jiyeon gulped and nodded while she was thinking if she will have break time for lunch so she asked Ms Lee, “Will break time be there for me? For eating?”

JYP and Ms Lee looked at each other and JYP answered it for Ms Lee, “Jiyeon, yes you will but the break time should be at least 15 minutes. You should eat less. We will give you some small food. It is better for you to change yourself and you will be strong to survive later on. The thing is that…this company is no like luxury. It is survival. Got it, Jiyeon?”

Jiyeon nodded in understanding and Ms Lee looked at the watch, it was nearly 8am so she asked Jiyeon, “Did you ate breakfast, Jiyeon?”

Jiyeon nodded, “Not much.”

“Good. Let me take you to the gym.”

Jiyeon and Ms Lee bid their goodbyes to JYP and left the company to meet Ms Lee’s manager who was waiting, sitting in the car, outside of the JYP Entertainment Company. Then they went to the one of the gyms named, V.I.P. Gym Club and they both signed up their names on. Ms Lee gave the over-sized clothes to Jiyeon and Jiyeon thanked her with gratitude so they both get changed in the ladies room.

 

At the gym centre, Ms Lee instructed Jiyeon to skip the rope for 100 times and sit-ups for 100 times too and running on the machine for 2 hours. Jiyeon tried her best on skipping the rope however she stopped at any time when she was out of her breathe or she couldn’t take it too much. Ms Lee pursued her to keep working and never give up on changing her appearance, so Jiyeon panted and huffed during exercising. Her forehead was sweating heavily and her belly was jumping excitedly however it was difficult for her to complete all of the works. Ms Lee clapped her hands and cheered while supported her greatly, “Keep going, Jiyeon! HWAITING!”

Moreover, the break time started, Jiyeon panted and drank a lot of water, while waiting for Ms Lee bringing food over. Ms Lee arrived with two small bowls of ramyum noodles and Jiyeon was disappointed that there is no other foods with ramyum noodles. Ms Lee handed it to Jiyeon and Jiyeon asked Ms Lee, “How come there is no kimchi with it?”

Ms Lee shook her head, “Jiyeon, you shouldn’t eat too much. Remember what JYP told you before. It is for survival. I’m not rich but I have some allowances.”

“Oh I see. So what’s your occupation?”

“I’m an actress. Not many people know me a lot. Tomorrow you are going to school, right?”

Jiyeon slurped the noodle into and shook her head, “No, I’m not going back.”

“Why?”

“…Because I don’t want to face people who teases me.”

“I see. Many kids are like that but when they grow up, they won’t tease anymore.”

“Yes, actually I want to continue staying. I will work very hard to train this much. I will go back when I change my appearance fully.”

“I see. That’s good. But…I’m pretty sure you will be an idol before you go back to school.”

“I guess you are right. But there is a lot of things I’m lacking at….I will continue to work hard. I’m very interested in acting.”

“Acting…acting is fun. I’m glad you are interested in it too. I can help you as your senior. However you are not ready to act at this moment, one day you change yourself, you will be ready.”

“Unnie, thank you.”

“No problem. Let’s eat quickly.”

Jiyeon nodded and they both eat the ramyum and then Jiyeon continued to exercising harder while Ms Lee was observing her.

At the end of finishing works, Jiyeon finally collapsed while panting too much and Ms Lee smiled as she placed two thumbs up at Jiyeon. Ms Lee told her that she has been doing very well working and she will see her again next time however Jiyeon whined, “Gah! This is so hard!”

Ms Lee chuckled and patted on her shoulders, “Then that’s good for you to work hard! It’s time for you go. Let’s get changed. Good job, Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon nodded and they both changed their clothes quickly so they went back to JYP Entertainment to drop Jiyeon off. Ms Lee bids a farewell and good luck to her as Jiyeon nodded and waved at her. Jiyeon went into the JYP Entertainment and searched the studio room where JYP was waiting for Jiyeon. Finally she found the studio room and bowed at JYP with respects. JYP nodded and instructed her to practice on singing and breathing techniques.

 

Finally Jiyeon went back to Miss A’s dorm and flipped herself onto the sofa while Suzy and Min were watching Jiyeon’s movements and expression as they found it was funny and they tried not to laugh. Fei bought the cup of cooling water and asked Jiyeon with sincerity, “Dongsaeng, how was your day?”

Jiyeon groaned, “Hard. Very exhausting.”

Suzy giggled, “Unnie, you will get used to it. It is the same thing to us and other idols and trainees.”

Fei nodded, “That’s true. Anyways, have you heard the news?”

Jia appeared from her bedroom, chewing bubblegum and smiled at Jiyeon. Min asked, “What news?”

“Have you heard about Whiskas?”

Jia nodded, “I heard about Whiskas. Their debut is coming soon.”

Jiyeon was curious and asked her with her blank expression, “What is Whiskas?”

Fei answered, “Whiskas is the girl band. It has 5 members. I heard that they are pretty.”

Min asked, “Where are they from?”

“T.O.P. Media. It’s a new company I think.”

Jiyeon nodded and was thinking deeply about changing herself quickly so she would become an idol like Miss A and Whiskas.

Every day and every night, Jiyeon continued to work on exercising and vocal training as she kept losing her weight as her belly began to flatter and flatter. Moreover she has trainings for experiences, which are dancing and acting. She has become a beautiful slim girl and she is more determined and hardworking. JYP and Ms Lee are very impressed and sees Jiyeon improving more skills and losing weight successfully. JYP decided to think whether she is ready to debut or continue training. Ms Lee started to complain about Jiyeon with JYP, “Jinyoung, Jiyeon is improving very well. I guess she is ready. I’m going to train her how to act and make her debut as an actress.”

JYP nodded, “Yes she does. Hope you will help her to be a successful actress. Anyways…I was thinking…”

“What are you thinking?”

“I think she is ready to be an idol. Someone called me for bring some trainees to start their debut.”

“Who?”

“Kim Gwangsu.”

“Kim Gwangsu?! Mnet Media?”

“Yes. He is starting making the subsidiaries, Core Contents Media. I think it is better for her to go there. Plus I will tell him about you to help her for training.”

Ms Lee nodded, “I see…no wonder how she is very lucky.”

“Yes, she is lucky. We are lucky to help her to change herself.”

 

One day, Jiyeon got called by JYP and met JYP and Ms Lee at the meeting room. Jiyeon was curious and worried if she has done something wrong however JYP started to complain things to Jiyeon, “Jiyeon. You are working very hard. I mean, look at you. You have been changed into a beauty swan.”

Jiyeon nodded with a small smile and he continued to say, “I was wondering if you can accept my offer to start your debut.”

Jiyeon was surprised and replied, “I…I…I’m honoured to accept your offer. I’d like to start my debut.”

JYP nodded, “That’s good. Jiyeon, can we wait for people to come here for a minute?”

Jiyeon nodded slightly and Ms Lee grinned, “Congratulations, Jiyeon. You are the best! Don’t be nervous.”

Jiyeon smiled and then someone knocked the door and opened the knob, someone poked its head out to see JYP. JYP nodded and signalled someone to come so someone entered the room with a young girl. Jiyeon bowed at them so as themselves bowing back to her and JYP and Ms Lee. Then two people sat on their own seats and JYP smiled while clapping hand once, “Well anyways, this man is Kim Gwangsu, the current CEO of Mnet Media and Core Contents Media. Sunyoung and Jiyeon, you guys haven’t meet each other before. Sunyoung, meet Park Jiyeon. Jiyeon, meet Park Sunyoung. You guys are being chosen to debut as the new group that CEO formed. Congratulations, girls.”

Kim Gwangsu smiled, “Hello girls. It is pleasure to have you in my company. Hope you will work hard very well.”

Sunyoung and Jiyeon both nodded and smiled at each other, too. Gwangsu began to ask them some questions, “I wanted to know what your stage name is.”

Sunyoung answered quietly with her Busan accent, “Hyomin.”

Jiyeon answered as well, “Jiyeon.”

Gwangsu nodded and wrote it in the notebook, “What are you good at? I mean, your talents?”

JYP quickly answered for them, “Gwangsu, Jiyeon is very good at singing and dancing. Sunyoung is good at rapping and singing as well.”

Ms Lee added in, “Jiyeon is also good at acting. I’m still teaching her.”

Gwangsu nodded, “Ah that’s good. Jiyeon must be very talented…Hyomin, not bad. How old are they?”

JYP replied back, “Jiyeon is 16 years old. Her birthday is June 7, 1993. Sunyoung is 20 years old so her birthday is May 30, 1989.”

“Impressive. JYP how do you know them very well?”

“Recording them.”

“Ah ha. So Jiyeon is the maknae of the group by the way. Anyways, girls, congratulations for your debut. Your group name is T-ara. Next week, you guys will pack up your luggages and meet me at the front of the office. Okay, girls?”

Jiyeon and Hyomin nodded quietly and then they all stood up and handshake their hands. Jiyeon and Hyomin smiled at each other and hugged each other with friendly manners. Hyomin said first, “Nice to meet you, Jiyeon-shii.”

Jiyeon nodded, “Nice to meet you, Sunyoung-shii.”

“Please call me Hyomin or unnie if you want.”

“Cool. Unnie, can we talk informally?”

“Sure we don’t need to be formal.”

They both giggled and make friends with each other.

 

At Miss A’s dorm, Jiyeon arrived with a smile and said loudly to them, “Unnie! SUZY! Guess what?”

Miss A looked up at her and were lying on the floor with the laptop in front of them, “What is it, Jiyeon?”

“I’M STARTING MY DEBUT!”

Suzy gasped loudly, “Really?!”

“Yep.”

Fei and Jia congratulated Jiyeon with a big smile and Min placed a thumb up at her. Suddenly they heard the ‘beep’ sounds from the laptop and Min exclaimed, “It’s time!”

Jiyeon and Miss A quickly looked onto the laptop, watching the video of Miss A’s teaser.

Jiyeon was impressed and asked, “What is the song?”

Suzy replied, “Bad Girl Good Girl.”

“Wahhh so interesting. Min unnie, Jia unnie. Your dancing skills are daebak! You are so cool.”

Jia grinned and Min chorused with a happy tone, “THANK YOU!”

Suzy pointed at something from the laptop, “Unnie, check the Whiskas’ article.”

Min replied as she clicked the link, “Sure.”

The article appeared with Whiskas’ logo picture, Miss A and Jiyeon read them quickly and then looked on the comments below. Jia pouted, “So curious. Wondering what they look like.”

Suzy nodded and read the comment aloud, “Wahhh. I can’t wait to see their debut. Hopefully they are better than SNSD.”

Min clicked the sound link by accident as the same time she said, “Ooops. My bad.”

However, they all heard the voices coming out of the laptop by saying, “Hello, we are Whiskas. Meow!

Jiyeon was surprised by their voices and commented, “Wow…their voices sound pretty to me.”

Suzy scoffed, “Like I care.”

Fei pointed her finger at Suzy’s head and pushed it hard, “Watch it. Don’t say anything in public.”

Suzy pouted, “UNNIE!!!”


Second chapter for you

Hope you will like it :) Thank you for liking my story and commenting it :) I'm pleased~ However I would like to see any of you commenting the funny ways to enlighten me so I can write it immediately :)

I'm willing to tell you who Jiyeon is coupled with...it can be Myungsoo or L.Joe. They are perfect with each other, however it is very difficult for me to choose one pairing - Myungyeon or L.Ji. So I decided this fic is going to be...MYUNGYEON, but there are some moments with L.Joe. I'm not going to spoil my story again LOL!

Next teaser by using quotes only:

"Hello. It is nice to meet you."

"Let's bring it on for our debut. Gather everyone. One! Two! Three! HWAITING!"

"I'm so tired."

"Suzy~ I was thinking if we can go back to school together tomorrow."

"Are you kidding me?"

"She's hot!"

❧ 18 January 2012