Oh.

I Like You Not (Under Construction)

 

Thank goodness, the next day is Saturday. Since Saturday's holiday, Hayoung has a reason not to meet Minkyung.

Usually on Saturdays like this, she and Minykung will go to malls or cafes and spend their weekend together. Sometimes they'll go to a saloon to do manicure/pedicure together while gossiping about their classmate. And Hayoung feels empty thinking about it.

She have lost a boy that she finally likes, and now she lost her bestfriend too. No, this can't be like this. Minkyung is my friend, the best friend I'd ever had. This is wrong.

She's contemplating whether she should contact Minkyung or not. She's not in the mood to talk, and she afraid she'll dazed out again and disappoint Minkyung. Whatever, she thought. She then grabbed her phone and messaged Minkyung.

She waited and waited for 3 hours, but not a single reply come. She don't even read it.

Maybe she's busy. Maybe she's going somewhere with her mom and can't look at her phone. Or she left her phone and going somewhere? Hayoung tries to keep her positive mind. Then she decided to go out to get some fresh air, wishing that it could wash away her cloudy mind.

 

 


 

 

The M mall in Seoul was packed with people. Groups of families and friends could be seen everywhere. There are lots of couples too. Hayoung can't help but cringe everytime some of them becoming intimate with their boy/girlfriends. But she can't blame them. It's Saturday. Or how she usually call it, datingday. She just let out a sigh.

She went alone that day, to the mall where she and Minkyung often go to. Maybe I could meet her here? She thought. Or maybe notShe's still angry with me anyway. Hayoung sighed.

She just walked aimlessly, coming close everytime she found a cute stuff, and her mind always get back to one person, Minkyung. They always look at these kind of things together, spazzed together like two crazy girls, laughing everywhere, don't care about where they are and how they invited some unwanted attention due to their loud laughs. They're too used to it that they don't pay attention to it anymore. They don't try to lower they volume nor cover they mouth and bowed sorry. They enjoyed being with each other much more than anything. Just like two people having their own world. It's a fact, s greasy as it heard.

And now, being alone, Hayoung felt lonelier than ever. After she met Minkyung, never once in her life she gone to shop alone, unless it's urgent or if one of them really can't come.

She decided to go to buy the milktea that she and Minkyung often come with. She LOVES milktea. Minkyung isn't as maniac as Hayoung, but she will buy once or twice while accompanying Hayoung there. She can drink two bottle of egg-pudding milktea per serving, especially when she's in need of moodbooster. But not today, she even just bought the regular cup, not the large one. She don't even understand how can betray her when she's so in the mood to drink it. She just said that without she knowing and when she realized she bought the regular-sized cup she's already one floor above the milktea booth.

She don't know what to do anymore, but she don't want to go home too. Going home will make her think of how her friendship is in danger right now, and she have no idea how to solve it without hurting someone. She continue to walk while sight-seeing in a stationary shop until she saw a familiar figure walking by.

That girl's smiling. Her smile is blazing with a pair of deep dimples. She's wearing a one piece dress that reveals her slim long legs, with a ponytail and a cup of the milktea booth she just bought. Right beside her is a handsome man with a casual white t-shirt and jeans, but it didn't make his handsomeness becoming less even a bit.

Minkyung, with Dongwoon beside her.

Her heart broke down. Even just by listening to Mikyung's story, her poor heart had a hard time to adjust, but now she personally see it herself. She can not hold the flush of emotions that suddenly appear inside herself, she ducked her head down, trying to hide herself behind the book shelves.

No matter how hurt her heart is, she can't erase the fact that they're a match made in heaven. The boy's handsomeness was inhuman, so as the girls' beauty. How can someone like me interfere that pretty picture?  Even other people turns their heads when both of them walked by. This not because of their loud laughs or anything, they was just speaking comfortably, and sometimes look at each other with such a loving gaze. It's their beauty and shining aura that invites people's attention.

Hayoung's eyes was too focused on them that she accidentally pushed one of the metal pencil box and it feel down with a loud BANG.

Oh great. Hayoung cursed herself.

 

 


 

 

"Oh Hayoung." Minkyung asked, but it sounds like a statement.

"What are you doing here, Hayoung-ah?" Dongwoon asked with a nervous tone.

"Just sight-seeing. I'm bored at home," Hayoung tried to smile. "What are you guys doing? Hmm.. Let me guess. Dating?"

"No, we're just-" Dongwoon was trying to say something.

"Yes! Actually this is our first date." Minkyung said with blusing cheeks. Ohmy, she's blusing! THE ICE PRINCESS KANG MINKYUNG IS BLUSHING. Hayoung can't believe her eyes. Suddenly she feel nauseaous. She can't hold this anymore.

"I see. So, I guess I should be going then! Enjoy your date!" Hayoung tried to smile and wave happily. 

Right after she turn back, stream of tears start to fall down. She don't have the heart to watch that scene, nor to imagine putting herself between them, how can I destroy the perfect picture? It's her mistake, not telling Minkyung how she felt about Dongwoon. It's her fault, always dodge away from her feelings for Dongwoon. She don't blame nor hate Minkyung about this. She's just, not ready to lose him. Or them. She tries to wipe away the endless tears.

They look so happy, I must be happy too.

With that thought, she start to walk, away from the two person she cherish the most.

 


 

a/n:

Hello! So sorry for not updating in centuries T_T

I've been kinda busy, and experienced another writer's-block (?) period.

Many things happened during the time I'm not updating, and I just don't have the mood to write T_T

 

But today,

*drumrolls*

HERE'S AN UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS ;)

 

I hope you guys enjoy this, and I hope I can post the update soon! (Sooner than the delay for this chapter, I hope.)

 

Oh, and happy (late) new year!!

Thankyou for staying with me with this story, eventhough I'm such a bad author :')

 

Don't forget to comment!!! And subscribe ^^

 

I love you guys XX

Let's spend another year together <3