20/20

I Hate You to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Baekhyun hasn't opened her eyes yet. Chanyeol's been waiting for her outside the ICU since the other night. Baekhyun's mother has forbid him to enter or to go closer to her daughter. Everyone else left except Jongdae, she knows her job isn't done yet and she wants to talk with Baekhyun's mother.

Chanyeol's parent arrived, they found their son patiently waiting outside the ICU, looking exhausted without sleep and rest. Thankfully Jongdae is there to at least feed him. Chanyeol's mom run to hug her son as her husband went inside to check on the girl. It is the first time that he got worried with him, that he talked to him and she even mentioned his name. The pitiful guy hugs his mother and cried, thankful that she finally acknowledges his presence. Jongdae moved back to give them space.

Quietly she looked for Baekhyun's mother that isn't around, after some time, she found her inside the prayer room, sitting as she prays. Slowly she takes a seat beside her. The pitiful woman looks at her for a while.

"Is your friend still outside? Can you tell him to go away? He bullied your bestfriend yet you tolerate their disgusting relationship." Angrily she hisses to the innocent girl.

"He is still outside and he won't leave until Baekhyun's fine. And I'm sorry aunt but their relationship is far in disgust, it is actually beautiful." She attacked her, the woman's eyes grow bigger in disbelief.

The woman can't stand looking at the disrespectful girl that hang outs with her daughter, quickly she stands up and walk away. Before she can take another step closer, Jongdae speak again.

"Aunt, I want to tell you something." The older woman stopped to listen. "Do you know why we are at Chanyeol's apartment? It's because Baekhyun wanted to make Chanyeol happy as well, he's been doing everything for her, throwing countless surprise events and romantic dinners for her, Baek felt she's lacking and wanted to surprise him for his birthday. She chooses the apartment because Baek knows she can't use neither of your houses since she's worried that you might only ruin it." Jongdae smirked, she doesn't care anymore. "It is not Chanyeol's fault she got stabbed, it is your fault that-"

"You disrespectful kid!" The woman hisses when she take steps back to see Jongdae's face.

"It is your fault that Baek ended like this, if only you weren't stubborn and if only you're a little accepting then maybe, it didn't happen." Fearless she continues.

"Did your mother teach you this?"

"Yes, she taught me how to fight for something right and I am doing this, not for Chanyeol but for Baek. For five years she's away do you know she's been suffering? She has to see a psychologist for her depression and it's all because of you and I had enough of it. If you still wanted to be a good mother then this is the right time. Baekhyun will prefer to die without Chanyeol, I want you to be aware of that." Jongdae laughed mentally as she watches the older woman's eyes. "Until when will you let her suffer?" She continues.

Jongdae might get a little disrespectful but she had to do it as long as she can help Baekhyun's mother to realize she's at fault. What kind of mother would hinder her child's happiness? Silently, Jongdae left the dumbfounded older woman alone, hoping her messy speech would somehow help her think straight.

============

Baekhyun’s mother is crying when she gets back to the ICU. Pondering Jongdae’s words, holding her daughter’s hand she cries, begging for forgiveness for her mistakes, for being deaf for her daughter’s plea and ignorant at Chanyeol’s effort. As she’s crying her heart’s out, her bestfriend came inside the ICU, Baek’s mother stands up to hug Chanyeol’s mother to cry. For the first time in five years, they finally interact.

Their careless decision to separate the kids didn’t exactly separate the kid’s hearts and feelings but blindly they were the real victim of this stupid decision. Hugging, they ask forgiveness for their own mistakes and foolish actions. As they were in the middle of their absolution, Chanyeol’s mother pushes her bestfriend slowly, jaw drop, she saw Baekhyun moving, weakly trying to open her eyes.

Quickly her mother comes to her as Chanyeol’s mother calls the doctor. Thankfully Baekhyun is awake even just for a while. The doctor is glad to inform that she can be discharge from the ICU and get a private room for further observations and for her to heal her wound. The stab wounds were quite deep and needed time to heal.

Chanyeol, who went home for a while to shower and change into clean clothes got extremely nervous and began sweating cold when he saw Baekhyun is nowhere to be found at the ICU. Panicky, he asks the nurse and sighs in relief when he heard Baekhyun’s condition. Running, Chanyeol went to look for the room, panting as he reaches the room, hesitant if he can enter or not. Breathing heavily, without thinking about the consequences, the longing to see his girl is strong. Chanyeol rushed inside, Baekhyun is still unconscious as his mother is watching over her.

“Mom why are you here?” asked Chanyeol to his mother.

“Can’t I visit my bestfriend’s daughter and my son’s girlfriend?”

“Mom? Do you approve our relationship now?” Chanyeol asks as he runs toward her. She smiled in response.

“Son, I need to call the office. I’ll leave you for a while okay?” After patting her son’s back the woman left the two alone, she knows how Chanyeol badly wanted to be with her.

Quickly, Chanyeol sit on the chair taking a grip to his girlfriend’s cold weak hand, watching her as she peacefully sleep. Waiting for her to wake up, Chanyeol starts to sing for her, the one she love hearing the most, the only song he’s always singing during his surprises for her. In the middle of his soulful singing, Chanyeol stopped when he felt her squeezing his hand.

“Hi!” Chanyeol greeted her with voice full of tenderness and with a sweet smile when he met her weak gazes.

“Hi..” Baekhyun weakly replies with a smile, Chanyeol starts caressing her forehead, tucking her hair behind her ears. “Princess, how are you feeling?”

“I’m sorry my surprise failed.” She apologetically said.

“You’re the biggest surprise life has given me Baekhyun.” Baekhyun smiled. “Now, I want you to get better as soon as you can okay? It hurts me to see you lying here. I want to take you somewhere.”

In the middle of their conversation, Baekhyun’s mom suddenly came, Chanyeol tighten his grip on her hand and stands up, ready to fight her if she’d throw him out.

“Baek, sweety.. are you okay? How are you feeling? Do you need something?” Chanyeol is confused, why isn’t she pushing him out of the room? Chanyeol can only guess. “Yeol, did she just wake up?” She asked Chanyeol when Baekhyun didn’t reply.

“About 15 minutes ago, mom went out for a while.. Aunt.. I’m sorry but I can’t leave Baekhyun alone anymore..”

“I know. I finally understood how I become the strong wall between your relationship.. I’m sorry for that.” Baekhyun’s mother started to cry, she knows how much of a she is trying to separate their kids and she just w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter