CHAPTER 6

SHAPES OF LOVE

 

6

LUV-HYUN COUPLE?

 SCHOOL ROOFTOP

*LUVLY POV

 

 I was staring empty at the scenery of Seoul when someone said, “You’re here.”

I turn around and saw Jonghyun.

He walks to me and sat right next to me.

“What are you doing here?” I said.

“I was supposed to ask you that question. Not you,” he said.

I look down before said, “Relaxing my mind for a while.”

“Gwen-Gwenchana?” He asks, hesitatedly. (I could tell)

“Maybe…”

“Taemin loves you very much,” he said.

“I know,” I replied, looking straight ahead.

“Why you dumped him?” he asks.

“I just couldn’t take it anymore,” I said, looking down again, trying to hold my tears back.

“What is it?”

I shake my head.

“It okay if you don’t want to tell me what it is but if you need a shoulder for you to lie on while you cry, I can lend you mine,” Jonghyun said.

I look up and saw him staring at me with those pitiful eyes.

I start resting my head at his shoulder and cry my heart outs. Once or twice he will shoo me while his hand around me all the time I was crying. Maybe he wanted me to feel safe.

 

 AFTER SCHOOL

THE TWINS NEIGHBORHOOD

 

 I’m walking alone home now. Leena got some project stuff to do with her club that cannot be delayed anymore. Seeing as she is the club president.

I am so damn lucky that I’m only a member in that club. I’m never good with job position like Leena. I’m too lazy.

After Jonghyun and I left the rooftop last afternoon, I never stop thinking about him.

He is so kind to me. I know people have been saying stuff about him liking me but because Taemin and I was an item, he never dare make a move.

“Luvly!” I heard someone shouting my name so I turn around and I saw Jonghyun was running toward me.

“Ah-ah,” he said, letting go over his breath.

“What? Why are you calling me?” I ask.

“I… I wanted to bring you somewhere,” he said, standing upright.

Honestly, he’s not as tall as I thought he should be.

“Where?” I ask.

“Just follow me!” he said, grabbing my hand and start running again.

 

 MUSIC STORE

 

 “Music store? This is the place where you want me to ‘visit’?” I said, looking at him with my eyebrows raise.

“Shut up and follow me,” he said, still holding my hand.

I follow him blindly while my eyes watching the whole store.

It sold variety of music instruments and records.

Jonghyun brought me to the back of the store where all kinds of piano and keyboard were there.

He sat at one of the classic looking piano and asks me to sit.

I sat beside him and he starts playing a really beautiful song.

I look at him, more embarrassed when he starts singing lullaby for me.

“I didn’t know why, For a long time, I thought about why I changed, I think I changed after our meeting, Very, very much…”

I know he looks like a bad boy type but I never thought that he was so romantic. I close my eyes, feeling the rhythm that flow in my body.

“Can you hear this song? Oh… You’re too thankful, oh baby, You’re too beautiful, Oh… I can’t take my eyes off  you, My eyes see only you, I want to always just see you, oh truly, Oh~ Baby...”

When the song had come to its end, I open my eyes.

“That’s beautiful,” I said.

“Thank you,” he said.

“What’s the title of the song?” I ask.

“Baby baby from 4 Men…” he said.

“Is it your favourite?” I ask.

“Yes. I like to play it once in a while. Every time I feel like sad or hurt, I’ll play this song. It makes me feel calm,” he answered.

“Can you teach me this song?”

“Sure,” he said, pressing the first key and gestured me to follow him.

 

 FEW DAYS LATER

GYM CLASS

 

I HATE THIS FEELING!

Jonghyun had made me remembering his melodic voice all the time.

And I mean, ALL THE TIME…

I still remember he sang to me, “I didn’t know why, For a long time, I thought about why I changed, I think I changed after our meeting, Very, very much, Can you hear this song? Oh… You’re too thankful, oh baby, You’re too beautiful, Oh… I can’t take my eyes off  you, My eyes see only you, I want to always just see you, oh truly, Oh~ Baby…”

We were in a gym right now with senior class which happens to be Jonghyun and Onew’s class.

ARGH!!!

“LUVLY! WATCH IT!” someone shouted at me and when I look around, Jae Kyung was already throwing the ball at me.

But I didn’t feel anything except flying.

Wait, flying?

I opened my eyes and saw Jonghyun face on top of mine and he said, “Gwenchana?”

“Ye-Yes…” I said, looking away.

Embarrass!

He must’ve understood of what I really feel at that moment and get up from me and walk away to his group which now that I notice, very far away from my group.

Wait, did he just run all away from the other side of the room?

Just to get me away from Jae Kyung’s attack?

I sat down thinking of him again.

Aish!

I hate this kind of feeling!

Wait, what feeling?

Did he make me fall in love with him?

No… It can’t be…

I shake my head a few times before Leena approach me and said, “Gwenchana? You should be lucky Jonghyun oppa ran all the way from that side just to save you. Aish… Can you please don’t make people more worried about you?” Leena said, more to nagging.

Key could lose to Leena when it comes to nagging.

I wish she just shut up for a second.

 

 AFTER SCHOOL

 

 I decided to go to Jonghyun today.

Just wanted to say thank you.

Yesterday we went to the music store again and he teaches me piano lesson again.

It was really fun until he actually tried to kiss me right in front of my house. But I wasn’t ready for new relationship so I just bid him goodbye. I hope he would not be mad at me. I mean… Guys hate when girls reject their kiss right? Especially guys who full of pride.

I saw Jonghyun’s back and shouted, “Jonghyun oppa!”

He turns around and smiles when I ran to him.

“Oppa annyeong!” I said.

“Annyeong…” he smiles.

“Just wanna say thank you for pulling me in the gym just now. I really appreciate it,” I said.

“That’s okay… Just do my job to protect person that I care about deeply,” he said.

“Bwah?!” I said, couldn’t believe of what I really hear just now.

“Huh? Oh… nothing…”

“Oh… okay…” I said.

The situation becomes awkward.

“Um, Luvly?” he said.

“Yes?” I replied.

“Do you want to go out with me?”

“Out? With you?” I said, blur.

“Ya… Like a date?”

“Urm…”

“But if you don’t want to, it’s okay. I’m totally understood,” he said.

“Ok…”

“Huh?” he said, not sure of what he was hearing.

“Okay… let’s go for a date,” I said.

“Oh… ok… come on,” Jonghyun said, smiling, taking my hand and start to lead the way.

 

 *TAEMIN POV

 

 I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT I ACTUALLY HAD HEARD

Jo-jong-jonghyun hyung just asks my girlfriend for a date?!

Well, she’s not my girlfriend anymore but…

She used to date me!

And most importantly, she’s still wearing that T-A-E-M-I-N bracelet!

I have to follow them.

How dare he-

AISH!!!!!!!

 

 LUVLY’S NEIGHBORHOOD

 

 I had followed their date from A to Z.

It was tiring and I would never follow someone’s date again.

They went to Lotte World.

They ride roller coaster, eating ice cream, having fun with animals, watching circus and even dancing and running in water sprinkles.

And Jonghyun hyung had done something that I never even did for Luvly.

He wins Luvly a big white teddy bear.

Now they were right in front of Luvly’s house and I’m right at the corner of her house.

I listened closely to their conversation.

“Gomawo oppa. I had fun today.”

Oppa?!

Sh-she called him oppa?

SHE NEVER CALLED ME OPPA!

“You’re welcome…” I heard Jonghyun hyung said.

“I’ll just go inside then. See you tomorrow,” Luvly said.

YES!

YES!

GO INSIDE!

GO TO BED!

Luvly was trying to walk inside but Jonghyun hyung held her hand and said, “Luvly, there is something I wanted to try, if you don’t mind.”

I saw Jonghyun hyung move his big head forward and-

They kissed…

I felt my whole body system stop for a while when I saw the person that I love was kissing someone else.

I didn’t even notice how Onew hyung was there.

He put his hands on my shoulders and brought me home.

 

 THE NEXT DAY

*LUVLY POV

CLASS CORRIDOR

 

 WOULD THIS WOMAN JUST SHUT UP FOR ONE SECOND!

Leena had been nagging something about me not doing my homework and being playful with Jonghyun for days.

And she had been nagging about this since last night.

Today is the day after last night.

GARH!!!!!!!!!!

“Seriously Luvly, if you’re not finishing your homework tonight, I’m going to tell omma bout your detention. It been… what? Three times already, right?” Leena said.

“If I promise not going out today and just stay at home as you wanted, WOULD YOU STOP NAGGING?!” I said out loud.

“I’ll… I’ll think about it…” she said.

“GARH!” I said, clearly frustrating.

“LUVLY!” I heard someone shouts my name and when I turn, it my ‘loveable’ ex boyfriend…

Taemin.

“Come with me,” he said and without waiting to hear what I’m going to reply, he just grabbed my hand and ‘abducted’ me.

“Leena!” I called her.

“YAH!” she shouts too, running, following Taemin.

We went through this one corridor and Taemin stop in front of one door and opening it while still holding my hand.

He ‘throws’ me inside and gesture Leena to come in.

I stare around and saw Onew, Minho and Key were sitting on table, drinking and staring at me and Leena.

“Luvly?” Key said, hearing ‘commotion’ between me and Taemin at the door.

“What are you trying to do?” Onew said.

“Stay out of this hyung,” Taemin said.

“Do-do what?” I asks, confused.

“Where’s Jonghyun hyung?”

“Hey, I heard there’s meeting so I came here as fast as I-Luvly?” Jonghyun said, raising his eyebrow, looking at me and Leena.

“Everyone sits down,” Taemin ordered.

“Since when did Taemin become an angry head?” Minho whispered to Key.

Key just shrugged.

“Jonghyun hyung,” Taemin said, addressing Jonghyun.

“Yes?” Jonghyun said.

“WHAT THE DEVIL ARE YOU KISSING LUVLY LAST NIGHT?!”

“HOW ON EARTH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?!” Jonghyun and I shouted.

“YOU WHAT?!” Key, Minho and Leena shouted.

“Taemin,” Onew said, trying to calm Taemin’s temperatures down.

“I-“ Jonghyun barely said anything.

“How on earth do you know that?” I asked.

“Doesn’t matter how I know about all of this. What really matter is that why are you making out with my girlfriend?!” Taemin said, louder than his normal voice.

“Ehem…” I said, breaking his statement.

Girlfriend?

Pfftt…

“Ex-girlfriend,” I said.

Taemin stare at me really hard.

I stare at him back and said, “You have no more rights to stop me dating or making out with anyone in this world. It is my decision and not yours. We are no longer together, remember? So, stop this nonsense and Leena, let’s go.”

 

 *TAEMIN POV

 

 I just watch Luvly left, unable to do anything.

Suddenly, Jonghyun hyung said, “Taemin, she is suffering.”

I glare at him and said sarcastically, “How do you know? Did she tell you during your kissing last night?”

Key and Minho hyungs were listening and watching closely.

Their face looks so funny when they’re bewildered.

Onew hyung were looking down but I know he was listening.

“No. But I can tell because she pushes me right in the middle of- the kiss,” he said.

“Isn’t that telling you enough? She doesn’t like you,” I said.

“Maybe... That’s why she couldn’t be my girlfriend,” Jonghyun hyung said.

“So you know then,” I said, sneering at him.

“But I couldn’t let her go,” Jonghyun hyung suddenly said.

“BWAH?!!!” I said loudly, completely shocked.

“Jonghyun…” Onew hyung said, more like a warning.

Key and Minho hyungs eyes went so big, it could pop out from their heads.

“I couldn’t let her go,” Jonghyun hyung said to me, looking at me with eyes full of pity.

What, he thinks I’m going to let Luvly go?

“Are you crazy?!” I said, attacking him until we fell.

He was on top of me.

Minho and Key hyungs was too stunned to do or said anything.

“I just said I couldn’t let her go. Why do you suddenly think I wants to take her from you?!” he said, punching my face.

“ARGH!” I shout, hitting him at the erted place.

“Argh,” he said, kneeling down.

“HYUNG!” Minho and Key hyungs went to him and place him under high treatment.

I stunned at what I’ve just done.

“Mianei,” I said, helping him up.

He looked straight at me and said, “Let her go.”

He sounded, almost begging.

Before I even have the chance to answered, Onew hyung said, “What if you two enter a contest?”

“What contest?” Key hyung asks.

“This contest,” Onew hyung said, giving a pamphlet to us.

“It a talent contest,” Minho hyung said.

“I’ve talked to president of the talent club and she said, if you two still can’t get over it, she would change this contest into ‘SHINee Rivalry Contest’. Whoever wins, get Luvly,” Onew hyung said.

“Then lets do it,” I said, spirit firing up.

“If that’s what you want,” Jonghyun hyung said.

You just wait, Shin Hyo Young.

I’ll win you back.