CHAPTER XVII:  The BUTTERFLY in the night sky [Part III]

Unknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LIFE also revolves around the emotions that we feel. Sometimes LIFE is also how we portray a movie. LIFE is a pair of an eye that looks at the world literally but creates a different path.

 

LIFE is not also what we think of it because it is unexpected. We don’t know what will happen in just a couple of second. LIFE is a big secret that is not yet uncovered. Nowadays, a lot of people use technology to find and know what LIFE is all about but what we don’t know is that LIFE is a lot bigger and can never be discovered.

 

LIFE is the sun that lights up everything the world can offer us. LIFE is the river that endlessly flows for us to know more about ourselves. LIFE is the answer to all the questions but LIFE is not a set of question to be answer.

 

LIFE knows no boundaries but limitations are needed for us not to expect more of what we got. LIFE may never be the winner at times but it makes us realize that in losing we continue to live and laugh.

 

LIFE is not a question of HOW and WHY but how we answer this labyrinth of questions, this block of dominoes and these bumps of the roads.

 

We create and develop interpretations on WHAT is LIFE when all along. Life is unexplainable by words, by emotions and by our logical thinking. LIFE can never be explained by giving a figurative anecdote on it.

 

LIFE IS SIMPLY LIFE.

 

NO EXPLANATION.

 

NO ANSWERS.

 

NO QUESTIONS.

 

NO INTERPRETATION.

 

When the morning comes the butterfly let the wind carry her in the dreamland of peace and silence. The butterfly can hear the song of the birds waking the beauty of life in her broken heart. The beautiful butterfly spread her wings as she meets the splendid sun.

 

It was a very beautiful morning and Umji remember the day of her wedding. Her wedding that took her innocence but gave her the moon that protected her from her demons. She remembers the day she clenches her teeth and said ‘I do’ to a young boy. It was a wedding full of tension but looking back she can see that it was the happiest days of her grandpa’s life.

 

She can remember the tears and smiles painted in his face. Umji smiles again as she felt a warm hug enveloping her.

 

‘I love the way you smile in the morning’ Vernon whispered into her ear as he put his chin on her shoulders. They both watch as the sun open the world in the beauty of the morning.

 

Umji’s heart jolted but she manages not to react because she still wasn’t sure of what she felt for Vernon. She knows that there is something special between them but she’s still afraid that her heart is still broken.

 

She wanted to ultimately break away from her brokenness but she knows that she can do it slowly. She can only do it with time. She wants to give her all to Vernon if she knows that she is ready. Ready enough to accept her faults.

 

‘What are you thinking?’ Vernon asks as he led Umji into the swing.

 

‘I am thinking about our wedding day. I can’t believe that we both went on without killing each other’ Umji said as she snuggled in Vernon’s arms.

 

‘I also remember it sometimes but I think it reminded me of the days I hated you and I am sorry about all the pain I cause you. I keep on asking myself why I’m such a douche bag but to be honest when I saw you in your wedding dress, I am so proud of you. I thought that an angel has come. It’s the truth. I am throwing daggers at grandpa but I can’t erase your silhouette in my mind. I am telling you this not because I am guilty but because it is the truth. You look good in white’ Vernon said as he fixed his eyes in the ocean.

 

Umji raises her head and give Vernon the warmest smile telling him that she is thankful about what he said about her.

 

The ocean is glistening beautifully because of the sun but the real beauty of it was the waves that slowly sway in the rhythm of the wind.

 

They were both reminiscing about their wedding when something hit Vernon right into his core. He can feel his heart beating fast. It’s like a thousand drum players were striking at the same time.

 

This is it. This is the perfect opportunity for him to open his heart. This is the perfect time for a perfect crime. Vernon smiled deeply when they heard Hyori’s voice resonating inside the house.

 

They both went down from the swing and they volunteer in cooking their breakfast. They prepare both of their favorites and they shared it with both Hyori and Sangsoon.

 

‘When I saw you both outside a question is running in my mind, I want to know your wedding day. How is it because you said that you hated each other’ Hyori asks them and they laugh because th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter