The First Meeting

I Like You Not (Under Construction)

 

“Minkyung ya! Are you done yet? Hurry up! We’re gonna late again if you keep spending almost two hours for your make-up!” Hayoung was busy tying up her shoes outside their rented apartment. It’s middle-classed apartment, not wide and it’s the ‘you can talk to your neighbor through the wall’ type of apartment. Imagine when someone shouted in that kind of place. It’ll be like an alarm for their whole block, isn’t it; since she always shout at the same time each morning.

From the inside of Minkyung’s room, heard ‘thud’ sound for a few times. Ah, she must drop those boxes again! Hayoung thought inside. You’ll tidy that up, missy. I won’t help you, she promised to herself. “YEEEEEESSSSS, GIVE ME A SECOND!” Minkyung shouted her lung out.

Hayoung counted until five, but that girl still haven’t out yet. She can take it no more. She inhaled deeply....

“MINKYUNG YAAAAA!”

“YEEEEESS! Can’t you wait just for a while? You’re like an old ahjumma that always grumbling non-stop. I just said— “

Hayoung can’t listen too Minkyung’s words anymore, because she just slipped when she took her right foot up to put on shoes to it. She prepared for the bad landing since she fell frontward and thought that she will kiss the floor. She closed her eyes tightly. But the weird thing is, she didn’t feel that cool flat ground against her face. Someone pulled her backward and cath her in his strong arms. She thought she’s flying.

“Are…. you okay?” said a bass voice.

Hayoung opened her eyes slowly. Then blinked few times before she open her eyes widely. She found a very handsome man looking at her. His pointed nose and his deep eyes plus his y skin tone awed her so much. Is he a foreigner? He didn't look much Korean, but he spoke Korean quite well.. she tought. Hayoung can feel her heart was thumping so hard, since his face is so near with hers.

“Excuse me, are you alright? My hands starting to tremble here,” his voice clearly shows that he’s annoyed.

“Ehm, yeah, yeah I’m okay," she quickly stabilizes herself and tidy her long hair.

“Sorry for saying this, but you should go on a diet,” he said to Hayoung who’s still in daze.

"Eh?" WHAT?! DIET?!

"Are you okay?"

"Ye...yes, I'm fine."

"Next time, becareful, 'kay?" as he said that, he gently her hair then walk pass by.

Hayoung was still in her position, as if the earth pinned her there.

"Hayoung? Hayoung-ah! I'm done! Let's— are you all right?" Minkyung asked worrily as she saw her best friend have a blank expression on her face. Then she waved her hand in front of Hayoung's face. "Did you just seen a ghost? What's with your expression?"

"No, not a ghost. I just met an angel," Hayoung said dreamily. Then suddenly she realized something. "A weird angel that told me to go on a diet."

 


 

“Miss Oh! It’s been the nth time you guys came late to school, I can’t even count it anymorel!! And Miss Kang, how can you late for school? Tell me, what’s the matter? Did you guys need to do morning part-time jobs?” asked Mr. Kim, the strictest teacher in their school.

Both of them shakes their head.

“Then? You guys just simply want to make us teachers suffer more?”

They didn’t nod nor shake their head. How can he know what they're thinking?

The teacher looks like he almost cried. “We’ve given you all kind of punishment, Miss Oh! Why are you keep being like this? I can’t take it anymore!”

He turns to Minkyung that was showing flat face and talked gently, “And Miss Kang, you can’t keep coming late. It will not look good on your semester report.” Then he turned back to Hayoung. “You heard that, Miss Oh?!”

Hayoung just keep shut. Yeah well, being discriminated right in front of her eyes isn’t a new thing for Hayoung. She lives like that everyday. Especially because her best friend is Kang Minkyung, the district’s primadonna. Everyone keep comparing Minkyung to her. How pretty Minkyung is, how good she’s in singing, how her body figure is every woman’s dream figure, and blah. She heard enough.

And she held back all the time, because Minkyung is her bestest friend, and she’s Minkyung’s best friend. Best friend don’t hate each other do they?

“Mr. Kim, can’t we just go in? If you keep scolding us we will lost more time!” Minkyung said in urgent tone and expression.

At first, Mr. Kim was reluctant to let them go. But at last he said, “Fine, go! GO! And don’t ever come late again! UNDERSTAND?!” he shouted because they ran so fast to the end of the corridor.

As expected, the power of Kang Minkyung.

 

 


a/n

HELLO.

So here's the first chapter. Is it interesting enough?

Hope you guys enjoy the update!

Please comment and don't forget to subscribe :)

I love comments and subscribers give me strength!! kkk

Thankyou~