14/20

I Hate You to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years has passed, Baekhyun is finally on her final year in college, two more days and goodbye student life. The city has been welcoming for her, like she and the city is one. She had a lot of fun experiences, met a lot of good friends and the food is amazing. Being an alien in a foreign land, she struggled for a few months learning the language, cultures and everything, luckily she's fluent with English language and it make it easier for her to communicate.

Baekhyun is taking up a Business Management course, not her first choice but she got to like it as times goes by. Busying herself with all the school works and her part time job, Baekhyun would only go home to sleep and eat, she barely stay at home during weekends because she volunteered in animal shelter and to an home for the aged. That is how she spend most of her time.

For five years, she had never seen her family or her friends, but she still talk to Luhan and Jongdae from time to time, but no one ever mention about his ex cause she never once talks about him. Baekhyun even tried to avoid her parents, she doesn't hate them but she kind of blames them for her somehow miserable life. Yes, miserable, it's been five years that she has never felt happiness, she deprived it to herself because she know, once you were happy in a blink of an eye that feeling will be gone into thin air, once there's happiness, the sadness' doubles.

The girl also decided not to come home for all those years, she's better alone, at least she won’t have to worried about someone else that she find inconvenient and a burden. And mainly because she felt like she has no one to return to. Germany is a beautiful country, she has been going places, touring the whole country to help her adjust living. After she graduate, she intend to look for a job and settle down in the same country. She's been living well until one day.

=============

Baekhyun is fidgeting at her seat, she really hates flying to distant countries because of the uncomfortable flight hours, she wanted to sleep but her is on fire already. Sighing she took her wallet and stare into her grandfather's picture. She misses him the most, her superhero. Without noticing the hardly recognizable tears pouring down her cheeks, she can't remember the last time she cried and tears has been foreign to her. Being emotional right that moment, she turn beside her when the person seated next to her hands her a clean handkerchief.

It's a guy, a handsome flawless young man with monolid and a pretty smile, he looks kind and a gentleman he's a Korean guy as well, maybe a year older than her though. He's smiling as she hand her a handkerchief, lost for a minute, Baekhyun finally took the handkerchief and wipe her tears.

"So your grandfather?" He asks, pointing and still staring at the picture she's holding.

"Yep." She sadly turns to look at his picture again.

"How did you lose him?" The guy asks.

"Old age, he's a healthy man." She smiled.

"My sincere condolences.." Apologetically he slightly bowed his head. "By the way I'm Kim Minseok." He reaches a hand which Baekhyun shakes without a doubt.

"Byun Baekhyun,"

The two strangers were happily conversing, Minseok is a thoughtful and a smart guy, he's sometimes run out of word yet he's a funny guy. Confused, Baekhyun is wondering how she can talk to this guy comfortably when she totally locked her heart from any guy who wanted to befriend her. For Baekhyun, guys were just hormonal sick bastards who would never love a woman in their life. No guy ever approaches a girl with pure innocent intention. But this guy, she's confused whether she talks to him in boredom or seriously because he's easy to talk with.

Unlike any other guy, Minseok isn't a push it guy, he doesn't brag and is a good listener, his voice is soft and gentle like Junmyeon.. Oh Junmyeon, she remembered how this guy reminds her of him but hopefully their attitudes is opposite, it would be a waste if the guy she's talking with is a boy and an . With Minseok's company, Baekhyun's supposedly uninteresting flight somehow became exciting.

Parting ways as the two strangers get out off the airport gates, they exchanged numbers and Baekhyun willingly gave him her number. Minseok hopped into his friend's car first, offering Baekhyun a lift but apologetically rejected him since her parents were supposed to pick her up.

=============

After a long wait, a car honks at Baekhyun who is currently sipping a coffee as she waits, her face lights up to find her cousin Kris, a tall and a handsome Chinese man with the same age, getting off from the driver seat to approach her. Sharing a small hug, Baekhyun cried in agony on her cousin's arms. Patting her back, Kris opens the front seat door and she gets on while Kris took her luggage to the compartment.

Baekhyun can't stop crying inside the car, Kris worriedly let her, Baekhyun is their grandfather's favorite grandkid, he always deny but everyone can see it as the truth. Who can blame the old deceased man, Baekhyun always sings for him, Baekhyun cuddle with him, the girl is a sweet yet strict grandkid to him. Her heart aches, her favorite grandpa has left her, leaving without even saying goodbye she's regretful. Every weekend she takes care of other older people but she can't even manage to call his grandfather, she feels terrible, she feels sorry towards him.

Kris is asked to take her home first so she can rest but Baekhyun insisted to head directly to her grandfather, Kris comply to put her in ease. Baekhyun felt heavy, like her own feet were hesitant to continue walking as they enter the funeral house, she hold her tears, she wanted to be strong in front of her grandfather, the old man hates seeing her cry. Kris look to check on his cousin when he felt her unconsciously grabbing his clothes, he walks slowly and wrap an arm around her shoulder for support, Baekhyun forced a fake smile to him, eyes were sore from excessive crying back in the car.

Swallowing her saliva, Baekhyun halted when they arrived outside of the hall where her grandfather is. Few strangers who unrecognized her glared at her to gossip. Everyone's eyes were glued at the brown bobbed hair tiny girl as she forcefully taking steps into her grandfather. Her heart is aching all over again, her visions starts to get blurry, sounds starts to get indistinct, she feels like passing out and so she tried to calm herself and breathe heavily until she finally reaches unto him.

Forcing a fake smile for his grandfather, Baekhyun tracing his face into the glass, her gramps is peacefully sleeping. He looks like smiling a little inside, he might have died in a peaceful serene way, Baekhyun is satisfied with that at least he didn't experienced the painful way. Mentally talking to the old man, apologizing repeatedly. Baekhyun is startled when her grandmother suddenly cried, hugging her.

"It's okay grandma it's okay." She calm her down, taking her to an empty seat near her parents. The old woman continues to cry.

"Why did you come so late sweety, your grandfather has been looking all over for you." Baekhyun hug her even tighter and close her eyes, preventing her eyes to shed a single tear.

"I’m sorry grandma, I am sorry."

"Don't be sweety, don't be."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter