Minkyung

I Like You Not (Under Construction)

Minkyung opened the door and the light of her room. She feels so tired, mentally and physically. She's been out for almost twelve good hours to accompany Dongwoon today.

She throws herself to her bed, and let out a long, tired sigh. It's still hard for her to believe what just happened. She silently cursed herself for being dumb. Not that she intended to betray Hayoung and get together with Dongwoon.

Dongwoon has always been so caring towards Minkyung, even before Hayoung started mentioning about him. He always greets Minkyung with that smiley face, helped her when she need to take some books from higher shelf in the library, and also accompanying her when Hayoung is absent. He's just... always there for her. She never expected herself to see him in a different way, other than a good friend, until Hayoung started to mention him, that way. Minkyung felt as if something was taken from her, maybe jealousy? She don't know.

But she decided to bury her feeling, because she never want to see her friend as a rival. Friendship is a sacred relationship, especially for someone like her. It is very hard for her to be friend with people. People always judge her, they're afraid to be close to her because they think that she's a cold and cocky girl. Actually she's a very warm and kind person, it's just that she's so shy, and afraid of people. Until Hayoung came and teach her that it is okay to be friend with people. That it is okay for people to judge, as they have rights to voice their own opinion. It is okay to show your self and start a conversation first. Even other people can see, Hayoung changed the "shy and cold" Minkyung to "outgoing and warm" Minkyung.

That's why she never thought this could happen at all. She don't want to mix her love life with her friendship. Especially Hayoung.. She never want to hurt her. That's why after she knew that Hayoung had some feelings towards Dongwoon, she told herself to stop and cheer for Hayoung. Of course she's jealous sometimes when Hayoung told her about Dongwoon. But she tried to shook them off.

Even Minkyung had declined Dongwoon's request to accompany him today. Her relationship with Hayoung is bad enough without she playing b*tch towards Hayoung. But Dongwoon keep on asking her to help him today. Yeah, help him to do something. That's why she agreed. But she can't help that there's a small part of her that cheers just at the thought of going out with Dongwoon.

But today.... She's sure that Hayoung would be mad at her and think that she's betraying her. She knows, that Hayoung was zoning out because of Dongwoon. She just knew. But she can't help to be angry to her too. Why is Hayoung hurting herself because of a boy, even ignoring Minkyung and looks like she lost her spirit to continue living? What did Dongwoon did to her? She's so curious. Not to mention a little jealous feeling that creeping inside her heart. And everything just exploded when Hayoung told her not to care anymore. How can she not care about Hayoung? And everything just ran out of her lips as if she mean it.

 

"So, that was the last time we talked. I just don't undertand why she suddenly hide herself from me.." Dongwoon let out a deep sigh. Finally, he feels a little bit better. He just told Minkyung everything. From the first day until the theme park day. This is the first time he spilled all his secret regarding Hayoung to anyone.

"Hmm, I wonder why she suddenly acted like that. Was she acting weird only in the car?" Minkyung asked before she continue to the her bubble tea. It reminds her of the happy times with Hayoung they spent here. They always buy the tea if they came here to play and shop around. She misses her so much.

Dongwoon thinks hard. "I think when we were in one of the rides, she also became silent suddenly," remembering how Hayoung suddenly zoned out and didn't seem to listen to him. She looked like she was so into whatever-she-was-thinking-about that time.

Then everything started to make sense. Now Dongwoon can draw an outline of what makes Hayoung becoming suddenly sad and running away from him. He tapped Minkyung's shoulders to call her. "I think I know-"

BANG.

A loud thud from the stationary area interrupted him. Then suddenly Minkyung was totally frozen with her eyes fixed to the place where the noise came from. Dongwoon followed her gaze, and soon his eyes grew wider.

"Oh. Ha. Young." Minkyung called.

"What are you doing here, Hayoung-ah?" Dongwoon asked with a nervous tone.

"Just sight-seeing. I'm bored at home," Hayoung tried to smile. "What are you guys doing? Hmm.. Let me guess. Dating?"

"No, we're just-" Dongwoon was trying to say something.

"Yes! Actually this is our first date." Minkyung said with blusing cheeks.

"I see. So, I guess I should be going then! Enjoy your date!" Hayoung tried to smile and wave happily. 

Dongwoon was going to run after Hayoung, but Minkyung catched his arm, preventing him to go. Dongwoon just can't hold it anymore.

"Why did you do that?" He almost shouted.

Minkyung stay silent.

"Kang Minkyung!"

"Sorry. I know I shouldn't have do that," Minkyung lowered her head.

Seeing her reaction, Dongwoon softened a little bit. "Minkyung, you clearly understand why we're here, and why we're meeting. How can you say such thing to her? She could get the wrong idea about us--"

"Let her get the wrong idea! So she will do something. If you don't push her, she will not realize what she's going to lost and take the chance! I know she likes you too, eventhough she haven't tell me anything lately, or maybe she hasn't realize it herself. I know the method is wrong, I am sorry for that. But I don't mean anything bad. Let's just hope that this can be a great push for her, okay?"

 

Minkyung wanted to hug Hayoung right away and comfort her, said sorry and everything. But she can't. At least, not now.

 


 

A/N:

Dear Readers whom I love~

Hello! Sorry for coming back so late. Here's an update for you :D 

I had a hard time writting this chapter, where Minkyung poured her truest thoughts. I hope you enjoy reading this!

Thank you for the encouraging comments. I am sorry for bering a bad author T_T 

Thank you for staying, eventhough I don't often.

Never hesitate to ask me if you have any question regarding the story, I'll be more than happy to answer it! Don't forget to comment and subscribe :D It really do give me a lot of idea to continue the story.

I love you guys SO MUCH <3

 

!Spoiler! The story is coming to an end soon!

 

 Much Love :))