2/20

I Hate You to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing a familiar devilish grin welcoming her as Baekhyun enters their house that’s when it hit her. The reality of her complicated life. But she won’t let this devil crush the happiness that's drowning her heart. She'd fight back if necessary.

"Hi Princess!" The curly guy greeted her with all smiles, looking well mannered. Baekhyun let out a fake small smile to him and internally cursing the disgusting endearment.

Baekhyun runs toward the kitchen when she saw her grandparent's happily conversing with her mom. It's been seven months since they haven't seen each other. Her grandparent's decided to settle down at Busan since they love the fresh air there. And her parent’s being busy with their jobs they rarely have time to visit the elders.

Cuddling with her favorite grandfather at the couch as the old man watches night news, Baekhyun’s happily sharing with him things that happened to her to keep the old man updated with her life. Baekhyun has never share things to her parent's since the simple joke always turns to lecture. Giggling when her grandfather asked her not to have a boyfriend yet, she somehow feels bad because she can't tell him about Junmyeon… yet. Her giggles died down when Baekhyun saw Chanyeol snorting with a bowl of fruits walking towards them.

Chanyeol sat beside her grandfather and feed him the fruits. Baekhyun hated Chanyeol whenever he's acting nice to everyone. She can't understand him, Chanyeol is actually a natural kind, gentle and sweet guy but never to her, is she ugly to his eye that’s why he despises her? Lost in her deep thought, Baekhyun snaps out when she heard her grandfather asking Chanyeol to sneak him a few cans of beers.

"No Park Chanyeol, I'm telling you!" Baekhyun warned him when the guy stands up. Chanyeol gave her a sneaky grin before continuing his pace, there’s no stopping him. Baekhyun quickly stands up to run after the devil, when suddenly she slips as she accidentally steps into the carpet.

Baekhyun's expecting a loud sound as she fall to the floor but miraculously she did not, confuse, slowly, she opens her eyes. And Oh My God, the enemy saved her, holding her tight on her waist as she holds tightly on his shoulder for safety. Chanyeol's face is too close to hers, giving her unfamiliar stares, it's too deep that she can feel his stare into the depths of her soul. The guy has been leaning unto her this close whenever he bullies her at school but once he never stare at her like this. It is weird.

"Be careful Princess. You don't want me take care of you if you get injured right?" He teases before letting go of the flustered girl.

Thankfully, the accident was only witnessed by her grandfather who didn't gave any reaction. After hanging out for a while, the family started their dinner, Chanyeol’s joining them since his parent's were out of town and got no one to eat with.

 

=============

When the dinner is over, the old couple excused themselves to rest, Busan is a long way and their old weak bodies can't tolerate the distance anymore. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were washing the dishes together, there's a dead silence between them. The girl doesn't have anything to say so what's the point. The girl let out an angry growl when Chanyeol began fooling around, sprinkling waters to her face. Just what she has said to herself, she'd fight back if the enemy does something to her and in return she slightly slaps Chanyeol with her bubbly hand. Chanyeol is all smiles as he keeps on sprinkling waters to her.

It is a weird sickening sight, Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s playing, laughing together like children, like they always do when they were still innocent little kids. It is Chanyeol who waved the flag and surrendered, admitting his defeat when soap stings his eyes. Baekhyun panicked and pull him inside the bathroom. The curly guy's face is tomato red, telling he's in pain.

He quickly soaks his face on the tub to clean his eyes. When the pain is subsiding, Chanyeol stands up as the sorry Baekhyun worriedly drying the boys’s face with a towel. She wanted to apologize but no, somehow, the guy deserves this.

"I'm sorry.." Chanyeol said, Baekhyun slower her movements, watching the closed eyed guy. "For what Jongin did yesterday, the guy's an ."

Baekhyun isn't expecting much, he is apologizing in behalf of his friend, yet he hasn't pondered about his personal wrong doings.

"It's okay, I'm used to it." She said, her face turned blank.

The two walked out of the bathroom with tension, Chanyeol volunteered to finish washing the dishes yet Baekhyun disagrees. After the little accident, they managed to finish washing without further accidents, without further talking. Chanyeol stayed to talk with her father while she head to her room, saying she have homework to finish.

=============

Her eyes widen to find unread messages from her boyfriend. Smiling as she cringe reading them. Baekhyun quickly replied to Junmyeon. They were texting until dawn, since its Sunday tomorrow, Junmyeon is free to stay up late. He's inviting his girlfriend out for a date but the timing's off, her grandparents were there and she wanted to spend her precious time with the elders. The in love girl didn't even noticed the time until she heard movements outside her room. She said goodnight and went to sleep satisfied.

She hasn't sleep that long when her grandmother invaded her room to wake the sleeping little flower. When Baekhyun's bed sinks in, she turned around and found her grandmother beside her. Missing the old woman terribly, Baekhyun snakes her arms on her warm body. It's very comforting warmth, she felt her eyes getting drowsy again as the old woman began her hair to sleep, after a few gentle and lullaby her sleep’s finally consuming her consciousness again. It is nice, sleeping like that, with her grandmother her hair, singing her lullaby under her arms, Baekhyun feels like in heaven.

Loud singing wakes Baekhyun up. Yawning she gently gets up to check whatever’s happenin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter