Chapter XIV: Silver Lining (Part 2)

Unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Umji and Vernon were still dreadfully reeling the decision that was asks of them. The show might be a good way of opening their story but they both know that it would open more wounds.

They will surely bleed again just as they had been doing months ago. It is hard for them accept the trust and support the people give them. It is dreadfully hard to be strong when they are trying to fix their broken hearts.

They both know that joining the show is a gamble and a risks but if it will help them they would go in the future. The wounds are still fresh so they both know that they are not yet ready to open their hearts for another broken heart.

The memories are still traumatizing Umji. Music was the only outlet for her so that she wouldn't remember that ghastly night. 

Umji took her phone and call her CEO as they reach the gate to Vernon's Company. Their choice is still reeling them but they're still afraid to face a lot of people. 

They wanted to share their story point blank but they were still adjusting to the reality that their lives change the night Umji tried to take her life. 

Umji would still dream of that nightmare but she's really gratefull that Vernon was their to remind her that no one's going to hurt her again. No one's going to take her sunshine away again. 

She relied their decisions to her CEO and he understood it. He also knows that it is still early to shove Umji into the prying eyes of those people who wants to tear her again. 

The investigations were rolling and a lot of netizen's were arrested but the formulator of the account that really wrote hate words for Umji hasn't been arrested. 

'Let' s  go.' Vernon led Umji towards the lift directing them to their practice room when he kiss her again. 

Kissing Umji had been a habit Vernon always did when he had the chance to kiss her and Umji became accustomed to it. It was a way of support for her.

The kisses had become her sanctuary when pressure is starting to build again inside of her. Kissing her became a way for Vernon to stop herself from losing her sanity again. 

When the ping of the lift signalling their stop they held their hands and went out facing the loud boys of SVT who were sprawled to the ground groaning because of exhaustion from playing around. 

When the boys saw Umji they disperse like they were chase into prison coming out again with their clothes hiding their sweaty bodies. 

Umji laugh at their humor as she went to sit at the side because Vernon will be practicing with them. 

It had became their routine. Vernon never let Umji be alone again because of the fear that when he lose sight of her, she would be gone forever.

That realization hit Vernon to the core that the boys of SVT were able to see even though he wants to tell himself that he is incapable of that emotion.

They actually about it when Umji sleeps in his room while she wait for him to finish their practice.

'You' re falling in love with your wife. Vernon it's not a bad thing.' Joshua would always tell him and he just keep quite about it.

Vernon knows that the emotion is alien to him but the things that happened months ago became a silver lining. It help him sort his emotions and realize that he feels something more for Umji.

It was his fears that answer all his questions.

'I know that but Umji is still recovering I don' t want to her again in a roller coaster. I know she's my wife but it still because she's been so broken. She's trying to help herself but I am afraid that it would kill her again if I tell her about what I feel.' He answersed Joshua but in his heart he wanted to tell her because he wants to make her feel the warmth of love.

They were both struggling to open their feelings towards each other because they were afraid that they are not strong enough to keep that emotion from floating.

Umji on the other hand is still trying to fix her heart and her body from the ache of the past. She knows in her heart that she's falling in love but she's not sure she's ready to give up her heart for another fight. Umji knows that it was a fight that she can keep to win but she wants her heart to be whole before she embarks into another battle with Vernon.

'Yewon-ah being afraid is part of love so you need to take that risks but if you let your fears dictates your heart when will you be free from your ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter