CHAPTER II: Of PROMISES, MARRIAGE, HEARTACHE’S

Unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boys of SVT are having fun while writing their new songs that will be a part of their new EP for the year 2017 when they heard Vernon’s phone buzz. The moody rapper being engrossed into writing the rap parts with his unit did not even try to peek at his phone. It was Dino who stood up and give the phone to Vernon.

‘Hyung! You have a call I think it’s from your mom.’ Dino said as he hand the phone to Vernon.

Vernon became silent for a moment when he heard his ringtone playing in the background. He answered the call right away but his face became blank and stone cold.

‘Mom, I’m not going in there. I will not play that old man’s game. Tell him to grow he’s too old to play this kind of pranks. Mom, I’m sorry but I think this will be the end of you calling me. We’re really busy now. I hope you understand.’ Vernon answered back but he stood up and kicks the chair that he was using a while ago.

Vernon stormed out of their practice room as anger filled his whole body and steams of sweat start to build in his forehead. All of his friends can hear him shout obscene words and curses as he close the door when he went out.

The boys are left wondering why Vernon is acting up like that. It is quite unusual because Vernon is known to them as calm and can handle his anger well. With curiosity looming into his head S.coups gather all his friends inside the practice room and tries to asks questions that might give any indication that they knows the reason why Vernon is being unreasonable a while ago.

‘Joshua-yah you know him better than us maybe you know the reason why he is being like that?’ S.coups asks as he keeps on eyeing Joshua

‘Nah! I think he’s menstruating again.’ Joshua said as he tries not to blink he’s eyes that might give them any indication that he knows something.

‘Hyung don’t be like that. You should know because you always speak with him in English and sometimes we don’t even understand it. You know something don’t you?’ Woozi grumbles when he heard the door to their practice room opens up and Vernon threw his phone on the floor.

All the members tried to talk Vernon but they are scared to touch him. Even the oldest members are having a hard time when Vernon starts to shout again as he pace back in forth inside the practice room. Vernon keeps on touching his head while kicking his hand phone when their manager pops his head inside their practice room.

‘Vernon-shi the CEO wants to talk to you. You have to go up now. It’s important.’ Their manager demanded in a serious tone and Vernon give him a curt nod as he follows their manager to the office of their CEO.

*******

On the other end of the road Umji keeps on fidgeting her fingers as she approaches the car that is waiting for her in the parking lot. All of her unnie’s help her pack the things she needed because she keeps on losing grip of all the things she touch. A lot of negative things are playing inside her mind right now after the disturbing message sent by her mother. Umji can’t even think straight that even her feet is losing balance.

Umji tries to keep her tears grounded when she saw her uncle on the passenger seat with a half-smile on his face. Umji run towards the car when her tears escape from her eyes. Umji can’t believe that the person who taught her everything suddenly left her without saying a word of goodbye.

When she reaches the car her uncle only give her a tap in the shoulder without saying anything. No words can ever explain the pain inside her heart as she keeps on dabbing her eyes.

It hurts like hell to know that someone so dear is hanging on a line of thread and in a second from now would be cut from this precious life. Umji close her eyes as tears keeps on flowing.

******

Vernon sat at the back seat of his father’s car when he caught his eyes on the mirror. His father gives him a serious nod as he tells their driver the location of the place they have to go.

Vernon knows the place so well because it was the Ancestral house built by his grandfather years ago. He was not yet born when the mansion was built right in the center of his grandfather’s hometown located on the southern part of Korea.

It was a three hour drive but Vernon is still trying to process all the things that might happen when they reach their destination. He is becoming angrier as the hour went by. He hate his grandfather for doing this to him and much more hates the guts of his parents to actually say yes to the nonsense made by his grandfather.

After almost three hours he is here again. The place where all of his bad dreams started and the place that help him know what he wants and who he is. Vernon went out of the car but his mind is circling into a black hole. He wanted to shout and knocks things out but his grandfather is known to have a temper so Vernon entered the mansion silently when he notice that his grandfather is talking to an old man that is same age with him.

When his grandfather saw him he gives him a bright smile. Vernon went to sit beside his grandfather when he notices the couple smiling at him. He bowed to them before facing his grandfather.

After a minute Vernon can hear the sound of an engine and he knows that it is her. The person that will destroy him until eternity and the person that will lock him out of all the things that he wants to do.

‘Grandpa’ a long and sweet voice was heard by them that made the two old man smile and chuckle.

It’s the person Vernon hates right now. And it is no other than the sweet and shy maknae of GFriend. The one and only Umji as known to their fans but to Vernon she’s the Kim Yewon.

‘Yewon-ah come here. I want you to meet someone.’ Umji’s grandfather calls her as he motioned for her to sit beside him.

For a moment a lot of questions linger in Umji’s mind but she can’t voice it out as she’s trying to calm her heart. Umji look around when she came face to face with the guy that humiliated her just weeks ago. Umji give him a questioning face but he only stared at her coldly.

‘Grandpa, what are we doing here? I thought you were at the hospital? Mom told me that you’re too sick to even leave your bed?’ Umji bombards her grandfather with questions so that she will be able to escape the cold eyes given to her by Vernon.

‘Yewon-ah stop asking a lot of nonsense questions when you’re in front of your husband-to-be. I ask your mom to call you because I want you to meet your in-laws as well as your future husband.’ Umji’s grandfather explains to her the reason she was called by her parents and that made her brain become bleak for a moment.

‘Grandpa, what are you talking about? I don’t understand? What is happening? Mom? Dad?’ Umji questions her parents for any answers but she was shush by her grandfather again.

Umji wanted to get out of that place so that she will be able to have a proper talk with her parents but she knows that it will not happen. Umji stayed in her seat not moving and the only thing she did is bow her head so that no one will see how hurt she is.

On the other sofa Vernon keeps on staring at Umji when he heard his father spoke for the first time since they arrived.

‘Dad, I think we need to start talking about the kids. They’re both here now. You should introduce them to one another.’

‘Of course, My friend, This is my grandson Hansol. His friends call him Vernon but in this house he is Hansol.’ Vernon’s grandfather proudly introduces him as he gives the other old man a smile.

‘Well my dear friend. This is my granddaughter Yewon. I don’t know but her friends call her Umji.’

Both the old man gives each other a smile when Umji’s grandfather motions his friend to start their meeting as they are all complete.

‘I would like to start this off with a simple talk but I want you both to listen to what I’m about to say. We will not marry you off because of business. We will not marry you off because we are childhood friends but rather we want to marry you off because of a promise we made when we were both fighting in World War II. I will never forget the day we promise each other that we will never say goodbye to our friendship so we will seal it through blood. Hansol-ah I know that you will be pissed by this sudden proposition but I think that you are a responsible grandson. Yewon-ah I know that this will make you sad but I want to tell you this. I made a promise to your grandfather that when the time comes I’m going to tie our friendship and that is today. I want you to take my grand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter