Doomed

I Like You Not (Under Construction)

Hayoung and Minkyung were chatting happily inside the crowded class. They talked comfortably as if they’re at their own house, as if there’s no other classmates who are buzzing like a bunch of bees.

And strangely, the buzzing stopped suddenly. But both Hayoung nor Minkyung realized it and keep on chatting and using some hand gestures to describe what they’re talking about.

“Oh Hayoung!” a low-bass voice called.

 Hayoung turns around to see who called her. Her expression immediately change. “Yes, Mr. Son?”

“Follow me.”

“N-n-ne..” Hayoung stuttered. Don’t tell me this will be about my grades.

Minkyung look at her empathically. She patted her back and wishes her goodluck. Then Hayoung followed her math teacher.

“Please take a seat.” he gestured her to take a seat.

“Ye-yes.”

“So, Ms. Oh, I’d like to discuss about your grades.”

Ooh damn it.

“If your score keep falling down like this, I’m afraid you will be repeating in the same level for next year,” He said that as he fixed his eyeglasses.

Okay, this is not good.

“What?! Hmm.. then what should I do to fix my score?”

“I’ve been thinking about this for some time, and all my thoughts keep coming to this idea.”

“What is it, professor?” Hayoung becoming more and more nervous, but she’s trying to stay calm.

“I’ll tutor you privately, in my home.”

“Y-yes?!” Hayoung almost jumped from her seat. "Is that allowed to do?"

He ignores her question. “We’ll start tomorrow, at 6.00PM. Do not be late. I will just tolerate 5 minutes. More than that I’ll double your homework, got it?”

“But..” she was going to argue about her schedule that she have prepared with Minkyung to do girls’ thing, shopping and go to salon. But when she saw the killer glare from Professor Son’s eyes, she can’t say other thing beside “Yes, Sir!”.

 

 


 

 

So.. here she is now, in the living room of Mr. Son’s house.

After sadly told Minkyung that she will have another thing to do, she felt a little bit sad. How can she not? After this there will be less play time, less time to chat and doing random things with Minkyung.

She sat silently at the prepared flipped table with a glass of hot tea and her math books. Mr. Son is inside, doing she don’t know what. It’s been 10 minutes since he gone, after just sitting for 5 minutes to teach her from the basic, which she forgot if she ever learnt that.

There’s a picture that caught her attention. A little boy, probably 4-5 years old, wearing a white singlet, shorts and shades. He was pouting and posed cutely with a finger gun on his right side. Aha! This must be Mr. Son’s son. Better take a picture now before it’s too late. I will show this to Minkyung tomorrow and we can laugh our heads off. The so-called Arabian prince, doing this lame pose? Puhahahahaha.

“Hayoung! Oh Hayoung! What happened to you?!” Mr. Son called.

“Ne? Hmm… I’m alright.” Hayoung smiled sheepishly and touched her hair with no reason. She just laughed with her hand gesture without she realizing, eventhough she remembered to keep her laugh unsound. Ah, that was embarrassing!

“Fine, let’s sit down.”

They started the lesson again, Mr. Son was seriously explaining about trigonometry, Hayoung keeps on scratching her head that was not itchy at all. She just….blank. She didn’t even understand the basic. After 10 minutes, she started to yawn. When she yawns, that means she is not interested at all. And when she didn’t interested, nothing will get in to her mind. After sometime that feels like years, she yawned widely right after Mr. Son closed his book.

“Today we’ll end it here. I can’t stand your yawns through out the lesson. Don’t forget to come here two days later, arrasso?”

“Yes, Mr—“ Hayoung stopped packing her things into her backpack. “TWO DAYS?”

“Yes, got problem with that? And if you yawns again, I’ll give you mountains of homework. Stop scratching your head and moving your legs, it’s annoying.”

“Bu.. but two days later is weekend, Mr. Son. Can’t we change it into ano—“

Before Hayoung can finish her protest, there was a knocking sound on the door, then the door opened. Someone appeared from that door. Someone familiar. “Abeoji, I’m home,” he bowed. Then he looked at Hayoung.

“Annyeong,” he waved. His eyes glinting. Hayoung starts to wonder whether it’s because of the lamp or that his eyes is beautiful.

Hayoung gasped.

“You… You’re…. That transfer student!” She stuttered.

“We’re classmate, Oh Hayoung-ssi,” he smiled sweetly. Hayoung forgot how to breathe.

“You don’t even recognize your own classmate?” Mr. Son asked amusedly. Usually his son is veeee~ry popular among girls, but this girl don’t know his son? That’s quite amazing.

Actually, when she entered the class this morning, she didn’t really understand the situation because she’s still half asleep, she just started to awake when the teacher separate her from Minkyung. She didn’t remember the transfer student’s name. If she at least remember his family name, she would’ve got the clue. She just ‘labeled’ him as ‘the handsome fallen angel that helped me from falling down.”. She didn’t even bother to re-asked his name, since she and Minkyung was talking about the novel that she just read. It was so romantic that Hayoung can’t think if anything else but want to experience that kind of love story. It was kinda tragic, yes. But it’s too sweet!

Okay, back to the topic.

Hayoung was too confused. She tried to complete the puzzle. “So you’re my new classmate and Mr. Son’s son?”

“Yes, I am. Why??”

“And you’re the so-called ‘Arabian Prince’?” Hayoung asked with blank expression.

“Ye—Yes?!” He looks so shocked after he realised what she said.

Wow, he really is handsome.

“Hayoung-sshi, are you okay?” Dongwoon asked.

He looks quite Arab though.

“Hayoung-ssi?” he looks worried.

She blinked before gaining her spirit back. “Ah, yeah, I’m okay.”

“Okay then, so I’ll see you two days later, Hayoung?”

As if hypnotized, she just quietly nods and after she done with her packing she said her goodbye then go straightly home. She needs to call Minkyung.

 


 

Dongwoon's POV

 

"Hayoung-sshi, are you okay?"

There she is, with her mong face again. This girl’s quite interesting, huh?

“Hayoung-ssi?” I asked again while waving my right hand in front of her face. I’m afraid she was possessed by some spirits. She looks like she could easily be gotten in to. Looks like my waving works, she started to blink her eyes again.

“Ah, yeah, I’m okay.”

Good, now she’s alive. She put her stuffs forcefully  into her backpack, and she looks mong again. She’s a little bit creepy.

Then she said with super small voice, “I’m going home now. Goodbye, goodnight!” then she bowed more than 90 degrees and run starting from the front door until the end of the alley.

 

 


a/n:

Hello dearest readers *waving waving*

finally I can post this! GYAHAHA >:)

it's been a while isn't it? Thankyou for your patience and support <3

Enjoy the update, and don't forget to tell me what you think!

Is it boring? Interesting? Any suggestion/request?

Leave it on the comment box, I'll be waiting :)

 

@shinsmile: Hello there! Thankyou :D haha yes she's not that fat. It's just so that Dongwoon can leave a deep impression on her.. Guess he would never such things to a girl, would he? :p