Destiny

The Real Me

Ji Wook loved his new life.

 

He was late in the game but he strived hard to pursue law, having enough of the life dealing with criminals in the dark, although being a lawyer never entered his mind. If he wanted to get the rotten bastards in jail, a Prosecutor would definitely get it done.

 

His previous acquaintances would most likely laugh at him if they knew that he actually got himself involved with something he despised long ago, constantly cursing the unfairness of the law. He knew better now and it wasn't as if he was gonna return to his old life.

 

The sudden movement of the train made him grunt as he apologized to the girl beside him that he accidentally bumped into.

 

"Was it you?"

 

He briefly wondered if the girl was talking to him, the next person was a bit farther away and she was certainly looking at him eye to eye. "Excuse me?"

 

"i meet people like you once every 10 times on a subway." she faces him fully and greets him with a sarcastic tone. "It's nice to meet you."

 

"Have we met before? Do you know me?"

 

"Yes, i do know you very well. Thanks to you, i have a trauma with erts!"

 

Her loud accusatory voice pierced the usual silence inside the train and everyone looked at them in surprise, shocked that there was a ert in their midst. He couldn't help but laugh in disbelief, "Do you really think i'm a ert?"

 

When she nodded at him, annoyance filled his whole being. "Look-"

 

"i'm looking." she faced him wide-eyed as if to challenge him to try to take her down in their argument.

 

"Who do you think i am?"

 

"i think you're a ert."

 

"why on earth am i a ert?

 

"you touched my ." her words were coming out of her lips fast and with disgust. "You grabbed it, rubbed it, and it felt so disgusting."

 

His annoyance was quickly turning into anger. This girl had the nerve to cut him off with her comebacks and it was seriously ticking him off. He thought being accused as a murderer back in those days was the worst, turns out it was better back then cause no one really knew who Healer was, but this time it was him, the real and raw No Ji Wook that's currently being accused and humiliated in front of people and some who might even know him in his line of work as Prosecutor.

 

It didn't help that he had never encountered a woman with a sharp tongue as her. Her pretty face and petite figure didn't match the fiery personality that she was showing him.

 

"You know what? The Article 13 of the Act on Special Cases concerning ual Crimes classifies this as ual harassment in public places. You might face up to a year in prison or pay up to 3,000 dollar fine."

 

Ahh, so the girl knew her legal acts. Is she a law student? Or already an attorney? He squints his eyes and quickly dismissed the thought. Why would he be curious? A lawyer won't make a mistake on such a simple clause.

 

"It's Article 11, not 13. Get your facts straight before you speak."

 

His response starts a new bout of arguments as he constantly tried to salvage whatever was left of his reputation among those people who was now whispering accusatory words towards him.

 

He always considered himself as a man who was great with debates and his prowess in court was proven with the number of criminals he had already sent to jail, but this girl was able to crumble his skills with her sharp words, maybe it was because he felt so wronged of her accusations? Or maybe he was just taken by surprise that for the first time after a long while, someone had actually stood up against him?

 

He stared in disbelief as the annoying woman prevented him from exiting the doorway, sneering at him in triumph as the doors slowly closed and started it's way again towards the next station.

 

Well,there it goes, his day just got worst. He wanted to go home and rest quickly but Mr. Byun wanted him to meet up at a hotel cafe that was quite far away. He still didn't get his car back since the maintenance wasn't done yet so he had no choice but to take the subway. Now he had to travel back from the next station since he wasn't able to get off the right one. He sighed in exasperation.

 

Just his luck. He blankly stared at his reflection in the glass window, ignoring the accusatory looks that was being thrown to him at all sides. These people won't listen to him anyway.

 

He took a deep breath and once his anger cleared up, a stupid thought that suddenly entered his mind made him laugh silently.

 

Amusement.

 

.

 

Ji Wook didn't exactly know how he ended up in this situation. Everything that happened hours ago seemed like a blur. He was tired, he had some drinks, and taking care of this crazy drunk woman was taking a huge toll on him. His stamina wasn't the same as before after all, the nightly missions and trainings he did everyday was no longer a necessity he had to do. Basic jogging and exercise were the only activities he did since then to maintain his physique.

 

He pinches the area between his eyebrows and closes his eyes to fight away the buzzing headache he had; with the taxi going it's way towards his house with both him and the sleeping drunkard beside him.

 

The array of events that took place in the hotel where he met up with Mr. Byun eventually lead him to meet the subway girl again which then lead to drinking at a small restaurant hours ago. Memories about a cheating boyfriend, being betrayed, empathy, and a make-up item being left behind in the taxi he rode on swirled in his mind. He didn't understand why he couldn't just leave the girl alone. He always had the option to just ignore the break up scene at that hotel or just leaving her behind once he returned her cushion. He wanted to go home. He really wanted to go. But she was like a magnet that lured him to her, it was impossible to resist. Why did he have to be so nosy today out of all the days?

 

"We're here, sir."

 

He opened his eyes and proceeded to drag her out of the taxi after he paid. She was groaning all the way towards the door and her mighty grip surprised him. So she wasn't lying when she said something about having a black belt in taekwando.

 

Next thing he knew he was slammed towards the sofa as she slowly crawled on top of him with a seductive expression. The strong scent of soju was overwhelming him but there was a very slight hint of another fragrance, sort of a sweet feminine flavour, a perfume she used perhaps?

 

Her droopy eyes were focusing on his lips and he couldn't stop his tongue to dart out and his dry lips like he always did, it was a very hard habit to break. His position under her was a brand new experience he had and her dominating aura at the moment was making him tensed. Although he hated to admit, it was making him aroused too. He breathed hard with his racing heart as he felt her heated body with their close proximity, both of them flushed red with the drinks they just had. Was she really planning to stay true to her threats of sleeping with a guy as revenge?

 

The thought of pushing her away seemed to have flew off his mind when she placed her lips on his. He expected her to be rough, seeing how the influence of alcohol had made her aggressive but the gentle touch was in contrast to his expectations. She pulled away not long after, her unfocused eyes suddenly b with tears and her teeth biting her trembling bottom lip in pathetic attempt to stop it.

 

"Why?" her weak voice cracked. "What did i do wrong?"

 

That confident and strong woman he had encountered hours ago in the subway was nowhere to be seen in this crying mess. She was only just a girl in love.

 

His heart constricted. He could see so much of himself in her eyes. How he had questioned himself over and over what he did wrong for the world to take his lover from him. Their situations were different, but the pain was indeed the same.

 

He wiped away a tear that escaped her eye, cupping her cheek and with his thumb. "I told you.....it's not your fault." he draws her nearer again, their breaths close enough to hear even the smallest whisper. "Don't cry."

 

Their lips met again and in that world of their own, they let go of all the worries and heartaches. Soft skin, broad shoulders, petite waist, the air was filled with her pleasured cries as their bodies tangled with each other. He swallowed her moans as her fingers got lost on his chiseled back and in that moment, they didn't know where he ended and where she began.

 

.

 

He woke up with a start, the sudden brightness of the sunlight making him squint his eyes. He felt strangely comfortable in an unfamiliar environment. His eyes roamed the room before it settled to his companion in bed. Gasping in surprise of the memory last night, it quickly registered to him that they were in the guest room located near his living room. They must have moved inside in the middle of their fiasco.

 

He quickly gathered his scattered clothes and mentally scolded himself for doing the deed with some stranger. He decided to leave her alone, she will be more bewildered than him when she wakes up for sure, or will she even remember what happened?

 

He shook his head and settled himself in the shower, the warm water easing away the stress and activities of the night before. It had been so long since he had an intimate experience with a woman, his body must've craved the pleasure. Here he had a drunk woman, making the first move and seducing him, she was actually pretty despite being the mess that she was, and he was no saint after all.

 

He faintly hears some movement outside his bathroom, she must be awake already and fussing outside. He turns off the shower and lets out an amused breath as he hears her footsteps running towards downstairs.

 

When he went outside, he instantly notices the note that she sticked on the dartboard, her messy handwriting leaving big words on a receipt.

 

I'm sorry.

 

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and his steps were quick when he went downstairs where nothing greeted him. She had already left.

 

He scratched the back of his head in frustration, he wanted to talk to her about what happened between them and at least separate on good terms.

 

He didn't even get her name.

 

.

 

Mr. Byun cackled as he insisted on knowing who the girl was. He didn't personally know Ji Wook's past lovers before but along the years they had been together, he never saw the boy interacting like such with a girl, understanding that he might not have really moved on from his first love.

 

"did something happen between the two of you?"

 

"let's talk later." Ji Wook turned off the call and drove towards the prosecutor's office with amusement. Really, the old man didn't need to know, he was never going to meet up with that woman anyways. The act of suddenly disappearing on him must've meant that she just wanted to forget the whole thing and he would've agreed even if she didn't do that.

 

"Goodmorning Prosecutor No." Mr. Bang, his prosecution investigation officer, greeted him with a smile.

 

"Nothing good about this morning."

 

Mr. Bang ignored his snarky response and proceeded to take out documents to give to him. He was already used to the prosecutor's personality. "Here are the list of interns that were accepted this year. Tell me if you have chosen one so we can inform the section chief attorney."

 

Ji Wook sighed. He hated taking interns, especially those that lacked the determination to learn and only wanted to finish up the required hours of internship. They all just added up to his workload. "i don't want to take interns for now."

 

Mr. Bang raised his eyebrows and shrugged. "Well then, you will have to tell the section chief yourself. All prosecutors here are required to take in an intern so you will have to do the explaining." he quickly avoided his glare and went back to his desk.

 

Ji Wook bit his lip in frustration. He might as well get this over with. He quickly picked up the folder, albeit begrudgingly, and flipped the bio-datas, his eyes scanning the papers with little to no interest.

 

He was about to choose this male intern who seemed to have good background and ignore the other papers when a picture he briefly saw suddenly stops him. He quickly flips again towards her bio-data and saw her. There was no mistaking that face and smile. It was the girl he spent the night with.

 

He smirked and separated her bio-data among the others, flicking his fingers to the paper. It was a strange feeling, but he was intrigued. Very intrigued.

 

"Mr. Bang." he called the older's attention and gestured for him to take the paper in his hand. "i already chose my intern." he informs him with a mischievous smile, earning him Mr. Bang's confused stare as he received the paper and read the name.

 

Eun Bong Hee.