Now or never

Drabble dump

Pairing: YunJae
Universe: Alternative – High School
Genre: Romance
Length: 331 words
Rating: PG
Warning: fluff

A/N: This was inspired by a scene in Katy Perry's Firework MV and originally posted on LJ in June 2011.

Summary: Sometimes you just need some courage.

*****

Loud blasting music. Figures moving to the beat.

You wonder why you accepted the invitation to this party, no one there you're actually really friends with. Your friends couldn't tag along, or maybe they just didn't want to. All alone you stand in your corner, wearing a simple black shirt with a v-neck and dark-blue jeans. You hair is short in the back, your new hairstyle still tickling the nape of your neck.

Your brown eyes shift over the dancing crowd, students all around your age and part of your class. You practically don't know them. You're an outsider, but you don't mind. You don't need girls clinging onto you nor boys chattering to you about their chicks. You love to be alone. You aren't interested in girls, and neither into the boys that wanted girls.

You just want to have him, all to yourself. You ever wanted since the first day you saw him after moving. He is perfect. You just don't know what he thinks of being together with other guys. Not as buddies, but in this special romantic way.

Your eyes lit up when you notice him, standing across from you and talking to a girl. Your eyes linger on his bow-shaped lips, in every syllable formed without understanding them.

You take a deep breath.

Now or never.

With confident steps you walk through the dancing crowd, eyes never leaving the taller boy's frame. A smile graces his lips. So handsome.

Your eyes lock with his when he turns towards you, lips slightly parted when they stopped to move. Without a second thought you lean forward, tiptoeing just a little bit.

Your lips touch his, softly and tenderly. Your eyes close, not noticing that his do as well. No one of you cares that others might be staring.

A subtle redness paints your cheeks when you part, a soft smile playing on your lips. When you open your eyes, you see the same smile gracing his pair.