CHAPTER XI: SCARS AND BRANDS (Part 1)

Unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vernon was reading the news when Umji went out of the bathroom ready to go home. The doctor had already removed all the bandages from her wrist that Umji covers it with a scarf. The wounds had already healed but the scar was so profound Umji tries so hard to hide it from plain sight.


Vernon can feel Umji's discomfiture about the scars that he put down his phone and touch the outline of the scar.


'I don't want anyone to see it I'm afraid that people would attack me again. I don't want those words in my head again because the next time I think it would be late. I don't want my life in waste but it was so hurtful that I can't fight myself aga---'


'Shhhhh. Don't cover it. Show it to the world. It is a statement of your strength. They might have won when you use that glass to cut yourself but you are a survivor. I know that it was hard and painful but I will hold your hand as we walk the lines of life. I know that showing your scars might be frightful but I would never let go of you. You can also remove the scars if you want but this is a part of you. I want you to be reminded that you're a survivor. Your scars are the things that made you strong. You will never be alone again. I will always be by your side.'


They both look at each other's eyes as Vernon removes the scarf that is covering Umji's scars when everything went blank and Vernon kiss her wrist. 


He didn't stop because the warmth of Vernon's lips made Umji shiver from the emotions swirling inside of her. She doesn't want that warmth to leave her so Umji made a step towards Vernon and enclose her body into his warmth.


They were both scarred in this life the only difference was that her scars are there for everyone to see while his were tattoed on in his heart. They both stayed in each other's warmth when she heard Vernon talk. 


'We all have our scars we want to hide but sometimes showing our scars mean we survive the enemies that trample us down. We are human and we are all bound to make mistakes. I have my scars in here but I showed them all to you because I was comfortable enough with your warmth. I hope that you will not shy away from your scars. They're a part of you now.'  

'I know.' Umji answered back as she closes her eyes to be able to memorize the unclenching emotions she feels.


A cough ricocheted inside the four walls of Umji's VIP room when their parents open the door and have seen the most beautiful scene they were waiting to see for them to be able to heal from the pain of knowing the reality that they could've had lose Umi in a blink of an eye.


'Hansol-ah, I heard from your Kim Grandpa that you call him last night. We also told your company that you will leave for a month. We also relayed to Yewon's manager and they all agree that you both need alone time. It was a good time to heal both of you suffering.' Daddy Choi told them as they all hug each other and help them both to pack their belongings inside Vernon's car.


Vernon told Kim Grandpa that he would take Umji into the cabin that became their retreat when things went out of their way.


It was a place that gives them time to think away from the hustle and bustle of Seoul.


********


Back in Seoul Umji's ordeal hasn't yet died down. There are still some netizen's that attack her and her company. The girls of G-friend decided to forego some of their plans as a respect for Umji but they told the management that it was a way for them to clear their heads.


As for SVT they still continue their schedules but they showed to the public how angry they are in every show that they went. They always talk about how words are enough to kill a person. It was enough to rip a child from their parents.


Some TV stations were also questioning the psyches of people that post words that were so cold and disgusting. They also opened shows that tackle mental health that it opens a lot of discussion from fans and artist alike.


Some big names in the industry went out on the show to talk about the bullying they had encountered in the past. They also urge the government to protect them despite of all the negative things that people would throw at the government.


'We are also human. We are just like you but somehow we were not protected enough because they think that it was what we want to live. Yes, we sign this because it was our passion to live our dreams but why are we being bullied because people thought that it is okay for us to be called disgusting words that it hurts us. We were just like you that we try hard enough to find ourselves in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter