In this? Really?

Accidentally Pregnant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“… And she was like, where’s my sweet potato ice cream,”

 

A loud laugh echoes from one of the private rooms inside a Japanese restaurant when Sana tells a story about Mina’s changing hormones.

 

They must admit Sana’s story about Mina’s hormones is funny.

 

Mina just rolls her eyes at the father of her Tzuyu. She is happy as Sana seems to get along with her family.

 

Kai had been laughing at the stories of Sana. He even shared his own experience about pregnant hormones during Hana’s pregnancy to both of her daughters.

 

And Jeongyeon would also add. Even Momo has her own stories about her incoherent hormones during pregnancy.

 

And as surprising as it is.  So as Hana has things to say.

 

Mina holds on her tummy, Tzuyu is going to have a fruitful life because she will have these people loving her. That includes the four-weird people in Sana’s life.

 

Maybe it is the hormones again, but she is sure she feels sentimental right now.

 

Jeongyeon looks at her phone that buzzed.

 

Momo eyes who it is.

 

Her wife sees the curiosity, so she reads the message.

 

“Looks like the kids are having fun as well,” She shows the picture of Dahyun and Chaeyoung painting a shirt.

 

“You are talking to the new babysitter?” Momo sounds territorial.

 

To be honest she does not know who is the babysitter that Jeongyeon hired. She sounds suspicious none of the babysitters ever sent a photo to them just to update them on their daughters’ whereabouts.

 

Not that it is a bad thing, to put it in sense. It is actually better. They would know what their daughters are doing and if they are safe or what so ever.

 

“Yeah, I finally hired someone the both of them love,” Jeongyeon says nonchalantly.

 

Momo nods slowly. She is very suspicious because it is VERY unusual.

 

“So, Mina, have you told work about your current situation? I hope I wasn’t the last one to know about it,” Kai directs her daughter.

 

It is intended to be a pun. Well, everyone knows that but somehow Mina feels bad not telling her father directly about it. She should have told her father than her mother. Surely, Kai would be this understanding.

 

“No, not yet. I don’t think I have to. I mean It’s illegal for them to fire me over it. And I get insurance and other benefits so, yeah,” Mina explains briefly.

 

To be honest it is not necessary for her to quit her job. She is sure that there are a number of things that need to be considered when she gave birth.

 

And as blunt as it sounds. She is sure that Sana has no money to pay the hospital bills or even buy her medicine and vitamins for the baby.  Even milk for Tzuyu.

 

Mina even pays for her own checkup and vitamins. So as the food to serve in the model’s lair just so she can eat healthy food.

 

She can always ask help from her parents and the Yoos but it will hurt her pride. She is indeed a freeloader, but she does not intend to be like that forever, and she does not intend for Tzuyu to be a freeloader or a bum.

 

Mina wants for Tzuyu to dream and achieve it with hard work and perseverance. It could be a long wait to go but that excites Mina. She wants her to be an independent woman.

 

She has a lot of dreams for her unborn child.

 

And sadly, following Sana’s motto may not be the key for that.

 

“I think it is a smart move,” Kai says proudly.

 

He is very proud of having two beautiful daughters who are able to make decisions for themselves.

 

Hana rolls her eyes in disapproval. In a traditional Japanese family, the woman in the relationship should be taking care of the family.  And it is very unfortunate for Mina as she thinks that her daughter would play both roles.

 

“Isn’t it weird though, you know, when you have a kid, all your dreams and hopes go right out of the window?” Jeongyeon asks nonchalantly.

 

She is obviously pertaining to Mina. The girl has such high hopes and dreams for herself.

 

But to Momo, she thinks Jeongyeon is speaking her unconscious mind. It is not only Jeongyeon who had her youth taken out of her. Momo too. She did not expect to be a mother during her teenage years.

 

The time where she is supposed to find herself and start dreaming big.

 

So, she takes Jeongyeon’s question negatively.

 

“What changed for you? What went out of the window? You, technically do everything exactly,” Momo says out of feeling offended.

 

She wants to point it out. Because it wasn’t Jeongyeon who carried their two children for nine months. It wasn’t her who was looked down by people because she was pregnant at a very young age.

 

Momo feels like she sacrificed more than Jeongyeon when it comes to their family.

 

Everyone looks at them.

 

“Oh, no, no, don’t get me wrong. I love my children and I love our marriage, but just saying before any commitments or any, strings attached, won’t you want to explore yourself more, like go to places and discover the world, live in India, perhaps,”

 

Jeongyeon explains.

 

“You want to go to India? Go to India! Live there,” Momo rolls her eyes in annoyance.

 

“Do you want to go to India?” Asks Jeongyeon in consideration.

 

“No! You can go!” Momo answers enraged.

 

Jeongyeon feels awkward. She smiles awkwardly at the parents of her wife.

 

Kai laughs so hard. He finds the bickering of the two adorable.

 

Hana shakes her head in this petty wife that the young married couple has. But she could not complain anything about Jeongyeon.


She had the decency to marry Momo, then she is a great father to her daughters and topping all of it is that she is a very good provider.

 

So, Momo is least of her worries.

 

“I get what you mean,” Sana joins the conversation.

 

Everyone looks at her.

 

Momo rolls her eyes.

 

“Honestly, when I found out about,” Sana looks at Mina’s belly. Of course, she is talking about Tzuyu.

 

Mina furrows her brows.

 

“I had this flash of me driving a helicopter going to Osaka, busting through the other side of the world, shouting with open arms, that I am finally FREE, I kept thinking of that, escaping this whole thing,” Sana explains.

 

She says it jokingly, lightly considering the impact of the things that came out of .

 

Mina sent deathly glares to Sana in disbelief. She obviously got what Sana meant and it was offensive.

 

Kai and Jeongyeon somehow find humor in it. But the three women in his life found it displeasing. Well, Hana wished that Sana just did that. Escaping the pregnancy and did not try to even take responsibility because it is obvious that she could not.

 

Sana chuckles to Mina’s cute glares. Though, it is cute it is real.

 

“It was just a flash,” Sana defends her statement.

 

“What do you mean?” Mina sounds scary.

 

“Come on, we are family here, we can talk about our fears here,” Sana says looking at everyone.

 

Hana has had her poker face the whole time.

 

Kai seems very open-minded about the situation.

 

Momo looks annoyed.

 

Jeongyeon is attentively listening, this is interesting for her. She had the same thing before, but she had never spoken about it. Not even to Momo.

 

Mina gnashes her teeth in annoyance. Family? Does Sana even know what it means?

 

“If a Ryo Yoake came to you and asked you, “Mina-san, I have a pill for you to take, and you’d have one chance to change something in your life, what would you change?” Maybe you want to go back to that night and use protection, to avoid this, and you could have a better life,” Sana explains nonchalantly.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about, who the hell is Ryo Yoake?” Mina asks baffled.

 

“Ryo Yoake is a fictional character, he is part of a research group that develops pills for giving you second chance, well, the pill is different from the logic that I explained, but it is like you will be given a chance to time travel and you could correct one mistake or something like that, would you not do that?”

 

Sana asks seriously.

 

Momo and Hana shake their head in disapproval. But, Sana does have a point. It could have been easier if time travel does exist.

 

Mina feels aggravated by Sana’s question. The image of Tzuyu being a fetus flashbacks in her mind. If anything, that was the happiest day of her life.

 

“NO! I would never do that!” She answers vexed.

 

“I’m just saying hypothetically,” Sana shrugs her shoulder.

 

Jeongyeon laughs.

 

Hana keeps her poker face.

 

Momo lowers her shoulders. It makes her a bit regretful for Mina’s situation, but she understands her sister more than anything.

 

“Tell me Minari, why wouldn’t you do it? Why would you not to correct a mistake or an accident like that?” Kai asks a little seriously.

 

Mina can’t look at anyone in the table. It is a bit embarrassing, but she has no choice than to answer it.

 

“It is one of those things that started wrongly but has a greater ending,” Mina answers shortly.

 

Kai smiles.

 

Momo did too. She could not agree more with her sister. It could have unexpected, but truth is, Dahyun and Chaeyoung are the best things that ever happened to her.

 

They are her most prized procession.

 

Her happiness.

 

Her reason.

 

So even, if she would be asked to go back in time and do things all over again.


She will never omit the time when she fell in love with Jeongyeon and did the things they did to have Dahyun.

 

She will relive it over and over again.

 

And be happy and satisfied with her two cute babies.

 

Sana looks at Mina.

 

She feels stupid saying the words she said. Who is she kidding? Mina is the best thing that ever happened in her life and having Tzuyu could be the ‘bestest’ thing.

 

She holds on Mina’s hand as her apologies.

 

But Mina remains cold.

 

Kai decides to change the topic.

 

And as time flies they have wrapped everything.

 

Sana goes home alone that night. It is weird to go alone this time, but Mina’s parents insist for Mina to stay in Momo’s house.

 

Mina agreed.

 

Mina is inside her home by Momo’s backyard.

 

She looks at her phone as it buzzed. There is a message from Sana saying that she got home safely.

 

Mina reads it and puts her phone back on her side table. The events from earlier come back in her mind.

 

Sana wanted to escape this whole scenario comes back.

 

Somehow that hurts Mina.

 

“Are you asleep?”

 

Mina looks up from her door. She sees her mother.

 

Oh Yes, her mother! Hana has been really quiet the whole time. That surprised Mina. Hana normally has a lot of things to say especially knowing that Sana is really what was described in their conversations.

 

A penniless bum.

 

Mina sits up.

 

Hana moves to Mina’s bed. She sits before holding her daughter’s hand.

 

Mina isn’t saying anything.

 

“Sana is funny,” Hana opens up.

 

Mina looks at her mother.

 

“She is,”

 

There is a moment of silence.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter