CHAPTER 10

SHAPES OF LOVE

*PREVIOUS UNFINISHED CHAPTER*

Jonghyun wink at me and together with Leeteuk, they went backstage.

“Okay… now… we’ll have rest for a while seeing as now is already 11 a.m. But we’ll be back in another 15 minutes. Dismiss,” Hyori unnie said.

Shawols and E.L.F’s move out from the hall toward cafeteria.

Leena, Hyori unnie and I went backstage where we could hear shouting.

“THIS IS A SABOTAGE!”

Hyukie shouts.

What on earth…


10

I enter the dressing room with Hyori unnie and Leena behind me and saw Hyukie were shouting at Jonghyun.

Heechul (already makeup, aigoo…) and Yesung were comforting Leeteuk who was sitting on the chair, barely moved.

Donghae were behind Hyukie, as though agree with Hyukie.

Minho and JOnghyun were staring back at them.

Onew and Key were nowhere to be found.

*Weird couple…

Taemin was getting his makeup done but his eyes were on the fight.

“What now?” I said, directly to Hyukie.

“Your boyfriend here, had sabotage my leader,” Hyukie said, mad.

“What he’d done?” I said.

“Yeah, what I’d done?” Jonghyun said, louder than me.

“When you’re at the pole wrestling, you with intentions were trying to break Leeteuk hyung’s leg!” Hyukie shouts.

“THERE IS NO PROOF!” Minho shouts, mad too.

“EVEN IF THERE IS, IT’S A FAKE! THE FIRST PERSON ON EARTH THAT I WANNA KILL IS YOU AND NOT LEETEUK HYUNG!” Jonghyun shouts, madder.

“HYUKIE! IT’S NO ONE FAULT!” Leeteuk finally spoke.

“THEN EXPLAIN HOW COME YOU BARELY MOVED YOUR LEG!” Hyukie shouts.

“IT’S AN ACCIDENT! JONGHYUN WASN’T AN EASY OPPONENT!” Leeteuk shouts back at him.

Hyukie went quite but he was shaking with raged.

Everybody were shaking with raged.

“It’s done now. Jonghyun is innocent. You are doing all of this because you want to make as though you the most loving person in entire world. Trying to show to my twin that she deserve you…” I said, bursting out what I’ve been thinking the moment I step into the scene.

“Well you guess wrong. I won’t choose you even if you offer to pay me 100 million won,” Leena said.

Minho smirked at Hyukie and put his arm around Leena, showing how much he and Leena loves each other.

Hyukie spat and walk out of there with Donghae.

“And you both,” Jonghyun said, addressing Yesung and Heechul, “Out of my girlfriend way. Don’t think I don’t know you tried to flirt with her,” he continues, putting his arm around me.

Yesung and Heechul stare back at him.

In that very moment, Onew and Key came.

“Hey… Luvly? Leena? And Hyori noona? What are you guys doing here?” Key said, surprise.

“Never you mind what we’re doing here. Where have you been?” I ask.

“Chicken!” Onew said brightly, smiling while showing his teeth and a few box of chicken in the plastics.

“AGAIN?!” we all rhymes even Leeteuk, Heechul and Yesung.

“Didn’t we eat chicken yesterday?” Jonghyun said.

“That was yesterday. Today is a new day,” Onew said, giving out plastic plate with chicken.

“HYUNG!” SHINee rhymes.

“Aigoo…” Leena and I said.

SUJU were just shaking their heads.

Hyori unnie chuckled.

 

20 MINUTES LATER…

SCHOOL HALL

 

“Welcome back to our competition. Just before we took a quick break, we had watched Onew and Yesung with Jonghyun and Leeteuk compete with each other,” Hyori unnie said.

Noise burst out here and there.

Some were cheering.

Some were shouting.

And some were excitedly holding up SHINee and SUJU banner that they had made.

Onew and Jonghyun sat next to me, watching the next performance.

Leeteuk were backstaged, being massage with Yesung’s father who opened foot massage store.

“Now… I present you the next battle competitor, KEY AND DONGHAE!!!!” Hyori unnie shouts.

At the same moment, Key and Donghae went up to the stage, facing each other.

Audience went quiet.

*Warning… Key and Donghae won’t be dancing through their group songs.

Then the familiar song been played,

Everyday I just can’t control… Every night the loneliness my love… (So Beast’s in the cube)

It’s Shock from B2ST.

Donghae took the first song.

While Key just sneering at him dancing…

He dances each and every beat with passion.

Everyone were like, ‘aaahhh’.

Aigoo… Close your mouth…

Flies will thought it’s a cave.

Can’t breath, my body’s getting stiff like an ice (Why?! Why?!), Hey dear, stay here, I’m going blind (Why?! Why?!), No way are losing my way, why are you drifting away?”

E.L.F were cheering again.

The female teachers, even Mrs. Lee were cheering (What the hell is she doing here, only god knows).

Shawol went stiff but some of them, who loves Donghae personally, shouts, making the rest of Shawol stare at them from hair to foot.

Then the chorus was in, making everyone ‘shock’ with Donghae’s dance step.

Everyday I shock (Shock), Every night I shock (shock), I’m sorry please come back to my side, Everyday I shock (shock), Every night I shock (shock) Because of you I can’t focus on anything else.

“Come to me oh oh tonight so crazy, Come back back to me (I’m waiting (for) you you), Oh oh tonight so crazy, I don’t think I can ever wake up from ma shock…”

Right after the chorus end, another song been played.

Key walk forward while Donghae step back…

That’s right! Come on!”

It was Genie from SNSD.

Shawols were cheering and shouting and crying excitedly (?).

E.L.F. tried to boo but couldn’t make it through because of Key’s dance move.

Do you summon me? Hey this is and SOS and it’s for real, Hey you must be honest here, For everything that you wish for, I’m the Genie who fell in love with you…

“Even if I can’t be a beautiful girl, Being the way I am right now is more better, isn’t it? First, you have to admit it, You don’t understand this situation right? Everything you’ll say from now on will become a reality, Tell me your wish then, honestly…”

Even Donghae were shocked and surprise watching Key’s flexible dance move but he didn’t show it.

I noticed it because his eyes were big at first then turn into evil eyes again.

He actually smirked at Key to cover his impression.

Pfftt…

Then the chorus was in,

Yes the stars are within our reach. Together, we’ll be unstoppable. I can even see our future prospect will be bright. I’ll grant all of your wish. That’s the reason why I’m here (I’m genie for you boy), Only for you (I’m genie for your wish), And if you like me (I’m genie for your dream), I’ll like you even more (I’m genie for your world)…”

The songs changes and it turn into Z:EA’s Mazeltov.

Aho yo! It shut it down, love. It shut it down, blind. It shut it down, passion. Jump up, jump up, jump up, jump up, oh! Jump up, jump up, jump up, jump, hoo! Jump up, jump up, jump up, jump up, jump up, jump up, jump up, break it dancing.”

Donghae started to dance with passion and anger (?).

Key stare at him and his expressions were like, ‘What the hell is wrong with this person?’.

ELF were shouting and cheering again.

SHAWOLS were booing.

Break it down, red beat down, knock you down, here we go… Oh uh uh uh uh uh uh…. Jakku, jakku, niga nareul chumchugehae latin girl, Mexican girl, Korean girl, japan girl, dugeundaeneun simjangi meomchujil anheo, yeh yeh yeh, mirror, mirror, mirror…

Donghae were breakdancing and popping and dancing the original dance step of the song over and over again, making us awed…

“Mazeltov himnaebwa, mazeltov useobwa, (Mazeltov, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Geudaega naege ajujageun himirado dwaesseumyeon jokesseo. My my my girl…”

Donghae stop dancing and was taking his breath while Key dance to the next song.

Gave me two different tears after all this years. Tears of joy, tears of pain, like sunshine and rain. So I hate you, so I love you… So I hate you, so I love you…

The intro was slow so Key wasn’t doing anything much.

I’m trying to figure out how to move on with my life without you by my side. Waking up with teary eyes, I can’t do this no more, gotta erase you now…”

Then it started to kick in.

Once again, he awed us with his flexible body movement.

He’s a guy

How the hell he can be as flexible as a woman?

Even I’m not flexible as him.

Suddenly I remembered Taemin hitting my head because I’m not flexible as him.

So I think of all the pain you’ve given me. Try to look at the damage you’ve done to me. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t figure out why. I keep thinking bout how sweet you used to be…

Yikes… why are the lyrics were almost similar of what happen to me now?

“Gave me two different tears after all this years. Tears of joy, tears of pain, like sunshine and rain. So I hate you, but the love you gave me was so good. So I love you but the pain you gave me was so so bad…”

The song end there but were replace by,

I’ll be back, you’re going to look for me again. I’ll come back then. Because there is no one who can love you as much as I do…”

Donghae started to shuffle up as 2PM’s I’ll be back original dance step choreographer.

ELF were shouting like mad and I think I’m going to need to see my family’s doctor today after this competition.

I think I’m going to be deaf…

SHAWOL who like Donghae pretended to faint while the rest of the SHAWOLS were booing.

What do I do if you’re like this all of a sudden? How can you be like this, I believed you when you said you would love me forever. You promised me, we would never change, we were definitely meant to be. We were definitely meant for each other. That’s what you said…”

And the chorus is in and donghae started to heat up more spirit to shout his name,

I’ll be back, you’re going to look for me again. I’ll come back then. Because there is no one who can love you as much as I do… You’ll be back, you’re going to come back to me, that’s why I know it, you can’t live without me, I’ll be back…”

Donghae stop dancing and look at Key hard.

Key didn’t even flinch at his stare.

Instead, he smirked at him.

Then the next song came in.

It was Hurricane Venus by Boa.

Again, Key struck us with his flexible and gentle body movement.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, hurricane, oh, oh, oh, venus, oh, oh, oh, oh, hurricane, oh, oh, oh, venus… If you provoke me, I’ll definitely devour you. As if hit by a huge raging storm, you can’t breath without rest. Oh, my secret alone that drags you. Electronic, manic, supersonic, bionic energy...

He caught our attention with his swiftness.

Unlike Donghae, his moves are secure and not rushing.

The uneasy whirlpools are born in there. The strong shock that was veiled reaches for you... Oh, oh, electronic, manic, supersonic, bionic energy… Oh, oh, oh, oh, hurricane, oh, oh, oh, venus, Oh, oh, oh, oh, hurricane, oh, oh, oh, venus… flow, flow as it attacks. Flow, flow it wakes your body up. Hurri-hurri-hurricane ve-venus…

Key stop dancing and bow 90 degree with Donghae before walking back to the changing room.

They were glaring at each other.

=.=

“Phew… Fantastic performances by SHINee’s Key and Super Junior’s Donghae. Turn the room’s temperature up, didn’t they?” Hyori unnie said, entering the stage.

The audience are all agreed seeing as they were all shouting and cheering excitingly and non-stop.

And we have the winner…

“Now… the moment we’ve been waiting for. Heechul and Taemin’s crossdressing!” Hyori unnie held up her hand toward two people that come out to the stage.

The crowds stop cheering for a while seeing their favorite students on stage dressing like a girl.

OH MY GOD…

Heechul was wearing a pinky dress with a really high, high heels.

He also was wearing fake long eyelashes, now that I look carefully.

He looks hell lot like a girl!

And when he walks, OH MY GOD…

My attention turns into my ex-boyfriend.

Taemin…

He usually very shy after I get to know him…

But never blushing…

But today, his face was red.

I’m telling you, if I come across Taemin outside, I would’ve thought that he’s a very humble and kind schoolgirl.

Heechul is like an arrogant rich girl that thinks the whole world is hers.

Taemin is on the other side, looking humble.

“Let’s interview them, shall we?” Hyori unnie said, not surprise at their changes of appearance.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Heechul bow even before Hyori unnie said anything more. “My name is Kim Heenim (sorry, I couldn’t think of any names). I am 17 years old and currently studying at SM high school.”

“Okay…” Hyori unnie said, looking at me with ‘What the hell’ kinda look. “We’ll move on to-“

Again, Hyori unnie couldn’t said any further than that because Heechul suddenly interrupted her and said, “My hoobies is reading a really romantic novel and baking…”

“Okay… Now-“

“I also happen to be one of the most popular students in high school…” Heechul interrupted again.

“Right… Next is-“

“Not to mention, I also school’s debate representor…”

Hyori unnie look so pissed.

“And um-“ Heechul was interrupted by Hyori unnie saying, “CAN YOU STOP? We’ll move on to the other girl… Just cross your finger if you wanted to be chose which I think, YOU WON’T!”

Heechul look surprised by Hyori unnie sudden speech.

Serve you right.

You don’t wanna be messing around with my Hyori unnie when she’s mad.

“Right… We’ll move on to next contestant,” she said, getting grip of herself and looking at me with ‘DO NOT CHOOSE HIM OR I KILL YOU’ kinda look. “Tell us your name, hobbies, and your talent.”

Taemin look up for the first time.

OH MY GOD…

He looks like an angel…

“My name is Lee Taeyeon, and my hobbies is dancing and singing. My talent is popping which some kind of dancing, if you don’t know…”

“I know what popping is,” Hyori unnie said, looking flustered.

“I’m not referring that statement to you. I’m referring to her,” He looks at Heechul. “She looks at me with a look full of wonder,” Taemin said, joking and making us all laugh with his cold jokes.

Apparently, Heechul don’t take it as a joke.

Of course he won’t…

He stares at Taemin very hard and deep.

“Right… seeing as we’ve already seen your attitude and face expressions and manners and all, how bout we’ll see some of your talent?” Hyori unnie said, winking at the audience.

“My talents, has always been in debate,” said Heechul with sweet lie voice of him, clearly proud of himself.

“Uhuh… And you?” Hyori unnie ask Taemin, who was watching heechul with a confused expression.

CUTE!

“Popping… My talent is popping and in case you don’t know, it’s some kind of a dancing…” Taemin said calmly.

He even sounds like a girl…

“I know what bloody popping is!” Hyori unnie said impatiently.

“I’m not saying that to you… I’m saying that to ‘her’ ‘cause ‘she’s’ been gawking at me since I say the word popping,” Taemin said.

Heechul looks like he’d been slap right at his precious face before continue his glaring at Taemin.

“Right….” Hyori unnie said carefully, watching heechul who looks like a bomb who might explode at any time. “We’ll start with Taemin’s talent-“

“Why ‘she’s’ first?” Heechul said, cutting Hyori unnie once again.

“Let’s give someone who has the actual talent go first…” Hyori unnie said sarcastically making Heechul even madder.

And so, when some random song called Ring Ding Dong was aired (isn’t ding dong stand for bell?), Taemin start to show his moves.

Spectacular! That’s what every single person in the hall got in their heads. Even Heechul although he didn’t exactly shows it.

At the same time, I remembered how he danced in SHINee rebellion that looks like a looooooong time ago. And I thought, why couldn’t he danced this good at the time…