CHAPTER 9

SHAPES OF LOVE

 

9

THE TWINS HOME

 

I was trying to finish my homework and the competition poster all at the same time. I am so stressed.

After we get out from the meeting room, I haven’t got any word out of Leena.

I wonder why is she looks so blur and frustrated…

“Hey,” someone said.

I turn around and saw Leena peeking from my door.

“Sure…” I said, getting up from my chair and sit beside Leena on my bed.

“I need to talk to you,” Leena said, looking at me.

“Okay…” I said.

“I love Choi Minho,” she said.

“I know. I know you won’t waste your four months time with someone that you don’t love,” I said.

“But what happen just now, it really is out of my own willing,” she said.

“What? What happen?” I ask, seeing as I still have no idea of what exactly happen.

“Hyukie oppa?”

I’m surprise she still has respect for that person even after what he’d done to her own boyfriend, and mine in that matter.

“Yes, what’s wrong with him? Okay… Everything is so wrong with him. Stupid question…” I said, trying to make a spontaneous joke.

But I guess it didn’t work…

“He kissed me,” Leena said, calmly.

HE WHAT?!

“HE WHAT?!” I shout out loud.

“Yeah… but before he kissed me, he whispered something to me and it was like I was hypnotized, and I asked him to kiss me but-“

“You asked him to kiss you?” I said, cutting her sentence.

“Yes, but hear me out first,” she said, trying to shut me off first as though she knows I will cut her again. “Before I asked him to kiss me, I felt whoosh and automatically, I don’t know… I asked him to kiss me.”

Hypnotized?

I don’t know if that true or not but I do trust my twin.

I mean, if she lies, I could feel it.

“Okay… I trust you!” I said, feeling pity of her eyes.

But I do trust her.

“Thank you…” she said, sounded much more relaxed.

We both lie down on my bed.

“What are you going to do now?” I ask.

“About what?” she ask.

“The rebellion competition,” I said.

“Oh, um…” her sentence was cut by omma who knocked my door, took a peek inside and said, “Minho and Jonghyun are here. They’re down there.”

We both jumped from my bed all at the same time.

When we arrived at the front door, Minho was at the car and Jonghyun was standing at the lawn.

Leena approach Minho while I called Jonghyun to come inside seeing as it cold out there.

 

*LEENA POV

 

I walked to Minho oppa and greet him brightly, “Oppa, annyeong!”

He smiled at me once and said, “Annyeong!”

“What are you doing here?” I said, calmly.

I know he’ll open the topic about Hyukie oppa kissing me allover again.

“I just want to say to you that I know it’s not your fault that he kisses you. He’s a real jackass jerk. He can hypnotized people. I’m not surprise if you choose to kiss him because I know you’re doing it out of your will,” he said.

Oh my god…

He’s so sweet…

And I know deep inside, he do trust me.

“And…. Saranghaeyo…”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“I will win this for you. It will be the end for him,” he said.

His face is so near to me.

“Yes. Win this for me,” I said.

And we kissed under beautiful lights and star surrounding us.

It a cold night but I felt warm beside Minho.

Because I know he’ll protect me and I know he’ll win the battle for me.

 

*LUVLY POV

 

I push Jonghyun toward our kitchen and told him to sit down.

When he did, I gave him a piece of cake which me and Leena baked (well, Leena baked and I’m helping her by giving the ingredients) last weekend.

“What’s this?” he said.

“Um… cake?” I said.

“I know it is but for what?”

“For you…” I said, kissing his cheek.

With him, I feel like I can do anything I want.

I feel so free.

That’s why I love him so much!

He blushed and I laugh at him.

I watched him eating the cake one bite by one bite until he said, “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” I said, happy that he’d finish the cake.

“Why are you still wearing Taemin’s bracelet?”

That was like the last question on earth that I expect someone to ask me bout it.

I look at the T-A-E-M-I-N bracelet while Jonghyun said, “I know we’ve talked about this before, that until you’re ready, you’re not going to take it off but I feel a little bit anxious on to when were you going to take it off.”

“I’m sorry oppa… But I will wear this until I’m ready. And if you love me, you’ll wait,” I said.

Liar!

“Jonghyun oppa?”

We turned and saw Leena peeking through the living room.

“Minho is waiting for you,” she said, before leaves.

“I guess I’d better get going,” he said, giving me light kiss at my lips before leaves.

I’m sorry oppa…

I love you so much but you’re neck to neck with Taemin.

 

THE NEXT DAY

AFTER SCHOOL

 

Leena out with Minho for a date…

Jonghyun is right beside me.

“Wanna go out this Saturday?”

“Where?” I said.

“Anywhere you want to go,” he said, killing me with his sweet smile.

I blushed before said, “Lotte World?”

“Okay… and when we were there, I’ll win you BIG teddy bear. Bigger than before,” he said, putting his arm around me.

“Promise?” I said.

“Promise… anything for my sweet luvly…” he said, kissing my nose.

We were right in front of our house and almost kissing when we heard, “Ehem…”

Jonghyun’s fixing his throat while I turned around to see who just interrupts us.

“Hyori unnie!” I shout, running and hugging my cousin.

She hugs me back before released me and say, “How are you?”

“Fine…” I said.

Shin Hyori is my cousin from Incheon.

She’s same age as Onew and I ask her to come to Seoul to be Suju-SHINee rebellion’s MC.

I must’ve forgot to tell her when exactly is the rebellion cause she’d come very early.

“Let’s come inside,” I said, forgetting about Jonghyun.

Hyori unnie must’ve thought about him because she said, “Ehem… your um… friend?”

“Oh…” I said, “Jonghyun oppa, let’s come inside…”

How on earth can I forgot about my own boyfriend?

“No… I don’t think so… I’d better be home… I’ll pick you up tomorrow. Annyeong,” he said, bowing to Hyori unnie.

“Annyeong,” we both said to him, bowing.

We smiled to each other before I gesture her to come in first.

Once we were in, I brought her backpack to guest’s room near the kitchen.

Then we sit down at the kitchen benches and I make her hot chocolate.

“Where’s your umma?”

It was an ironic situation because at the same time, umma enter the kitchen.

“Hyori?” she said, surprise, I could guess.

“Annyeong eomonim…” Hyori unnie bows.

“What are you doing here?” she asks, looking at me and Hyori unnie back and forth.

Aish… I got a lot of explanation to do as Hyori unnie is skipping school just to come to Seoul for some silly (serious to me!) competition…

I’m dead…

 

THAT NIGHT

 

After been nagged by umma for 2 hours and 15 minutes, Leena and I brought Hyori unnie meet and greet SHINee officially.

We enter SHINee practice room (Taemin’s practice room) and saw all five of them dance and sing.

I almost fell for Minho before realize, he’s my sister’s boyfriend.

Aigoo…

“Annyeonghaseyo,” we greet them.

They stopped dancing and smiled at us.

Onew is smiling and staring at Hyori unnie.

“This is our cousin who’s going to be MC for the rebellion competition,” Leena introduced.

“Annyeong, I’m Shin Hyori from Incheon…” Hyori unnie bows.

“Jinjja? My hometown is at Incheon,” Minho said, clearly trying to hide his excitement.

“Annyeong, I’m bling bling Kim Jonghyun,” Jonghyun introduced.

“I’m Almighty Kim Keybum,” Key said, bowing.

“I’m Charismatic Choi Minho,” Minho said, with a low tone of voice which we barely hear.

“I’m Maknae Lee Taemin,” Taemin said, giggling and smiling.

We turned to Onew who said OUT LOUD, “ANNYEONGHASEYO, I’M LEADER LEE JINKI!!!”

We all stare at him before he introduced himself properly, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m leader Lee Jinki. You can call me Onew…”

We still stare at him.

“Stop- stopped staring at me,” he said, shamely.

“Right…” I said to him, sarcastically.

“Anyway… how old are you?” Key asked.

“Um… I’m in my senior year, and I love to eat chicken…”

At the word chicken, Onew head shoot right up and excitement blowing in his eyes.

(I notice that seeing as I’ve been watching him)

“I’m a chicken mania, if you can call me that… :D… And um… I also dreaming of becoming one of the top sellers in toys industries…”

“Meaning?” Jonghyun asks, blurly.

Aish… he’s so cute.

“I wanted to be the most famous Logo sellers. Kinda weird thing to do but I love Logo since I was a kid. And I still keep all of my Logo toys. And play with it sometimes…” said Hyori unnie, embarrassed.

“That’s right… she has all types of Logo…” Leena said.

Apparently, SHINee didn’t find it weird or anything.

They just nod.

“Jinjja? Onew loves Logo. He said, if he’s not a singer a few years from now, he wanted to sell Logo…” Key said.

“He also happens to love chicken. You guys have lot in common,” Jonghyun said.

“Jinjja?” Hyori unnie said. “Could you bring me to a famous chicken restaurant sometimes?” she continues, looking at Onew.

“Sure! I can bring you right now,” Onew said, shamelessly took Hyori unnie hand and ‘kidnap’ her.

“Okay!” Hyori unnie said, excited.

“DON’T FORGET BRING HER HOME ONE HOUR FROM NOW! WE HAVE CURFEW!!!!” I shout.

“Can you please don’t shouts at least once a day?” Taemin said.

“Can you please stay out my business?” I said.

“BWAH?! You shout all the time and this would be the first time I told you to shut up,” Taemin said, unbelievable.

“This is also would be the first time I told you to stay out of my business,” I said.

“You are so mean,” Taemin said.

“And you are so weak,” I said.

I don’t know why, but I couldn’t resist the desire to make Taemin mad.

“What do you mean weak?”

“You know, I said something simple, and next minute, you have nothing to say to me,” I said.

“I am so not,” Taemin said, defending himself.

Seriously, after we broke up, he doesn’t have strength to say anything mean to me anymore.

“Gay…” I said.

“WHAT DO YOU JUST CALLED ME?!” Taemin said, furious.

AWESOME!!!

“WHO WANTS HOT CHOCO?!” Key shouts.

“I AM!” Leena and Minho shout.

“COUNT ME IN!” Jonghyun shout and they’re all out of there while Taemin and I fighting and bickering with each other.

 

THE NEXT DAY

CLASS CORRIDOR

 

Last night, Taemin and I had a really huge fight.

The whole dance floor is a mess.

We throw clothes and towels at each other.

And that was all because I accidently called him gay.

I didn’t mean to.

I was trying to say he was like a baby.

But all came out is gay.

That’s why today I’m going to do something nice to him.

I’m not used apologizing so… this going to be harder that A level test.

“What are you going to eat today?” Leena asks.

“I don’t know, depends on Taemin,” I said.

“Waeyo?” she asks.

“It my way to apologize of what had come out from my mouth last night,” I sigh.

“Who told you to be mean to him? Serve you right,” Leena said, grinning at me.

“I didn’t mean to…” I said, innocently.

Suddenly, Taemin came out from boy’s washroom and I shout to him, “TAEMINNIE!”

He turned around and saw me.

Surprisingly, he waited for me to come over to him.

“Taeminnie?” Leena said. “And you said he being gay…”

I ignore her and went to Taemin.

“Taeminnie… How about if I treat you lunch?” I said, holding his arm like I used to whenever I wanted him to buy me something.

“Why are you being nice to me?” he said, raising his eyebrow.

“Just her way to say sorry to you after what she’d said last night,” Leena interrupted us.

I COULD KILL THIS WOMAN!

“Leena, can you please out?” I said.

Instead, she sticks out her tongue at me.

While I was trying to say something mean to Leena, someone running toward her and said in one breath, “Leena-your-boyfriend-is-fighting-with-Hyukjae-at-the-canteen…”

We looked at each other and run in one step heading to canteen.

This person name Hyukie…

I’LL KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we arrived at the canteen, the walls are all full with food.

Students are all in their head to see what exactly are going on. (Eventhough they arrive first, they still couldn’t figure out what happen?).

Leena, Taemin and I are too stunned to do or say anything.

“GET LOST FROM HERE!” Minho shouted, throwing burger at Hyukie.

“WHY SHOULD I?!” Hyukie shouted back.

“YOU’RE TROUBLESOME!!!” Minho shouted, avoiding Hyukie’s banana pie attack.

“YOU’RE A WEAK PERSON! GAYISH!” Hyukie shouted at Minho.

Yikes… that was two words that I said to Taemin last night.

Taemin look at me in horror.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN GAY?!!!” Minho said, throwing banana pie back at Hyukie.

I wish they would stop fighting and let me buy one of those.

I’m starving!

Hyukie stop attacking Minho and said, “You can’t even protect the person that you love. If not, she wouldn’t kiss me.”

“She wouldn’t kiss you if not because you’d hypnotized her,” Minho said, glaring at Hyukie.

At the same time, both group leaders, Onew and Leeteuk arrived.

So does the others.

“What do we miss?” Heechul said.

SHINee and I glare at him.

Then Leeteuk ask, more properly, “What had happen?”

“We don’t know but it seems like they were fighting about Leena again,” Taemin said.

“Even if I don’t hypnotize her, she would’ve kissed me,” Hyukie said, firing up Minho.

“Why on earth hell would you say that?” Minho said, laughing at Hyukie statement, obviously…

“Because between me and you, you know that I would take a hell lot better of her than you. Because I’m not weak like you,” Hyukie said.

Minho throw chair at Hyukie.

Hyukie avoid it but throw another chair at Minho.

SHINee and SuJu other members go to their member, trying to stop the fight.

I left Leena who’s still feel stun of what happening and go toward them.

Jonghyun and Onew were holding Minho back who shouted, “Y-YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER!”

“OR WHAT?” Hyukie shouted back.

Donghae and Leeteuk were holding him back.

Key and Taemin were looking at them.

Yesung and Heechul were staring at me, again.

Don’t they understand the fact that the person who is holding Minho back is my boyfriend?

He could break them into pieces…

I stand out again, like usual and said, “Who started this fight?”

They didn’t answer so I shriek, “I SAID, WHO STARTED THIS FIGHT?!”

They still don’t answer it.

Busy glaring at each other…

Aigoo…

I’m going to kill them~

 

THAT SATURDAY

SCHOOL HALL

 

I look around me.

The senior unnies are all shouting like mad.

Madder than before.

Today is the day of the competition.

Leena was sitting next to me.

The time was 9.00 am when Hyori unnie (who has been dating Onew since a few days ago) said, “WELCOME TO THE VERY FIRST SUJU SHINEE REBELLION CONTEST!!!!!”

And noises came from all over the hall.

“Now, we will call both teams to enter the hall and took the competition card which will determine what and who are they competes against.”

They’re all starting to hurt my ears when both teams enter the hall stage.

“Ok now… Onew, take the card in the bowl,” Hyori unnie said, gesturing her boyfriend to take the card inside the bowl right in front of her.

Onew smile at her before put his hand inside and took a card.

Hyori unnie took it and read it out loud, “SINGING.”

“You’ll be singing…” Hyori unnie said.

And they all took the card one by one.

Minho is pairing with Hyukie.

They’ll be rapping.

Key and Donghae will be pairing, dancing.

Onew and Yesung will compete in singing competition.

Jonghyun and Leeteuk will be fighting for a pole wrestling.

And Heechul and Taemin are um…

Crossdressing…

The first competition was between Onew and Yesung.

Yesung sings first.

The whole hall is quite as they listen to his melodic voice,

“Today, as my memory wanders, At the end of this road, I still linger, Although I can’t see you, You’re still holding me tight, I also question this path, I want to see you and I want to hold you, I look up in the sky and pray…”

At the word, ‘I want to hold you’, Yesung stare at me deeply as though trying to make me understand his feelings.

Aigoo…

I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!

Then the chorus was in, “If it’s not you, then it can’t be, I can’t be without you, Being like this days, months, even years, Even if I’m hurt, it’s fine, That’s right because I love you…”

And he stares at me again.

Jonghyun noticed it from behind the stage and he started to glare at Yesung.

Aigoo…

“I cannot do it again, I cannot send you away, if I forget you, I can’t go on… If it’s not you then it can’t be, I can’t be without you, Being like this for days, months, even years, Even if I’m hurts, it’s fine, Even if my hearts hurts, it’s fine, That’s right, because I love you…”

I could hear senior unnies wiping their tears.

Oh please…

They’re so emotional…

Then the last chorus was in,

“I may live again, But no matter how many times I’m born, I can’t live a day without you, You’re the person I’ll keep, the person that I’ll love, Yes, because you’re the only one I need…”

The audience all are cheering him up.

Then he bowed 90 degree and left.

Honestly, despite he keep staring full of hope to me, he was actually pretty good. Hyori unnie is agreed with me as she said, “That was a really fantastic performance from YESUNG!”

All of E.L.F. cheers out loud.

SHAWOL are booing.

“Now… I present you, SHINee’s leader, ONEW!!!!”

And noise coming out from all over the hall.

Even the teachers are shouting and cheering.

*I have no idea why they’re attending.

“I’ll need help from Key-gun, who’ll be playing the guitar,” Onew said, gesturing Key to start the first note.

And a familiar sound came out.

It was I’m Yours-Jason Mraz.

“Well open up your mind and see like me, Open up your minds and damn you’re free, Look into your heart and you’ll find love, love, love…”

Good thing about Onew is that he reacts with all of us and gesture us to follow him sing.

“Listen to the music of the moment baby sing with me, I love peaceful melody, It your god-forsaken right to be loved love loved love loved…”

And the chorus is in,

“So I won’t hesitate, no more, no more, It cannot wait. I’m sure… There’s no need to complicate, Our time is short, This is our fate, I’m yours…”

All throughout the song, he keeps moving from the left side of the stage to the center to the right and back.

He and Key’s guitar are harmonizing well.

He also wink a few times and making all of senior unnies shout and cheering up for him.

And when the last chorus is in, everybody’s quite and listens to his melodic voice one more time.

This time, Key is singing the first verse and harmonizing with him while he sings,

“I won’t hesitate, no more, no more, It cannot wait. I’m sure… There’s no need to complicate, Our time is short, This is our fate, I’m yours… No need to complicate, Our time is short, This is our fate, I’m yours… So I won’t hesitate, No more, no more, it cannot wait, I’m sure...”

He ending his performance with a wink and bowed 90 degree.

Hyori unnie was getting grip of herself before shout to the audience, “WOO!!! That was a fantastic plus incredible performance!!!”

Shawol are cheering up again.

E.L.F was not booing anymore.

They are completely shocked by what Onew just gave them.

Take that, Hyukie.

“Next is… Jonghyun and Leeteuk oppa! May I ask them both to enter the stage hall?”

Noise came out again as Leeteuk and Jonghyun appear.

God he looks so good in that sport outfit.

:D

They stand side by side by the pole.

“Now… let’s hear you pledge, Leeteuk oppa,” Hyori unnie said, giving him the mic.

“Um… just want to say, after all of this mess, I’m going to take a long good nap,” Leeteuk said, making us bewildered and laugh after that.

Somehow, his words are just so funny.

“Okay… Jonghyun?” Hyori unnie said, giving him the mic.

“I’ll do this for my best friend that I’ve known since I was a child. I love him and just want the best for him,” Jonghyun said, spirit firing up.

“Okay… now when I say jump, you’ll jump and try to get the other one fall. We’ll have three tries. Araso?”

Both Jonghyun and Leeteuk nod.

“Now… ready… JUMP!” Hyori unnie said.

We all saw Leeteuk jump onto the pole but Jonghyun still stay standing.

“Aigoo, Leeteuk… You’re too fast,” Hyori unnie said.

“No, it’s my faults,” Jonghyun said. “Because of something so large was moving up, I thought a mountain was rising. Because a mountain suddenly popped up with a whoosh…” He continues, gesturing his hand up and down.

We all laugh at his words and Leeteuk laugh of embarrassment.

“Okay… now when I say jump, you’ll jump, araso? Okay… JUMP!” Hyori unnie said.

Leeteuk and Jonghyun both jump at the same time.

SHAWOL and E.L.F. burst out their cheering and shouting here and there.

Scary to watch them wrestling ‘cause they were like trying to chop each other leg’s off.

Leeteuk surround Jonghyun’s waist but Jonghyun move his leg up and put it on Leeteuk’s body making Leeteuk somewhat imbalance and fall.

Then, they start it over again but this time, Leeteuk won.

Jonghyun was trying to do his attack when Leeteuk surround his waist again and force him to fall.

Jonghyun sit on the floor for a while, dumbfounded.

They start again.

Leeteuk surround Jonghyun’s waist again but his waist was also got surround by Jonghyun’s leg at the same time. And they were close neck to neck from the very start. Jonghyun untangled Leeteuk’s leg with his strength and caught Leeteuk, making him fall down again.

“AND THE VICTORY GOES TO KIM JONGHYUN!!!” Hyori unnie shouts, holding up Jonghyun’s hand.

E.L.F.’s were all speechless while SHAWOL are all cheering.

Jonghyun wink at me.