4/20

I Hate You to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Confused, Baekhyun allowed Jongin to drop her off since Jongdae will be late practicing for her preparations. She really feels apologetic towards Jongdae, Baekhyun’s been trying to call her but she isn’t picking up, maybe her bestfriend’s busy preparing for tomorrow. Baekhyun let it go. The drive home is silent, Baekhyun is worried that the news might reach Chanyeol. Baekhyun closes her eyes, fearful that the incident might be used against her by her enemy and will reach her parent’s. They were oblivious at the fact that their kid, their only daughter is indeed a bullying victim by none other than the great kid that they all love, Park Chanyeol.

“Don’t worry Byun, I won’t tell him.” Jongin finally said, breaking the awkward silence between them.

Baekhyun shifted her head to watch the guy. Jongin seems sincere and it’s not wrong to trust him even just this time.

“Thanks.” She smiles at him.

The girl thanked the guy before she get off his car. After a few short conversation, Baekhyun felt really comfortable with the guy. He’s sweet and gentle, can get a little sly sometimes, he’s the same as the guy she despises the most. She felt his thoughtfulness when she reminded him about the camping tomorrow, shoot. They’ll be gathering at the school grounds at 8 o’clock in the morning yet she hasn’t packed a single thing for their two nights camping trip. Clueless about the details she runs to her room to start packing the necessities.

Clothes: check, toiletries: check, winter jackets: check. Snacks: check. The girl is standing in front of her huge mirror, thinking hard what else should she bring, should she pack her own tent? Her own blankets and pillows? Should she bring some eating utensils? Baekhyun closed her eyes in frustration. While getting lost in her own thoughts, slowly, Baekhyun opens her eyes and screamed when her eyes met Chanyeol, deviously grinning behind her. Intuitively she turned around and began punching the guy.

Chanyeol laughed while he dodges her continuous punches, trying to catch the girl’s arm. When he finally got the chance to grab them, he pulls her closer to embrace the girl. Baekhyun is taken aback, her nerves were still in shock and under Chaneyol’s strong safe arms Baekhyun continues squirming. The tall guy didn’t let go of her until she calms down, but the poor girl is just too scared.

“Hey hey hey Princess, I’m sorry okay this is just me. Yeol.” He said to calm her down.

After a few seconds of soothing the horrified girl, Yeol gently raises a hand to gently her long silky hair. Baekhyun’s heart is slowly easing, the comfort Chanyeol is giving her. Once again, this is new and it is worrying her.. again. When she finally calmed down her heart, breathing returned to normal, something inside her wanted to stay under his arms and so she did. Baekhyun neither complain nor push Chanyeol away, she devoured it. Maybe the traumatic day has traumatized her too much that she wanted some kind of calming warmth and she found it under Chanyeol’s arms. His embrace, it is comforting and she loves the warm feeling of it.

“Why did you scare me? I hate you!” She whined after breaking the hug. The tall man chuckled.

“I did not scare you it’s you who didn’t felt my arrival.” He said. Chanyeol’s eyes landed on her bed, there, he realizes everything that is troubling her. Chanyeol blushes a little and Baekhyun followed his sight, after she realizes the cause of it and rush to hide a set of underwear on top of her bed. “Do you need-” He continues to ease the awkwardness and stopped as his eyes travel all over her body. “What is that? Where did you get that?” Chanyeol’s voice is a mixture of worry and anger, Baekhyun have no idea how to react.

Baekhyun bit her lips, the frustrations of the packing momentarily take over her and failed to remember the bruises she earned. She’s wearing a short denim shorts and a black shirt hoodie, exposing a little of her pearl colored skin.

“Baek?” He pleaded, sending the girl a questioning look.

“It’s just- uh, ah-“ Baekhyun doesn’t know where to start, he looks up at the frustrated guy anticipating for explanations. “The kids.” She said. Chanyeol’s eyes lit up with rage and that when it gets him. He is partly at fault, if only he didn’t bully her from the beginning then maybe this didn’t happened.

Chanyeol’s face is painted with devastation, weakly he sits at the edge of her bed, burying his face under his palms, constantly letting out a series of angry sigh. He’s angry, yes to the kids but especially to himself. Baekhyun worriedly sits beside him, rubbing his shoulder.

“Baek, I’m sorry, this is my fault if only I didn’t –“ The girl, slides her hand to reach his. She know how devastated he is, blaming himself. Baekhyun hated him for everything but she hated to see her cheerful Chanyeol heart broken. “This is my fault I did that to you, I can’t for-.” Chanyeol became hysterical, he can’t bear looking at her, he feels guilty.

“Why is my Prince Charming acting like a scaredy cat?” Baekhyun gently said, as he rested her head on his shoulder. Chanyeol froze, this is not what he’s expecting from her. “Stop that. It’s unlikely you.” She said again.

“You’re supposed to be mad and I’m supposed to be begging on my knees!” He joked, poking the girl’s head.

 “But I need your help for packing my stuffs.” She pouted, finger pointing at the messy stuff scattering around the floor.

“I won’t bully you anymore, I promise!” Chanyeol promised her, Baekhyun laughingly stands up closing the door which Chanyeol left opened.

Chanyeol smilingly watches Baekhyun with heart’s at peace. The beautiful light he’s been shielding has finally found its way to shine more beautifully unto his heart, his life.

The messy room slowly turned cleaner as Chanyeol finish packi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter