In Desperation and Friendships

Accidentally Pregnant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my gosh!”

 

Sana huffs. She is looking at her passbook.

 

This is actually the first time that Sana ever saw her passbook with six zeroes before a single number. It has always been empty. Saving money wasn’t her thing or even taking care of the future. She hated to even think of what she was supposed to do an hour after drinking and partying but now? She is way past that. She has nothing to think about but the future that is ahead of her.

 

Her future child.

 

Her future wife.

 

And her future life.

 

She should have listened to her aunt when she sold their house in Osaka, that Sana should have saved some of the money for emergency purposes. Rather, she spent it all paying a college for a Master’s Degree she barely needed or give importance to. Then the rest is like gone forever.

 

She feels like she was a billionaire partying every night, paying drinks for strangers and buying hookers.

 

She slams her head on her desk.

 

“I only have three million won, how could this be enough to even pay Mina’s hospital bills,” She talks to herself.

 

If she does her math very well, she is saving one million won per month and the maximum she can save is five million won in the two more months coming before Mina would give birth. That will not be enough to even propose half half of them. She needs at least 7.5 million won in total.

 

“What should I do?!”

 

Sana wiggles her body in disappointment. She cannot ask money from her friends.

 

Nayeon is preparing for something big and somehow, Sana wants for Nayeon and Jihyo to end up together in that way.

 

Jisoo will sure taunt her if she asks money from the latter. And somehow, her pride is more important than completing her share.

 

How about Lisa? She had been out most of the days. That is not so Lisa. And thinking of the devil.

 

Lisa comes in a corporate wear.

 

“What’s wrong?” Lisa is very soft to all of them.

 

She could be the weirdest friend someone could have but she could also be the sweetest friend. She is the one who’ll be Sana’s forever wingman. She will be the one who would kill roaches for her friends. And she will have the funniest idea, but it works perfectly.


Sometimes, Sana would think that Lisa is really a genius.  Or maybe she is just too high.

 

“Where had you been?”

 

Sana asks trying to get her mind off from the existing problem.

 

Lisa looks around when she notices that the area is clear. Meaning, Nayeon, and Jihyo are having . And Jisoo is by the tub. She leans over to Sana’s ear and answered.

 

“Working,”

 

Sana’s eyes almost pop out of its sockets.

 

Sana might be one of the most irresponsible people in the world but Lisa tops that higher! Higher than the Eifel tower or any skyrocketing building ever built. Somehow, Lisa and working will never be compatible.

 

Even when they were doing their modeling gigs before Lisa would find a way to bum around or enjoy it like it’s a party. She had been living this type of lifestyle even before she met them. If anything, Lisa could be the one who influenced them.

 

“Que sera, sera,” that was the line that convinced Sana to just let things be. And Lisa was the one who said that to her three years ago.

 

That is why Sana could not stop herself from thinking out loud.

 

“WHY?!”

 

That is a little too loud. Sana could really be overacting most of the time.

 

“Shhh!”

 

Nayeon shushes them. She goes out of her shared room with Jihyo. She is sweating, and her hair is messy. Obviously, they did something that they had been doing all their lives.

 

Lisa is just thankful that Jisoo did not come out of the bathroom. Whenever she is doing her pampering tub dip. The music in her headphones could create an Earthquake.

 

“What the hell Sana, you know how hard it is to get Jihyo to sleep,” Nayeon complaints.

 

“Lisa is working,” Sana did not even mind Nayeon’s nag.

 

“WHA – “ before Nayeon could create a scene. Obviously, she had the same view about Lisa as Sana’s.

 

Lisa pulls the two into her room.

 

Her sacred, mysterious room that only Jisoo had the liberty to enter.

 

“OH MY GOSH,” Nayeon and Sana react in shock.

 

The common area in their house is barely clean. Most of their trash is over there. And as they observe Lisa’s room. It is spotless.


Painted in white.

 

The bed is neatly done.

 

And she has her own fridge. For God’s sake! Lisa has her own fridge, then surely the cabinets are her stack of drugs or sweets.

 

There are bookshelves arranged in their decimals.

 

She even has an office table with an I Mac. How can Lisa even afford that?!

 

Then there is a corner of stuff toys, Pokemon stuff toys. That actually did not surprise them. Lisa is that childish anyway.

 

This room is very contrary to Lisa’s personality.

 

“What the hell, How can you bring a fridge in your room without us noticing it?!”

 

Out of all the surprising thing, they discovered about Lisa’s room they are more concerned about the fridge. Sana and Nayeon can mostly be like that.

 

“It’s easy, get you drunk,” Lisa explains briefly. She is shrugging the topic off.

 

“Why are you even working?!” Nayeon asks.

 

She just notices that Lisa has the cleanest room in all of them. Not to mention Lisa’s things are all high-end brands. Nayeon narrows her eyes. Could it be?

 

“Are you a ing princess in Thailand or anything?!” Sana asks with her ignorant remarks.

 

“Or are you a daughter of a Founder of a big company, like Facebook?” Nayeon joins Sana.

 

Mark Zuckerberg is too young to even have a 21-year-old daughter, what he had a kid when he was 11? Yeah, nice logic Nayeon.

 

Lisa lowers her shoulder, she must be very influential in their lives. Even her ignorant remarks were mimicked by these two.

 

“Okay, 1, I am not the princess of Thailand two, Mark Zuckerberg is too young to be my father, and lastly, I am working because…” Lisa stops.

 

She looks at the two people in front of her. She is too serious and a bit mellow dramatic with that stance.

 

Sana and Nayeon look at her weirdly.

 

“Because I was like it, they started working too, I should find a life and I want to help Sana, I mean it is like rent day, but we need more time to finally get over it,”

 

Didn’t they say that Lisa is the sweetest? She is.

 

Nayeon and Sana look at her affectionately.

 

And they squeeze her in between them. They are taunting Lisa’s statement.

 

Now, Lisa is regretting she even talks that way to these two.

 

She is being pampered and praised with sweet nothings that Lisa barely likes.

 

“You are so sweet,”

 

“You are so adorbs,”

 

When did her savage friends learn those words? Love can make a fool of someone surely. They even kissed her cheeks.

 

“Aish, stop, kay?!” She protests.

 

Sana ending up ruffling her hair.

 

“That’s cool Lis, I mean, how about you? Like, what about your own savings if you’d let me use it for Mina?” Sana worries.

 

“Que Sera, Sera,” answers Lisa smiling.

 

And Sana just melts.

 

“But, my saving isn’t that much honestly, I barely got a million,” Lisa confesses. She is scratching the back of her head.

 

“I have three million now, so a total of three-point something, I’d be really short,” Sana hits her head.

 

Lisa looks at Nayeon.

 

“I have two million, dudes, I mean, I just shopped for Jihyo last week to compensate the time I was out,  telling her mom sent money or something,” Nayeon confesses.

 

Now, the three of them look problematic.

 

Lisa lets out a loud breath.

 

Nayeon and Sana look at her. Did she just come up with a freaking idea or something?

 

“You asked, how I got these fancy stuff, right?” Lisa asks them hesitantly.

 

That caught Sana and Nayeon’s attention. They look at her troubled.

 

“No judgment, okay?”

 

The duo nods in synched.

 

“You know, I knew a girl from a party, and she introduced me to a part-time that pays really well, as in really really well, all you need to do is to attend parties, and come out from a cake, or be inventive,” Lisa explains.

 

Sana and Nayeon have a bad feeling about this. Of course, they will never judge Lisa.  

 

“Are you asking us to sell our bodies?!” Nayeon hugs herself.

 

Sana seems thinking in doing it.

 

“What?! No, it’s nothing related to giving such service, I mean, it could be but no or something, it is more of like entertaining the bored partners in their marriage, it is like making them feel better, not physically but emotionally or mentally, something like that, kay?”

 

“How much do they pay?” Sana asks seriously.

 

She can’t be this serious about biting in this poisonous apple that Lisa serves. In all fairness, Lisa has no intentions of involving her friends in this monkey business, she just happens to suggest it because of the spur of the moment and the time constraint that Sana has.


With the current savings, they have, even though the zero each account there is no way they can afford Mina’s labor.

 

“Around Five million per night,” Lisa answers. “I actually did it once and did not do it again, I know it is not dirty, but it was tiring to listen to their stories, and five million was enough for me,” She explains further.

 

“I’m in!” Sana says before processing everything. She seemed to desperate to even think of the possible outcomes.

 

Nayeon looks hesitant. She can easily talk to people, it is like it’s rent time but this time it is in an exclusive club with people looking for something. Deprived partners?

 

“We could do it once, I mean, I can give all my 5 million to you,  and if Nayeon agrees, you can lend her the money and we’ll forever bury this in our grave,” Lisa suggests.

 

Nayeon narrows her eyes. She looks at Sana pleading.

 

Sana has always been there for her since they were young. She was even the one who convinced Nayeon to get back with Jihyo when that thing happened in the past. She was the one who stopped Nayeon from ruining her life even more.

 

Sana was the one who helped her cope up in Japan when they were young but Sana never really complaints about anything, even though Nayeon knows the situation in their home when they were younger.

 

Sana was her pillar when she needed someone to lean on.

 

She was Nayeon’s sponge whenever she complaints about Jihyo’s everything. Well, Jihyo and Nayeon did not have a perfect relationship, they went through phases too. Any, how can Nayeon refuse in helping Sana.

 

When Sana never really wanted anything until now? Nayeon takes the deepest breath.

 

She smiles at her friends.

 

“One time, it is,” Nayeon says.

 

Both Lisa and Sana jump for joy.

 

 

 

 

 

Mina breathes in.

 

There is a disapproving shake of the head from her stylist.

 

So, Mina breathes in tucking her stomach. Maybe she forgot that no matter how much she tries to tuck her stomach in. It will never be the same when she wasn’t pregnant.

 

“Did you have a whole watermelon for lunch or something?”

 

Jiwon,  Mina’s stylist could not stop anymore.

 

Mina did not respond.

 

“Oh my gosh!” Jiwon realizes something. She looks at Mina in horror.

 

Mina closes her eyes. Maybe she can’t hide it anymore, she can’t hide it because it is obviously appearing already.

 

“Are you freakin’ pregnant, Mina?” Jiwon asks in a whisper.

 

Mina looks at another direction.

 

How could Jiwon not notice? She is Mina’s stylist since the girl started to this morning hosting thing. Though Mina’s part in the show does not expose her lower body. She still needs to look pretty.

 

“Oh my, no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter