CHAPTER XV: The BUTTERFLY in the Night Sky PART I

Unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*******Before you start reading just a little heads up. The writing style will be different because the set-up of this part of the story is a TV show kind of writing. I hope that you will be able to finish this story with me. I will not tell you how many chapters are left but I will do my best to post when I have time.

 

We all think that LIFE is a picture of perfection and something wonderful that can never be manipulated. It is a gift never be taken but rather be given.

 

They say that LIFE is a highway where you drives into it or just stop and go back. LIFE is a highway that is prone to accidents and obstacles. Sometimes LIFE is the driver and we are the passengers. Sometimes we stop. Sometimes we carry on. Sometimes we just go with the flow.  

 

Sometimes LIFE is like the tunnel it’s dark and fearful but at the end of that darkness we see the light.

 

Other people think that LIFE gives them more than what they’ve imagined but in the eyes of a person robbed of happiness LIFE is a waste with nothing but pain.

 

A lot of people would see LIFE differently. We do have our own interpretation of LIFE.

 

Some of us say that LIFE is like the WORLD. It is a big circle without any sides to turn into. It has no side to show our fears and frustration, our laugh and smiles, and our revenge and hate. It doesn’t even have a side that shows something magical. Thus, LIFE is like the WORLD that is seen in a straight narrow way with no sides. It’s only a circle that goes around and be back at point 1 but at the end of the day this circular motions gives us lesson.

 

The December light resonates in the chilly night. The first snow fell as the moon reflects the lights fluttering on the road. Umji hide her smile as the photographer snaps a photo of her as she went out of her company's door.

 

The security is tight and focus but you can't really blame the photographer's who wants to sneak a picture of Umji. Her decision three months ago came out as a surprise but a lot of people were there to support and cheer for her.

 

When Vernon's CEO asks them to take part of a show they both agreed to do it. Not because it will help them gain back the people's trust but because Lee Hyori is known as a woman of strength and value. They don’t want to be part of any shows but going to Jeju Island would help them evaluate their relationship as husband and wife. It was Hyori's decision to take them in because she saw how hard it is for the two to handle the negativity that surrounds them.

 

After G-friend finish their promotions for their newest album Umji decided to take the show. Now, they are en route to Jeju while both of their companies are doing their best to protect them.

 

When the whole of Korea learned their decision to take part on the show Hyori's bed and breakfast most of the idol community supported them. They receive warm appreciations and encouragements. It was a little awkward for them because they will be showing their married life in public but a lot of netizen's were warming to the idea that Vernon and Umji are going to show their life as a couple.

 

It is not about going out and showing their married life but they want to explore their capacity as two different people learning to compromise with each other’s personality and characteristics. They want to be away from the scrutiny of city life while building their strength for one another.

 

When the plane went down the staff of “Hyori’s bed and breakfast” were taken aback when Vernon and Umji went to meet them outside the arrival area. They travelled just before midnight so they were in Jeju at exactly 3 am in the morning. The staffs that went to meet them were in awe because they can feel the strong emotion of protection coming from Vernon.

 

The staff took their things and gesture them to the car. The young couple said their thank you’s and went inside the car. Some of the staffs were jealous of how affectionate Vernon is to Umji. Some of them gave the couple ahjussi and ahjumma smiles because it warms their heart.

 

Inside the car, Umji starts to feel a little uncomfortable she tries to fight back the panic attack that starts to build inside the core of her heart. Vernon held her hand and hugs her as he whispers into her ears. It was captured by the camera. The tears that involuntarily came out of Umji’s eyes were like a knife that pierces into Vernon’s heart. He knows that Umji is fighting back her fears so he asked the driver to find an open area that he can soothe Umji down.

 

‘Yewon-ah, it’s me your husband. Yewon-ah there’s only two of us here. No one is around. Can you feel the cold wind? Can you feel me here beside you? Calm yourself, buin-ah. Listen to the night sky. The stars in the night sky are smiling at you. I am here no one will hurt you. I will always be here with you.’ Vernon whispers as the other staff came to check on them.

 

The driver told them about what he saw and the staffs are apologetic that they call Hyori to tell her what happened. On the other side, Hyori learned of what happened that she wakes up her husband and told them that they should meet the young couple even though it’s only 3 am.

 

When they reach the place where the driver park the car that will take Umji and Vernon to their guest house Hyori worriedly went down the car. She knocks on the door as she soothingly introduced herself as to not startle the panicky Umji.

 

Vernon told her that they can enter the car and Hyori’s heart ache as she saw the tears in Umji’s eyes. She went inside the car and hug Umji giving the other girl the warmth that she needed. After two hours of panicking Umji calmed down said her sorry to Hyori but they all laugh it all. Even Hyori’s husband Sangsoon went inside the car and held Umji’s hand.

 

It was early morning when they reach Hyori and Sangsoon’s house. The four of them prepare teas together and went to sit down at the front porch overlooking the early sky and ocean.

 

‘Umji-shi, I know that this is a personal question and we just met today but is it okay if I asks you this personal question?’ Hyori asks as she brings down the cup she is holding in the table.

 

Umji nods her head as her heart calms with the serenity of the morning sun coming out to meet them. She can feel her heart release the fear that burst out while they were on their way a while ago.

 

‘How do you feel as a married person in such a young age?’

 

Vernon and Umji were a little shy with the question but they appreciate Hyori’s tack when she asks questions.

 

‘I have a lot of doubts because to be honest when H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter