Finding out

I Like You Not (Under Construction)

 

Without knowing, two weeks has passed since their 'fun' trip to the amusement park. That means, it's been 2 weeks too after their last contact.

Hayoung is the one who took the step back, creating distance between them. She always turns back whenever she met Dongwoon in the hallway. She never attended her private tutoring session at Mr. Son's house anymore. Even if she come, she make sure that Dongwoon is not around. She choose the time where Dongwoon will have his language extra course at school and go home straightly before dark so that she won't meet Dongwoon, for extra class always ends at night.

She has succeeded so far. And she's sure that Dongwoon didn't even realize she disappeared. She's sure of it. How can she be so sure?

Because she heard about him everyday. What he's been up to, even the little unecessary things that didn't want to know, such as what did he ate, what time did he went home, what homeworks did he do eveyday. From what she heard, he seemed fine without her around. It's as if he's not even bothered by her absence.

No, she didn't ask someone to stalk him and report all about him to her. Nor did she tried to find out about him intentionally. But someone just can't stop talking about him everyday, eversince that very day. It kills her everytime, even just at the mention of his name. Especially when that certain someone said it in such a loving tone.

Hayoung wanted to cut that person's words everytime that someone said things about him. She had enough. She wants to get free from the heartbreak that she's been trying to bury inside her heart. And she can never let anybody finds out about it. Ever. But as if it's arranged, things happening always remind her of him.

She always cried every night to let go the emotions that she keep inside for the whole day long. She feel like breaking down at anytime, she can't take it no more. She's tired, she's hurt. But she can do nothing. She can't find a better way other than forget her feelings for Dongwoon and forget him.

Because she don't want to mess her friendship just because of a boy.

 

 


 

She was at her way from the toilet alone and was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't mind her way when she bumped into someone at her class' corridor.

"Sorry, are you-" that person stopped. "Hayoung?"

Hayoung looked up. Her pupils got larger and her heart beats much much faster than any normal hearts could do. She immediately lower her head. "Hi," she answered while looking down.

"Are you alright?" He asked in a deep tone. His eyes looking for her face, but she locked her face down.

"I'm alright. It's just a small bump anyway."

"No. Not that one, how are you these days?"

No answer.

"How can you just missing suddenly?"

Hayoung fixed her gaze to the concrete below her. She hates this. She hates to be confronted like this, especially when she can't say nor do anything to defend herself.

"I'm sorry, but I got to-"

"Go?" He cut her words. "So that you can avoid me again?"

Again, she fell into silence.

"Oh Hayoung. If I made any mistake, you could just told me, don't ignore me like this. I can't bear with it."

Hayoung just walk pass through him with all the strength she got and push his shoulder back. 2 hearts broke just from that little conversation.

What he don't know is, she can't hide her tears anymore.

What she don't know is, he later says "I missed you."

 


 

"Hayoung-ah? Are you listening?"

Hayoung just stared blankly. There she was, sitting at her chair, waiting for the class to start while 'chatting' with Minkyung. It's not even close to chatting. It's like Minkyung was doing a monologue in front of a manequinn.

"Hello? Earth to Hayoung?"

Hayoung blinked and quickly move her gaze to Minkyung from a random spot near the window.

"Finally. You're zoning out again."

"Sorry, Minkyung. I didn't meant to."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Minkyung-ah, I'm sorry, really am," Hayoung said with a sorry look.

"This always happen these days. You zoning out, then you're sorry. What happened to you, Hayoung? Is it that boring to listen to my story?" Minkyung's tone getting higher, typical the bossy person she is. "I've told you I'm all ears if you need someone to talk to," she said with a tired tone. Something must have happened, Minkyung knows. It's been more than a week. She just can't figure out what thing could take Hayoung's soul from her body. She used to be a cheerful girl. She never zoned out like this before. She always listen to her stories enthusiastically. She was not like this even when she was announced that she got the worst score for mathematics. She was.. a cool girl who takes everything easy. A great listener and speaker, a great buddy.

And she knows what Hayoung will reply. She can even lip-sync it together while Hayoung said it. "I'm fine, don't mind me."

"Fine, I really won't mind you anymore, if that's what you want," Minkyung said before she went back to her seat.

And she really don't mind Hayoung anymore. After the last bell signing that the school ended for that day, she really walks out alone, leaving Hayoung alone. Hayoung just stared at her. She don't blame her though. She then walks home by herself.

At night, there are no more girl's talk time on phone. Usually Minkyung will chat her right after she got home, and the same goes for Hayoung. They will keep talking about random things on chat, then called each other when they have no tasks to submit the next day. But that day, not even a single message from Minkyung came.

Will it be better this way?

Hayoung just let out a desperate sigh and turned off the lamp.

 

 


 

A/N:

Hello *wave wave*

here's an update!

Do you get the big secret that broke Hayoung heart there?? I'm afraid I confused you :o

 

Enjoy, don't forget to subscribe and comment.

It really gives me strength and a great flow of idea :D

thankssss!!!!! :)