Two awkward kids

Oblivious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Umji
"If you are oblivious to other people, chances are pretty good that you're going to hurt them" I remembered this quote by William Deresiewicz when I took glance at SinB unnie. A frown on her face and if looks could kill, the person she's looking at would probably be long gone by now. Following her gaze, I saw Yerin unnie hugging Yuju unnie. They are talking about i-don't-know-what while laughing and being sweet to each other. We just finished our mini concert and are standing on the stage talking to buddies. I'm not really good at talking or answering questions unlike Sowon unnie so I just observed them then answering questions when being asked. So being a friend that I am, I whispered to SinB unnie, "Yuju unnie might collapse right now." with a teasing tone and innocent smile. She withdraw her eyes from the duo only to direct it to me. Then mutter a "Whatever" with a fake smile. She then went to Sowon unnie and start a conversation with her. Gotcha.

We are now in the dorm and preparing to sleep but SinB unnie is still in the bathroom. Yerin unnie barged in with a sad expression. "Umji-si.." "Yes unnie?" "What happened to SinB-sii?" She asked. "What do you mean unnie?" I ask confused. "It's just that SinB-sii is acting weird after the event and when I went to hug her earlier she just shrug me off. I noticed that the last one she talked to is you, so... I thought maybe.. you knew something" She briefly explained. "Ahh. Before I answer you unnie let me ask you something. Why do you care so much? This is not the first time she ignored you right?" "No but it's different this time. I don't know. Did I do something?" She answered confuse why the younger one is acting that way. Seeing where this is going I said "You know what unnie if I were you, I will just ask her what's wrong. You two are close right? Maybe she's just tired." I saw her face lit up a little and said "Thanks Umji-sii. I'll talk to her." Then ran out of the room. "Goodluck Yerin unnie." I don't know if she heard me though. Those two...

Thinking about it, this happened ever so often. Getting jealous I mean. I remembered when we are performing Sunshine, SinB unnie and Yerin unnie being playful in the stage but when the latter went to do it with Sowon unnie and Eunha unnie the younger one can just smile. It didn't reached her eyes though. After that in the back stage, she just went to Yerin unnie and hug her. The older one being affectionate, return the hug of course. "Yah! Why is it that only the two of you are hugging??" Sowon unnie reacted. Then Yuju unnie just shouted "Group Hug!.". What a charming way to end a performance.

Reading is really my hobby but I'm enjoying observing those two. Not just their sweet moments but also their playful and awkward moments. They are just full of energy and the rest of us can't help but smile at their beagleness. They are the beagle team after all. Other people don't like SinB unnie because sometimes, she have her hard face on. It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter