CHAPTER 3

SHAPES OF LOVE

 

3

 

ONE MONTH LATER…

*LUVLY POV

 

 It has been a month Taemin and I was dating (that was my longest record!). It also has been a month Lori left us for France. Minho and Leena are always together no matter where. Me? Well, me and Taemin, we fight a lot. Sometimes it just stay for a while, sometimes it’s not. It has only been a month but it seems like a day. Taemin gave me a specially designed bracelet that has his name on it. Let’s recall how exactly he gave it to me, shall we?

 

 A WEEK PREVIOUSLY… 

 

Taemin and I were having picnic on our own.

He brought so much food I thought he wanted to make me fat.

While we were talking, he told me to close my eyes and shut my mouth for a while.

I was in my blur time so I just obey his orders.

He took my hand and tied something to my wrist.

I opened my eyes when he told me to and stare at the bracelet that he just gave.

I was so touched, I wanted to say thank you but instead, I said, “Why would you want to waste money on things like this?!!!!” And I hit him.

“Ouch! I am NOT!!! All I do is search for the letter T-A-E-M-I-N and ask the store noona to tied it up together to make it bracelet! STOP HITTING ME!” he said.

I hate expressing feeling so I said, “And you expect me to wear this?”

“Yes,” he said, hesitated and staring at both of my hands, afraid I might hit him again.

“What if I don’t wear it?”

“I wouldn’t think of buying it if I know you wouldn’t wear it,” he said.

In the end, I was blushing so hard because he suddenly hug me and whispered to my ears, “Saranghaeyo~”

 

 CURRENT TIME…

 

 Taemin and I were walking together heading to my house. He’s sending me home after school. He just stared at me. I was blushing but I tried to act like I don’t notice it.

“-then I was like, what?! I didn’t do-“ I couldn’t say more than that. His lips were against mine already. There is nothing in this world that can make me feel like that except him. My heart was pounding so hard, I felt like it wanted blow. After a long kiss, he holds my hand and blow on it to keep me warm. It was October but it was cold as any winter wind.

“Oppa, you don’t need to do that you know…” I said.

“That’s okay. I like to keep you warm. Wait, you just called me oppa,” he says.

I just smiled at him and thankful that I have the most romantic-sweet-harsh-rough boyfriend ever. When we enter the neighborhood which headed to my house, one girl suddenly came to us and said, “Sorry but can you guys help me?”

I was so shocked I almost strangled the girl. The girl looks panic but she doesn’t look like she’s in trouble either.

“What can we help you with?” Taemin said, politely. I stare at him, unbelievable of what he’d offered.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?!

“Yes, my name is Shi-eun and I just moved here this morning. I was wandering around to check out the neighborhood but I guess I was lost,” she said, doing aeygo with her sound. Make me feel even more uneasy.

But Teamin didn’t realize that because he said to Shi-eun, “We would love to help you.” Taemin let go of my hand and lead the way while Shi-eun telling him her house appearance.

HOW DARE HE LET GO OF MY HAND!

After walking almost 10 minutes, we arrived at her house which 3 blocks from mine. She is wealthy.

So? I am wealthy too.

“Well, we’re here now. Thank you for sending me home, Taemin, Luvly. Feel free to visit. Bye…”

We watched her entering her house before Taemin hold my hand and lead the way to my house.

 

 THE NEXT DAY

 

 Leena and I were chatting with each other when our teacher, Mr. Park entering the class with someone following him from behind, SHI-EUN!

“Morning, class. Today we have a new student in our class. She just moved here from France. Please introduce yourself,” he said to Shi-eun.

“Annyeonghaseyo… My full name is Kim Shi-eun and I’m from France. My parents move to France right after they got married. So technically, I was born in France. If my hangul is not that good, Mianei…”

I was staring at her. Taemin is, well, staring at me. Leena was staring at her sharply. I can tell she didn’t buy something about what Shi-eun said since she’s quick at catching people’s expressions. (I just hope I hate Shi-eun because of jealousy and not for something else). Shi-eun look like a kind hearted person but her eyes telling something we couldn’t even catch.

Like, hatred about something…

Or someone…

 

 RECESS…

 

 “I am so hungry I could eat a cow…” I said.

“Like steak?” Taemin said.

“No, like A COW…”

He didn’t reply. I stare at him. He was watching Shi-eun who was walking toward us.

“Hey, you guys ready?” Leena said.

I gesture my signal toward Shi-eun.

“What the hell does she want now?” Leena whispered.

“Annyeong…”

“Hello…” Taemin answered.

“Can I eat with you guys?” her question makes me and Leena look at each other.

“Sorry, there is no more room,” I said, taking Taemin’s hand before he even said anything.

“Maybe next time!” he shouts.

“There will be no more next time or any other time!” I said when we were taking our seats with the rest of SHINee.

“What is wrong with you?” he said, innocently.

“What’s wrong?! The girl is what is wrong!”

“Huh?” Taemin reply, blur.

“SHE IS FLIRTING WITH YOU!!!!” I shouted. Care no more of what others might say or think.

The rest of SHINee was trying really hard swallowing whatever we were talking about.

“Didn’t you notice or you’re actually enjoying it?!”

“No… I never-“

“Oh, shut it!” I cut his word.

“Chill, Luvly,” Onew said, trying to calm me.

I am breathing heavily now. I am so pissed.

“Taemin is blur when it comes to girl who play flirt. He is more to girl who hard to get. Like you. Don’t you worry. He will never fall for that kind of girl. Not when he is having you as a girlfriend,” Onew said, lowering his voice at the last sentence.

“MWORAGO?!” I glance at Onew sharply.

“Not when he is having the most beautiful harsh girl in school as a girlfriend,” Onew said, now lowering his head.

I’m still stared at him sharply.

“Relax Luvly. If it proves that she is flirting with Taemin, we will get rid of her together,” Key said, pointing his index finger at me and him back and forth.

I stare at Taemin for a long time before taking a bite on my sandwich.

I just hope the girl won’t flirt with him anymore. Or else, it will be world war three.

 

MEANWHILE…

IN THE RESTROOM …

*AUTHOR POV

 

 Shi-eun was fixing her hair and face when she heard,

“I am really envious with Luvly. I mean, who is she compared to Taemin oppa? She’s not even gentle and pretty and popular like us. Urgh!” said the first girl.

“I think she’s forcing him to be with her,” said the second girl.

“Like blackmailing him?” reply the first girl.

“Could be…”

Both of the girls came out of cubicles at the same time. They were washing their hands when Shi-eun approaches them and said, “Hy, I heard of what you just said.”

“And?” said the first girl, raising her eyebrow.

“I would like to make a deal with you,” said Shi-eun.

“What deal?” said the second girl, looking at her.

“Before that, I never know you names. My name is Shi-eun, and you guys are?”

“I’m Jae Kyung,” said the first girl.

“Min Jung,” said the second girl.

Shi-eun was smiling evilly.

You just wait, CHOI MINHO!

 

 THE TWIN’S HOME

*LUVLY POV

 

 SHINee was busy studying at my place. They were studying but they were also making fuss and noise.

“Can anyone here teach me how to do calculus?!” Key shouted.

“Let me,” Onew said.

“Anyone here want more juice?” Leena asks.

“We’re fine,” said Minho and Jonghyun.

“Then what?” I said to Taemin.

“Then you put  22/7  down here and you multiply it with radius of 21 here,” Taemin said, teaching me circles as my biggest weakness is circles when it comes to Math.

Suddenly, the bell rings and not long after that, omma enter the living room with some kind of letter in her hand. Then she said, “Letter for Leena. Someone dumped it in front of our house, again.” She gave the letter to Leena and leave.

“Again? Does this happen often?” Key said.

“Yup… Leena got a lot of fans,” I replied.

“You?” Taemin said.

“Never get one and never care,” I said.

“Awww, that’s okay… I’ll send you letter next time,” he said, holding his laugh.

“You do that, next thing you know, you’ll end up in hospital,” I said.

SHINee laughed at Taemin’s expressions.

“Read it,” Key said.

Leena read it. Suddenly, she leaves the living room without any words.

We read the letter together,

 

‘Dear Leena

            Please stay away from Choi Minho oppa or else, I myself will make sure you will. You leave him, no one will get hurt. You leave him, you’re doing me a huge favor. You leave him, I will leave you alone. But as long as you’re still with him, I will make sure you and all the people surrounding you miserable. I will make sure everyone hate you and in the end Minho oppa will leave you. We can do this in a good way, or in a bad way.

                                                                                                                                                        Yours sincerely,

                                                                                                                                     S…’

 

We look at each other for a while. Leena enters the room and I said, “You’re not leaving Minho oppa are you?”

“Course not,” she said, shaking her head.

Onew and Key expressed the reliefs.

“What are you going to do now?” Jonghyun said.

“Secretly dating Minho oppa,” she said.

“Huh?” SHINee and I said.

“We’ll pretend that we’re breaking up in front of the whole school. We’ll have a huge fight. The whole school will then know that we’re no longer together. It’s as simple as that,” Leena said.

SHINee and I look at each other.

“What if she didn’t buy it?” Onew said.

“Oh, she will…” Leena said. For a moment there I thought I saw her eyes sparkling. 

 

SCHOOL HALL

 

 The whole school was there for principal prep-talk about school rules (As usual). Leena and I were sitting in the same row. Some of the teachers are not there yet.

Minho came to our place (as planned). Girls who were surrounding us are all watching the ’drama’.

“Please, I beg you, please don’t leave me. Please!” he shouts.

“We have nothing more to discuss,” Leena said, a little bit louder.

“Leena,” I said, pretending tried to comfort her.

“Please-“ Minho tried to said something but were cut by Leena, “STOP IT!!!! Please leave me alone…” Leena take off the ring that Minho gave it to her a week after Taemin and I date. “Take this with you,” Leena force it into Minho’s palm. “I don’t need it,” Leena continues before she left the hall with fake tears.

Meanwhile, Jonghyun, Onew, Key and Taemin were watching the expressions of everybody in the hall whose look suspicious. But they miss the expressions of Shi-eun who gloated with happiness.

 

 GIRLS RESTROOM

*AUTHOR POV

 

 Min Jung and Jae Kyung wait patiently for Shi-eun in front of the toilet cubicles. Not long after that, Shi-eun enters.

“My grudge has been half paid. Another half will be your job.”

“Ok… but what exactly benefit we would get?” Min Jung said.

“Don’t you want Taemin to be single again?”

“Yes…but-“

“-what is all of this got to do with Minho oppa and Leena?” Shi-eun interrupted her.

“Yes,” Jae Kyung said.

“I have sent a warning letter to Leena and ask her to leave Minho oppa or else I will make Minho oppa dumped her. I guess she’d followed that one. ‘Bout Luvly and Taemin, it was my grudge for Leena for taking Minho oppa. I thought she was my friend but she betrayed me. And now, she should get her punishment,” Shi-eun said, half awake.

“And by breaking up Luvly and Taemin, you’ll get your grudge? How?” Min Jung asked.

“You’ll see,” Shi-eun said, smiling evilly.

 

 SCHOOL CORRIDOR

 

 Taemin were walking alone back to his class before a girl student approach him and said, “Oppa, annyeong…”

“Um… Annyeong,” Taemin said, hesitated.

“Oppa, can I please confess something?” Min Jung.

“Um, sure…” Taemin said, a little confuse.

“Saranghaeyo… But I understand if you don’t love me back but can just you please give me a hug?” Min Jung said, showing her aeygo.

“Ok…” Taemin gave her a hug without noticing Jae Kyung were taking pictures of them hugging each other.

“Plan A, done!” Jae Kyung said, checking all the pictures she had taken. “Plan B, next!” she continues, watching Min Jung excitedly waving at Taemin who walks away, heading to his classes.

 

 SCHOOL LIBRARY

 

 Taemin were alone again in the school library. He was searching for Calculus revision book when someone suddenly shouts for help. He was watching for the source of the noise when Jae Kyung suddenly pushed him to the dark side of the library.

“What-“

“Shhh!!!” Jae Kyung shooed him, panicking.

After about five minutes stuck in the dark side, Jae Kyung release Taemin and walk to the light side.

“What exactly is wrong with you?” Taemin asked.

“I was in the girl toilet before I hear someone calling my name. When I check, there is nobody there! Then suddenly I hear, someone is playing a piano,” she said.

“I don’t hear anything,” Taemin said.

“Can you please check the-“

“-girl’s restroom?” Taemin said, his eyes almost pop out. “No, sorry. But if you still scared, you can stay here with me until I’m done, okay,” he said, still putting Calculus homework his priority.

“Ok-okay,” Jae Kyung agreed, sittin next to Taemin. Once or twice she’ll suddenly shouts and hugging Taemin who is still busy with his work.

That is when Min Jung took a photo of him and her.

In the end, Taemin walk Jae Kyung home before heading home himself without knowing how much trouble he’ll be in the next day.

 

 THE NEXT DAY

THE TWINS HOUSE

*LUVLY POV

 

 It was Saturday and I was walking to the front door, checking the letters.

“Hm… Appa’s, appa’s, omma’s, appa’s, omma’s, advertisement, whoo!” I said, exciting for getting a letter (?). “It’s for me! Lalala…” I hop inside.

I opened my letter after giving my parents their letter. At first I was so excited but it all turn cloudy when pictures of Taemin and two different girls were in my hand. I am too shocked and stunned to think. My whole senses go numb.

How could he done this to me…

I thought…

“Luvly!”

I can hear my sister calling me but I couldn’t get a word out from my mouth. It was as if my whole system broke down.

“Luvly? Luvly, what on earth are you doing here? We have to go to Onew oppa’s houses remember? We have a study group with SHINee. Go and change.”

I look at Leena and without me realizing it, my tears fall down.

“What-what’s wrong?” Leena said, panicking.

“Huh?” I said. My tears started to fall down heavily.

“Why-why are you crying?” Leena asks.

I look around before focusing on Leena and I gave her Taemin’s pictures.

She looks at it for a while and said, “Let’s go.”

“Go where?”  I said.

“Come on!” she said, dragging and forcing me to come with her.

 

 ONEW’S HOUSE

*LEENA POV

 

 I drag Luvly to Onew oppa’s house.

I don’t care if this is faked or not.

The point is that he had makes my sister cry.

And no one in this world can dare to make my sister cry.

“YAH LEE JINKI!” I shout.

“LEE JINKI!” I shout again.

Not long after that, Onew oppa open the door and said, “Yah! What is wrong with you?! Why are you shouting?!”

“Where is your brother?”

“Taemin?”

“Yes! Who else?”

“He-“ Onew oppa  tried to go on his saying but was cut by Taemin asking, “Hyung, who is it?”

“YAH! LEE TAEMIN!” I shout.

“What-why are you shouting?” he stuttered.

“You tell me! What is this?!” I throw all the pictures of him and the two girls at his face.

Taemin and Onew oppa were taking a quick look at it when Jonghyun, Key and Minho oppas came.

“What’s wrong?” Minho oppa said.

“What’s that?” Key oppa asks.

“I swear, I have no idea how could this happen. I don’t even know who these girls are,” Taemin said, almost begging.

“Then explain why all the pictures showing you were hugging them,” I said, furious.

Luvly was being quite. She’s not crying anymore but there is no expression on her face either.

“I swear, I don’t know…” Taemin said.

“Leena, calm down. Taemin, how come you were hugging these girls?” Jonghyun oppa said.

“I… the girl was asking for a hug. The other girl was claiming she’s scared. She’s the one who hug me.”

“And you just let her?” I said.

“I…”

“Let’s break up,” Luvly suddenly said.

All of us look at Luvly whose face still doesn’t have any expression.

I wonder if she’s even conscious.

Her eyes look unfocused.

“Luvly,” Minho and Jonghyun oppas said at the same time.

“Mworago?” Taemin said, unbelievable of what he had heard.

“Let’s break up. If you couldn’t even rejecting these girls from flirting with you, there is no use we still together. You’re only gonna hurt me even more,” Luvly said, heartlessly, looking straight at Taemin.

“Andwae… Please don’t,” Taemin said, holding Luvly’s hand.

Luvly let go of her hand from Taemin’s grip with much difficulty that her TAEMIN bracelet break and fall. Then she said, “Let’s go Leena… Mianei for causing so much trouble.”

Luvly bow 90 degrees and drag me away.

Taemin fall down to his knees.

With shaking hands, he took the bracelet and brought it to his chest and crying quietly while his mouth keeps saying, “Luvly… Saranghaeyo…”