Yellowed

Drabble dump

Pairing: YunJae
Universe: Alternative
Genre: Romance
Length: 342 words
Rating: PG
Warning: angst, fluff

A/N: Originally posted in October 2009.

Summary: He was in love with his idol.

*****

There was this one special person living inside of his heart; one special person whose words could always make him smile and whose picture brought a sparkle to his eyes. It had happened when he had been mere 16 years old; an old ty book containing the most wonderful words he had ever read being at fault.

He was a poet, and in his eyes an artist with his words. A flowery way of speaking, old phrases no one would use nowadays but he didn't care. They were reaching his heart and the meaning was clear to him despite the very old way of writing and the old usage of words. He was enchanted by them.

It led him, more than seven years later, to be a history student as well as a student of literature. His favourite century was the 16th; the century of his idol and the one who had taken his heart.

Wasn't it pathetic? He loved a man who had been walking this world over 500 years ago. But he couldn't help it; the portrait he once saw of his favourite poet was at fault. He was enchanted once his dark-brown eyes had landed on the yellowed page of a book about a lord that had been known to be a passionate poet.

The man in the portrait looked handsome, brown hair framing his face and he could spot a little mole atop his lips. It were his eyes though that had caught him in their spell. A warm chocolate-brown that shone brightly despite the page being old and brownish-yellow. His fingers always traced the features of the man, his eyes lingering on the face that looked so full of passion yet loneliness. He always wondered what kind of life he had lived in those old times.

It sometimes made him sad to look into his eyes, to read the wonderful remains of his life.

Because Jung YunHo had been a lord of the 16th century and wasn't able to be grasped with one Kim JaeJoong's yearning fingers.