Care

I Like You Not (Under Construction)

 

“So tomorrow you’ll come to his house… AGAIN?!” Minkyung asked, no, shouted.

Hayoung just nods without looking at Minkyung. She’s eating her burger now with full concentration.

Minkyung hurriedly sit behind her. “So you’ll meet that Arabian Prince again?”

Again, Hayoung just gave her another nod as the answer.

“Okay then, goodluck dear!” Minkyung said happily. "But why your face is so sad when you're going to a super handsome man's house? You must feel so lucky that Mr. Son asked you to have private lesson at his house! No offense, but how I wish my grade is not so good at times like this.."

"Ya! Do you like that 'handsome man' so much? Don't you think about our hang out times that will be cut due to this extra lesson? No matter how handsome he is I think our friendship will always be the first priority, isn't it?" Hayoung feel a little bit offended and jealous because Minkyung did not think about her and think about that guy instead. Not that she love Minkyung that way, but she's a very loyal friend, so she hoped that her best friend will put her on first too.

Minkyung put a 'Oops' expression on her face, and tried to re-do her statement. "Aha, right! Too bad we’ll have less time to have some fun!"

Hayoung lifted her head up. “Whatever. I will study real hard and finish this private lesson soon!”.

 

 


 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Anybody there?" Hayoung asked into Mr. Son's house. She have pressed the bell button for times already, yet no one responded.

"ANNYEONGHASEYOOOOO!" Hayoung tried louder as she knock the the lock to the gate harder as her other hand pressing the bell violently. Still, no one answered.

She sat in front of the gate. Maybe Mr. Son is having an urgent meeting or sudden extra class that made him late to go home. She took out a novel from her bag. She's been reading that novel for times, yet she never got bored from reading it. Everytime she read it, she always feels the same curious feeling like her first time reading the book.

Without her realizing, the sky are getting darker. It was dark blue when a voice called her.

"Oh Hayoung-ssi?"

She looked up, just to find a sculpted face not far above her.

"Ah, yes?" Hayoung asked as she stand up. My, he's so handsome. As if he went out from a black and white sketch with perfect gradation.

"Are you waiting for my father?"

"Umm.. yes. Erm. Do you have any idea where he is?"

Dongwoon looked at her from hair to toe. She's still in her uniform, and she looked a little bit pale. "You came here directly from school?"

"Yes.. Why?"

"It's been 4 hours!" Dongwoon almost shouted. "Come quickly inside! I'll make you some food."

Before she could say anything, Dongwoon dragged her inside the house.

 

 


 

 

"Be prepared for one of the best dinner that you'll ever had!" Dongwoon said as he stirred the food in the pan.

Well, the food smells nice. Her stomach growled so loud. Hayoung just reply him with a faint smile. She patted her stomach which just made her face fell off her head.

"Just wait for a little while!" Dongwoon continue to cook while smiling and keep trying to get her into conversation. But Hayoung still look uncomfortable.

"Uhm.. Dongwoon-ssi."

"Hmm?"

"Will your father be home soon? Because I don't want to bother--"

"Stop talking about that, okay? For the fifth time I'm telling you, you're not bothering me. If you do, I won't be here cooking dinner for you."

"But I came here to study for my extra lesson, not to eat."

Shock expression passed through his face. Never happened before, a girl talk to him like that. Every girl he met fell over heels for him. They never say 'no' to him, because usually they're the one who do many things for him without him asking. But now.. He's making something for a girl for the first time, and that girl indicating that she don't really interested with it. As a man, it hurts his pride a little. But he quickly control himself and smiled.

"Well, I don't mean to be narcist or what, but my score is always number one, especially in math subject. I can help to teach you some things you haven't understand yet too."

"Yeah but--"

"It's okay," he said as he brought the food to the table. "Let's study while tasting my creation."

Hayoung didn't even move an inch. Not sure whether to come or not. She wanted to go and eat some, since it's not polite to just leave when the house owner have made food for you to eat. However, she just feels something is not right. Dongwoon came to her and dragged her (again) to the table. He pulled a chair for her to sit, then he sit beside her.

"Eat," he said with sparkling eyes.

Hayoung wonders why he is so excited about this. He made her Aglio Olio. He gulped her saliva. It is one of her favorite food ever! She took the fork he offered and start to curl the sphagetti.

"Omo, this is so delicious! You're such a genius!" Hayoung complimented him then eat happily. Dongwoon stares at her amazedly. She was so shy before, and now look how the food made her. She's all smiley-miley and even complimented him!

Not sure if it's because of her hungriness or she really loved the food he made her, she done with it in less than 5 minutes. Dongwoon clapped his hands.

"Well done! Looking at you eat, I could like it was filling my stomach too. I feel so full right now."

"Thank you so much, Dongwoon-ssi. I owe you for this!" Hayoung said reluctantly. Why must he be so perfect?

"Don't mention it.. But '-ssi'? Hmm.. Since you have ate the food I made, can you just drop the formality? Just call me 'Dongwoon'."

Hayoung stays still and just stare at him, not sure what to do.

Looking at her stiffened gesture, Dongwoon decided to do it first.

"Okay now. Let's study, Hayoung-ah."