CHAPTER X: DAWN OF A NEW DAY

Unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Umji opened her eyes and the sun was brightly smiling into a new day. The sky was so blue and calm that Umji squint her eyes to have a good look at her surroundings when she realize that she's sleeping in a room covered with white linens and silks.


The room was dull but it has a calming effect on her. When she went out of the verandah realization hit her. She is inside the castle. She didn't know when she enters the castle and sleep but something had change about her.


She smiles despite the dark foreboding in the distant when she heard a lullaby she keeps on hearing for the times she open her eyes.


It was melodious and lively. She keeps on looking for the voice but everytime she feels like she's on the right track she goes right back at the room inside the castle.


The castle walls starts to suffocate her when she fights her fears as she pull herself and walk out of the castle. It was a long fight between her heart and Soul.


Her soul wants her to stay but her heart tells her to fight for the people she loves most.


When she opens the door her eyes can see the darken night slowly turns into the beautiful sight of the dawn. The sky was full of life as the stars dances with the wind and the moon brightens the day as the sun turns into the far horizon.


Umji feels so alive despite feeling heavy and her heart skips a beat when she feels the warm breath covering her cheeks.


She looks at the man sharing the small hospital bed with her. Vernon's face was a picture of pain even in his sleep. Umji tries to raise her right hand to touch his face but the sight of the bandages reminded her of her stupidity.


She can vividly remember the night she had toss her clothes everywhere while tears cloud her eyes. Her room keeps on spiraling into her blackened mind as she was lost into the agony of her weakness.


She was swimming in the depth of darkness when the cold glass hit her numb skin. The water keeps on playing with her battered body but she was already gone. Her warmth was being lifted into the horizon of the unknown.


She closes her eyes as the reminder of that night played right into her core. She stops the tears from falling when she felt Vernon stir and as she opens her eyes she can see his smile.


Vernon kisses her forehead as he gently stood from the bed and presses the button on the side of her bed getting the attention of the nurse on duty.


When the nurse enters her smile was full of warmth. The nurse was skeptical at first when Umji was transferred to the VIP ward of the hospital as she thinks that Umji was just asking for some kind of hollow attention.


The nurse was angry at first because she comes to love G-friend and she was disappointed with how Umji treats her friends. She tries to become professional but there was still that anger playing inside her heart because she feels like Umji is a conniving but every misunderstanding she has for Umji was wipe out in a minute when she saw Umji for the first time.


The nurse felt pity and grave fear for the woman fighting for her life. Anger rose again but not for Umji but for all the people who cause her pain. She cursed every individual who post negative words against Umji. It was then that she realized that Vernon was there soothing Umji singing her lullabies and talks to her as if she's there with him.


The nurse checks her vital signs and smiled again at Umji before addressing Vernon.


'She's fine. Her vital signs are great and the cuts on her wrist are slowly healing. I think she would be out of here after another week.'


'Thank you.' Vernon said as he looks at Umji one last time before he went beside her again and urges her to sleep.


Walls full of graffitti, Pink balloons were scattered in the room and tons of papers were pasted on the window was the first things that Umji saw when her eyes open.

She can see the sun brightly reflecting on the papers and tears form at the back of her eyes but she fought well enough for her tears not to fall.

She can feel a faint breath covering her cheeks when she realizes that Vernon is sleeping beside her. A smile slowly emerges from her lips as she raises her right hand and feels Vernon's face.


Stubbles had already covered his face while black splotches were evident on his eyes. She doesn't know how long she had been asleep but from the looks of Vernon it must have been that long.

She slowly touches Vernon's face when he stirred. Vernon opened his eyes and he smiled at her. They look into each other's eyes while controlling their natural reaction not to cry.


It's been three days since the incident happen and Vernon touch Umji mimicking the way she's doing to his face. They were on their world that they did not realize the people crying in that room.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter