CHAPTER 11

SHAPES OF LOVE

 

11

“Congratulations on a very amazing performance!” Hyori unnie shouts, overly excited.

The crowd’s endless cheer making the temperature in the hall rose up.

Heechul’s face look so red, he could fry an egg there.

“Ehem…ehem!” Heechul cleared his throats to get Hyori unnie attention.

“What?” Hyori unnie said lazily.

“My turn now…” Heechul said.

“Erm… Fire away whatever you wanted to ask…” Hyori unnie waved her hand impatiently.

“Taemin-shii,” Taemin look when his name mentioned. “You used to like Luvly, am I right?” Heechul said, acting like he’s a prosecutor.

WHAT THE HELL?!

“Excuse me, ‘unnie’, I think I’m a girl…” Taemin said, turning red.

“Just answer my bloody question!” Heechul said out loud, mad.

Taemin hesitated before answered, “Yes… Why you asked?”
“Have you ever felt betrayed when you found out that Jonghyun ‘oppa’ fell for Luvly when you’re still dating her?” Heechul asked again, ignoring Taemin’s question.

DAMN YOU, KIM HEECHUL…

“Answer my bloody question first, then I’ll answer yours…” Taemin said rudely, feeling hot.

Tension flowed around the hall.

Heechul turn, facing Taemin and said, “I’m Cinderella Heenim, diva of this school, had just ask you a question, and I expect you to answer it…”

“Excuse me,” Key said, appearing from behind the stage. Everybody’s attention turns to Key and Heechul. “I believe that I, Almighty Kim Kibum, is the diva of this school and not some weird ‘girl’ like yourself.”

Oh uh… You don’t wanna mess with Key AT ALL…

“Pfftt… Please, what makes you think you’re the diva of this school?” Heechul said, making Key mad even more.

“What makes you think you are?” Key attacked him back.

“Well first, I’m not weak like you… Remember the incident at the Culture Society meeting room?” Key’s eyes flashed with anger. “I’m sure you do… Second, I’m much older than you. Third, I’m much more experience than you… Fourth, I’m the diva here before you came along and ruining everything!” Heechul shouts.

Jeesh… Who would’ve thought just because of this Diva thingy, boys like them would die for it, and in this case, fight?

Key looked back at Heechul who was breathing heavily like a rhino before said calmly, “Are you finished? Well first, I am weak and I do admit that but, at least, my taste in fashion are a lot more higher than you... could you combine colors like pink and grass green together? I don’t think so…” Key smirked. “Second of all, are you scared that just because I’m younger than you, I’ll get more influenced? Huh… You’re probably right… I might get more influence than you because I am not an idiot like you. Thirdly, experience in what?” Key raises his eyebrow. “In a stupidity category? And fourth, me, ruining everything? I believe that you’re the one who had lost your connections in this school ever since you LOST in inter-state debate last year,” Key said, feeling satisfied that he’d kick Heechul’s .

*sorry for the bad word…

Heechul look furious when he said, “I didn’t lose… I was involved in an accident! I had to withdraw from it!”

“Still… you’ve lost, haven’t you?” Key said, firing up Heechul. “And you called yourself King of Debate… Pfftt… Don’t make jokes around here…”

Okay… Heechul is going to punch him if I didn’t do something.

And I did, “KIM HEECHUL!” I said out loud and clear. “YOU ARE ELIMINATED FROM THIS COMPETITION!” I yelled.

Key sneered at Heechul who look at me with horror.

Taemin had gone backstage, changing into his clothes back.

“YOU CANNOT DO THAT! WHAT DID I DO?!” Heechul shouts.

I look at Heechul back, disbelief before I finally said, “Did you just ask me back what’ve you done? YOU’D PROVOKE AND ALMOST KNOCK HIM OUT IF DON’T STOP YOU!” I point to Key who was watching Heechul with disgust.

“Well, as you said it, ALMOST… I haven’t punched him yet,” Heechul said, making excuses.

I glare at him before he flees backstage, whimpering I guess.

Key went backstage not long after and Hyori unnie take the stage once more and said, “Okay… We’ll continue with our last contestants, Minho and Hyukie!”

They both appeared on stage, glaring and gawking at each other.

A familiar song is in and Minho took the rap part to himself.

It was U-kiss’ Shut Up.

Yea, this is how it goes. Here we go again, Let’s do it… Hey yo, check the way you speak and the way you sound, being like a freak, invading my soul. I don’t like you girl you pissin me off, I’m tired and sick of you, creak, creak, creak, creak, I, I, creak, creak, creak, creak, creaking… Oppa’s really tired of you, you, you, you, you’re really too much, disappear, hurry and leave, disappear, leave my sight, get away, leave me. No more lies, get out! (Shut out!) get off (Shut off!) shut up!” Minho finished his storming rap with a wink, specially for Leena but the whole SHAWOLS were screaming excitedly.

Hyukie just sneered at Minho before he rap the next song, I’ll be back by 2PM.

Listen baby girl, fine, I will turn away for you, I will coolly let you go like a man and I won’t bother you, silently from behind you, I will stand silently behind you, I will stand silent as the grave, looking at you from afar without you knowing, very far away, so that you will completely forget my existence UH~” He look at Leena while continue,

But you better know that I’m not giving you away. Will I ever stop waiting, no way, It’ll be the same in my world, I’m your boy, you’re my girl, I’m letting you go for a bit, but you will come back again, I know, so don’t worry, when you collapse, I’ll be back…”

Right before the next song is in, he said to Minho, without realising (or maybe he did) we could hear him, “You will never win because you were never good for her at the first place…”

It had pissed Minho off because he suddenly sprint toward Hyukie and punch him.

All of us watch in horror and shocked the two of them fight.

Blood were coming out of Hyukie’s nose and mouth.

Yet, he’s still smiling wide when he said, “Getting angry here are we?”

Minho punched him again and shouts angrily, “YOU TAKE THAT BACK, YOU LITTLE BASTARD!” He didn’t give Hyukie any chance to say anything but keep on punching him.

The rest of Suju and SHINee appeared from behind the stage and tried to break them off.

Almost half of the audiences were sobbing.

Leena was struck by what had happen in front of her eyes.

Didn’t blame her, though…

“LET ME GET ‘IM!” Minho yelled while Onew and Jonghyun were struggling to hold him back.

Hyukie were sneering at Minho.

Yesung and Donghae were holding him side by side.

I got up from my seat and shriek, “STOP THIS CHILDISH FIGHT, THIS INSTANCE! LEE HYUKJAE! YOU WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM THIS COMPETITION FOR PROVOKING MINHO! CHOI MINHO! YOU ARE ELIMINATED FOR PUNCHING HYUKIE! YOU BOTH ARE ELIMINATED FROM THIS COMPETITION! NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!”

Minho stopped shouting and start gawking at Hyukie who is still sneering at him.

Sorry Minho, I had to eliminate you…

You’d punched him…

Mian~

Hyori unnie wait for all of them to disappear backstage before said, “And so, the competition will end here. The results will be out after a quick 20 minutes break. See y’ll 20 minutes from now…”

Everyone in the hall moved slowly toward the door while still talking about the fight.

I exchanged an eye contact with Hyori unnie and motioned her to take the still struck Leena to get some food at the cafeteria.

She nod and right after they left, I went backstage.

When I enter the changing room, Key and Heechul were on top of their lungs.

So does Donghae and Jonghyun.

THE HELL?!

“YOUR PRECIOUS HYUKIE START IT ALL! FROM THE VERY START, YOU KNOW DAMN WELL BOUT IT!” Jonghyun shouts to Donghae who replied, “SINCE IN DAMN WHEN?! MINHO TOOK SICA AWAY FROM HIM!”

“YOU ARE SO DAMN PRETENDER! THAT’S WHY PEOPLE HATED YOU!” Key shouts.

Heechul shouts back, “YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH BOUT MY STATUS AS A DIVA HERE IN THIS SCHOOL! YOU DON’T EVEN DESERVE IT!”

Now that I look properly, Onew was holding Minho and Yesung was holding Hyukie.

They were still trying to chop each other’s heads off.

“GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF HER!” Minho shouts, struggling to let go.

Whoa… Onew look hot with all the biceps and veins coming out.

Wait, what am I talking about?

I have a boyfriend for godsake…

“Fine, but I won’t promise that I wouldn’t keep my lips out of hers…” Hyukie said calmly.

Taemin and Leeteuk were at the corner, looking helplessly at the fight.

Taemin saw me and tried to give a smile.

I nod curtly at him before I walk out of the changing room.

I saw the fire extinguisher and took it before run back.

“ADMIT IT DONGHAE! YOU’RE A COWARD! YOU ALWAYS ARE! BUT YOU NEVER ADMIT IT!” Jjong shouts when I entered back.

“I’M NOT A COWARD! SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH BOUT ME BEING A COWARD! ‘CAUSE I’M NOT!” Donghae shouts, defending himself in a pathetic way.

“ARE YOU CALLING ME ?! DID YOU JUST CALL ME ?!” Key yelled.

“Let me see… WELL, MAYBE I AM!” Heechul yelled back.

“LET GO OF ME! IMMA KILL HIM!” Minho shouts.

“Come and get me, flower boy,” Hyukie said annoyingly.

Gosh, they didn’t even realise I’m here…

I motioned Taemin to move Leeteuk and himself out of the way.

He understood and once they were moved, I start firing around the fire extinguisher.

They stopped yelling and fighting and started to covering themselves.

Serve them right…

I told them not to fight…

But they still are…

 

20 MINUTES LATER

 

“Welcome back to SHINee-Suju Rebellion!” Hyori unnie shouts and the audience started cheering again. “Now,” Hyori unnie said and the whole hall went quiet. “You’ve watched your favorites students battle up their talents. And you’ve watched a few of them got eliminated from the competition. Right now, SHINee is leading by two points. Jonghyun and Taeminnie both won their category battles. Another points, and SHINee will win,” Hyori unnie said, eyeing the audience before go on saying, “But, if there’s tie, group with most votes from all of you here, will win… Now, may I ask the only judge of this competition, Shin Hyo Young or Luvly to come up here?”

Surprisingly, everyone clapped their hands when I got up from my place.

The boys were whistling while the girls were cheering.

“Alrighty then… Now, can I ask SHINee and Super Junior to come out here?” Hyori unnie said, once I’m standing right beside her.

The audience were shouting and cheering and screaming their bias’ names but stopped when SHINee and Suju appeared, all covered in white except Taemin who’s grinning and Leeteuk who’s holding on to a cane.

I grinned at their annoyed expressions.

Donghae and Hyukie were gawking at me.

Yesung and Heechul were staring at me.

Onew and Key were still in shocked.

Minho and Jonghyun expression were the worst.

They looked like they could eat me alive...

Sorry...

“Well, I don’t know what happen to them but whatever it is, i hope they solved it,” Hyori unnie said, saying it directly to me as though she knows I’m the one who did it. “May i ask Onew oppa and Yesung to come forward?”

Onew was the fastest.

He already stands right next to Hyori unnie who said, “Luvly? May we know the results of your judgement?”

“After a very careful and cautious step to choose one single winner between them,” i said nervously, afraid of their reactions. “Onew,” I said, addressing him. “You were really good... Your voice was harmonizing well with Key’s. But it is not originally your song... Yesung,” I said, bringing Yesung back to reality because he seems to wandering in another dimension. “Your song was so touchy, I almost cried,” I gave Taemin (who looks like he’s holding in laugh) a glare before continues, “And I think everyone here agreed that your song bring tears to them but, because of it is slow, I almost drifting to a fantasy world halfway throughout the song...”

Yesung’s faces changes.

So does Onew’s.

“And so, I decided to choose...” I said nervously.

Out of nowhere, a sound of drums rolling was being heard.

“I decided to choose,” ironicly, the drums stop rolling at the same time I said, “LEE JIN KI!”

Yesung, who is completely shocked, was watching Onew jumped like a mad person with big eyes.

Apparently, he thought Onew was an easy competition.

No, Onew’s vocal are much more powerful than his.

All shawols screams on top of their lungs.

“AND THIS MAKES SHINEE, OUR WINNER!” Hyori unnie shouts, joining in with the cheering.

Leena run toward Minho and hugged him.

Jonghyun was hugging me and Key.

Onew was hugging both Hyori unnie and Taeminnie.

Shawols jumping up like crazy.

Elfs all exchanged looks, looking flustered.

Suju were all looking devastated (except Leeteuk who smiles) and shocked.

Hyukie and Donghae left the hall first.

Followed by Yesung and Heechul...

Leeteuk stayed back long enough to congratulate SHINee.

He was always the nicest person.

 

THAT NIGHT...

CLOTHES WARDROBE AT THE TWINS HOUSE...

 

Leena, Hyori unnie and I were busy choosing on what to wear tonight.

Onew is going to treat us!

Hope there is no chicken involved though...

“Luvly...” Hyori unnie called.

“Mmm?” I hummed, without moving my eyes out of the choice of tops in front of me.

“Between Donghae and Key with Heechul and Taemin, who would you choose as a winner? Honestly?”

I look around and saw her sitting on a floor with a blue top and white jacket on her laps.

“I would choose Key,” I said. “He’s not too rushing like Donghae. His dance was smooth too... But, between Taemin and Heechul, I’ll choose Heechul...”

“BWAH?!” Hyori unnie and Leena said out loud, completely shocked...

“Well, Taemin is cute... But Heechul is yeoppo... If he’s not too annoying,” I shrugged before left the wardrobe, heading to my own room.

*LEENA POV

“You’re not falling for it?” I said to Hyori unnie after Luvly left.

“What do you think?” Hyori unnie said, looking up at me. “Think she still in love with him?” she said, after a short pause.

“She’s being secretive about this,” I shrugged, joining her sitting on the floor. “Always changes the topic whenever I tried to talk about it with her...”

“Why exactly did she chose Jonghyun instead of Taemin?” Hyori unnie asked.

“Not sure, really... Maybe she was just trying to get over Taemin. It’s painful enough to see her going through stuff what more, experiencing it...” I answered. “Oh ya, speaking of which,” I said. “Did I mention that Jae Kyung and Min Jung-“

“The es?” Hyori unnie asked.

“Yeah... Did I mention to you that they were suspended for their serious prank on Luvly? Key told Mrs Lee bout them,” I said to Hyori unnie, answering her question mark on her face. Then I continue, “But then, because it is humiliating enough for them to go through with all of that, they quit school... And were transfered to one of the private school somewhere in Seoul...”

“Huh...” Hyori unnie said. “I’ll go talk to Luvly,” she said again, after a short pause.

“Good luck,” I said, a moment later.

I glance at my watch before I realised, I’d better hurry or I’m going to be late!

Suddenly, I remembered Minho oppa’s kisses behind the stairs this evening right after the competition...

 

FLASHBACK SCENE...

FIRST YEAR CORRIDOR CLASSES...

 

Jonghyun oppa and Luvly were laughing at Key oppa who was commenting on Onew oppa and Taemin’s sense of style, again, when we walked past the stairs toward the second year classes.

All of a sudden, Minho took my hand and dragged me to the back of the stairs.

Without any words coming out from his mouth, his lips were already against mine.

His kiss was so passionate, I felt like flying.

Honestly, he had never kissed me like this before.

He had stunned me 100 percent…

He broke the kiss and let me gasping for air before whispered to my ears, “Saranghaeyo…”

 

CLOSET

*LUVLY POV

 

“Taemin is cute but Heechul is yeoppo…” I shrugged before left the closet, headed to my own room.

Really, I thought, is it true?

Is Heechul really that yeoppo?

Or is it me the one who didn’t choose Taemin because…

Because…

Because…

Because I still have feelings for him?

YAH SHIN HYO YOUNG!

YOU ARE SO DAMN STUPID!

HOW CAN YOU LOVE TWO PEOPLE AT ONCE?!

That’s not love…

If it’s not love then…

What is it?

I sat down on my bed, thinking about Taemin’s cuteness and his aeygo everytime he used take me out to see beautiful place that come up in his mind…

And about Jonghyun’s love songs and words that just make me fly and wandered in my own trains of thoughts when someone knocked a few times on my door, breaking my own self-fight.

“Come in,” I said, tried to sound as calm as I can.

The door was opened and Hyori unnie entered in.

“May I sit?” she asked me.

“Sure,” I said, still trying to sound calm and smile as wide as I possibly can eventhough I was crying in my heart.

It obviously didn’t work because Hyori unnie suddenly asked, “What’s wrong with your face?”

It wash away smile from my face or what I thought was a smile.

“Nothing…” I shook, pretending to look at my own long fingers but I was actually looking at TAEMIN bracelet that tied on my wrist.

“Listen Luvly, I don’t like saying things that against another things and ending up talking about a different things-” Hyori unnie stopped.

“Do you know that you have such a unique way to give advice?” I told her after a short pause.

We laugh of what I just said before things suddenly got serious and she suddenly said, “Look at me… Do you love Jonghyun?”

I look at her like she’s some crazy women I met on street before said, “What kind of person who dates someone they don’t even love?”

“Hm… let me think… uh… you?” she replied.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pfftt…

I have no idea what the hell are you talking about.

Pfftt…

“Do you love Taemin?” Hyori unnie asked, like I never said anything.

Oh, wait…

I didn’t…

“No…” I said, avoiding her eyes.

“Really? Are you sure?” she asked for confirmation.

“I think I know my own feelings than you…” I replied.

“Take that bracelet off then,” she said expressionless.

“Mwo?” I said, thought I’ve misheard her.

“Take that TAEMIN bracelet off. If you don’t love him anymore, why do you want to wear it still?” Hyori unnie said.

“No,” I said firmly.

“Take-that-OFF!” Hyori unnie said, trying to force the bracelet from my wrist.

“NO! Get away from me!” I said, almost crying.

She was on my back, still trying to get her hands on the bracelet.

Finally, I burst into tears and she stopped.

“Now… I repeat… Do you still in love with Taemin?” Hyori unnie said, breathing heavily, watching me sitting curling up on my bed.

I nod nervously.

She sighed before said, “Why? Why did you lie to yourself? If you still love him, why the hell did you left him? Why do you wanna hurt yourself and him in that matter? It’s only going to make everything much worse if Jonghyun finds out. Especially after seeing how much he loves you…”

“If I-I-I do like this, the pain wo-would be less painful… And j-just li-like y-you said, his love for me making me feel bad bo-bout lying to him… Bu-but I didn’t mean too…” I said, sobbing.

“He’ll understand… He loves you… I’m sure he’ll understand…” Hyori unnie said, the back of my hair. “Do you love Jonghyun?”

“So much that I’m scared I’ll be hurting him that I love Taemin more…” I replied, still sobbing.

“Tell him the truth… Before he finds out himself,” Hyori unnie advised.

I shook my head a few times before said, “No… I cannot take that chance… I’m not that strong… I just can’t…”