Promise?

I Like You Not (Under Construction)

Two weeks later, Hayoung is still doing her usual routine. Quarreling with Minkyung in the morning, go to school, then go to the Son's thrice a week to take the extra lessons. Since Mr. Son rejected her request to stop the additional lesson, she have no choice other than to continue. Everything still stays pretty much the same, but there are some changes lately. She has greater will to study than she ever had in all her life as a student. How can she not? This is the first somebody has pushed her to reach better score, thing that even her parents never do. Like they ever care. Disappointing Mr. Son once is more than enough. She promised herself to get greater score in the next test. If she fails, then she won't eat her most ever favorite jjajangmyeon and samgyetang for a month.

That's why, she don't want to stop studying. She study hard in school, listening and taking notes of the teacher's explanation. She asked for more handouts and homeworks so she can do it at home. Then she'll ask Mr. Son the question she don't understand.

People around her started to notice her changes. Especially Minkyung. She never thought that one day the Oh-so carefree-Hayoung could change 180degrees like the one she saw right now. Hayoung is listening whole-heartedly (she can see it in her eyes), not dazing off like her usual self. They barely talk on lesson now, even at night. Usually they will call each other once in two or three days to talk about everything. Now, even when Minkyung calls, Hayoung will just talk for a while the she will said that she must study. Minkyung don't know if she should be happy or sad about Hayoung's change. But she choose to cheer for Hayoung no matter what happen, especially if it's for her bestfriend's good.

One night, when Hayoung was going home after a long day of school and extra lesson, Dongwoon came out running for her.

"Hayoung-ah."

"Eh--annyeong haseyo Dongwoon-ssi," Hayoung politely send him her greetings. She was shocked when Dongwoon called her so casually like that.

"Dongwoon-ssi? I thought we talked about dropping formalities already, haven't we?" He chuckled.

"Oh right. I'm sorry, Dongwoon-ah." Hayoung's face is all red right now. Thank goodness it's dark and there's no much lights outside. If not she'll go redder.

"Haha, that's okay. I hope you won't forget about it again," he smiled. It's Hayoung favorite smile. The very same smile on the first day they met.

"Oh, and this is for you," he gave her a book with Pororo and his friends on the front of it. Hayoung was too starstrucked that she don't even realize that he was taking something with him, and that he's wearing a different pair of sandals. She don't want to spoil the mood, so she keeps quiet about that.

"What's this?" "Just open it at home, hope it helps! And don't tell my dad. It's our secret, okay?" Dongwoon took out his pinky fingers, asking her to connect hers with his as a legit symbol of their promise.

She agreed. "Okay. Whatever this is, I thank you in advance, Dongwoon....-ah."

When she arrived at home, she quickly went to her room and open the Pororo book. Once she opened it, her tears start to flow. In there, lies the formulas that are hard for her to master on. It's so colorful with special red boxes filled with detailed explaination about the formula. The formulas that she have mastered was put in the back with funny doodles like "Don't forget me.", "Don't look on me easily, I bite." and so on. In the last page, there's a handwritten letter.

 

Hayoung-ah.

This is for you. Study hard for the next test, okay!

In case you're wondering, I know which one is hard for you because I eavesdropped everytime you took the extra lesson with my father.

I hope you'll get perfect score for the test and never ever cry because of score again

And there will be special present if you passed this test, got it? Hwaiting~

                                                                                                                                                                  Dongwoonie

 

She's so touched. Super touched, if she may add. This makes her more determined to get great score. Another person she don't want to disappoint.

Usually, if things like this happen, the first person Hayoung look for will be Minkyung. She'll be super high and wouldn't stop babbling about it for days, even for weeks. But not this time. She herself wonder why. It's just that her heart told her that it's not yet the time to tell anyone about this. She's happy, yes. She's bewildered, yes. She thinks she has started to fall for this Dongwoon man? Yes. But telling Minkyung or anyone about this? No.

Not that she don't want Minkyung to know or what, it's just.... She's afraid. Afraid if these things is just a dream.

 

 


 

A/N

Heeeeiiiiii! So here's some update. Enjoy :)

Don't forget to comment and subscribe, keke.

It's ending so soon, btw.

Thank yoooouuuuuu! *throws kisses and hugs*