CHAPTER VII: OF MOVING ON (PART II)

Unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world of is a scary place to live but it is also the only place that can give us the happiness we wanted to have.

 

They say that secrets are weaknesses but the truth is that it actually show our own emotion. The secrets we carry make us strong and it helps us realize our mistakes.

 

Secrets will either break or save us from the prying mouth of our detractors but to be able to show that our secrets made us stronger is a statement. Life is full of surprises just like how our secrets can give us peace in times we felt loss.

 

Hell will break lose. It was what is being drawn in the mind of Umji’s CEO as he stares at the invitation in his hand. The invitation will inevitably be the reason a lot of people will suspect something is wrong between the two unlikely pair. He doesn’t want to do it but a phone call a while ago became the reason he change his mind.

 

It’s the only way they can meddle with the two. A lot of people think that its only business but when their kids are put in a situation that hurts them they can feel the pain. They’re not just a bunch of evil businessmen who are willing to destroy their kids for their own.

 

He has to do it. He has to save them no matter what risks are going to kill his company. He knows that Umji is not just the artist in his company. There are a lot. Artist and trainees are waiting for him to give his best so that they will be able to taste the life of being able to live the passion they were dreaming.

 

Spring is fast approaching. The cold days are over as he thinks. It’s been four years already. Four years of living in the world of deception. He is really thankful that for four years no one notice the days Umji pays her respect to Vernon’s grandfather or Vernon visiting Umji’s grandpa at the hospital.

 

Four years had passed. Four years of Vernon and Umji’s life being married. He can basically see that the two are wearing their wedding ring and no one ever notice it. The design of the ring is basically different so it is noticeable but he knows the reason.

 

No one will notice the girl that was called ugly even after losing baby fats and such. A lot of people think she did surgery but he knows in his heart how Umji desperately disciplined herself.

 

He deeply breathes as he saw the leaves slowly fall in the ground. It is a tough decision but they have to do it for the kids.

 

It’s going to be a hell of a battle but it will take all risk. He knows that it will basically break everyone’s heart and soul but it is worth to take a fight.

 

*******

 

Vernon keeps on fidgeting as he tries to calm his nerves. They’re performing their last concert but something is bothering him. He can’t really find the reason why. They were doing a lot of world tours for so long that the nervousness he feels when he’s on stage is not like how he feels right now. He feels edgy and he’s on the verge of losing control of his emotions.

 

He knows that something is up. A disaster is bound to happen. Something dark is looming in the back of his mind but he needs to end everything tonight. It is hard for him to decide whether to forgo his plan or not. It is his own decision that will break or make the relationship he has with all the people around him including his parents but he desperately needs to do it.

 

For all of their sake.

 

But to think of it.

 

It was all for the sake of his broken ego.

 

The light went out then the music of Seventeen blasts through the speakers around Seoul stadium and the fans sang with them all through their set list. No one knew what was on Vernon’s mind. No one can see the indecisive eyes he wears all through the night.

 

After the lights were off and the fans shout their goodbyes the boys of SVT were inside their hotel room celebrating a successful night and world tours. They are all tired but satisfied with everything. They had given everything and regret is not part of that night of celebration.

 

Vernon gave himself an ultimatum it’s now or never.

 

He made a promise to his grandfather and he decided that today is the perfect day for him to fulfill his promise. He told himself that he needs to talk to her. Vernon sighed and he did not realize that every one literally everyone inside that room is eyeing him. All of his friends were eyeing each other but they shut their mouth afraid that Vernon is in a bad mood.

 

Vernon thought that he is talking to himself when he realizes that the room is silent as . He looks around all eyes are on him even the CEO who just came to congratulate SVT for their successful world tour.

 

‘Vernon, do you really want to do this? You don’t have to force yourself if you don’t want to? You’re still deciding and your grandpa hates anyone who breaks their promises.’ The CEO asks Vernon because they heard what Vernon thinks.

 

‘I want to do it but I still have little doubts that it will go wrong.’

 

‘Vernon, listen to me. There is no harm in trying. If everything went smoothly then its good but if it’s not there is always plan b to z. If you really want to do this then you need to face your fear. You don’t need to think of what will happen. You have to think of what might happen. You’ve been through a lot and we don’t really have an idea how broken you are but if this will set little of that baggage you carry in your heart then do it. Be strong Vernon, will be here to support you no matter what will happen.’ The CEO said as he gives Vernon his phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter