Detention pt 1

Love Me

"He can't. I have music club then" Jonghyun squealed.

"I have to practice for the game I can't miss it. Your not alone" Minho scoffed.

"Whose fault is it that we have detention in the first place"

" We would have made it fine without you interrupting" 

"Guys lets not fight okay," I said hoping to get some help from Onew.

" Oh look who's talking if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be here" Minho hissed. My first impression of him was totally wrong.

" I never asked for your help. I would have made it fine without you" I snapped.

"You shouldn' fight, It is my fault," a very innocent voice said. I really didn't expect Taemin to speak up.

"Oh, darling it definitely isn't your fault. JB will pay. I'm sorry you were right to step up" Jonghyun said with his sweet voice. Totally different from before. It was like a mother calming voice. He moved closer to Taemin and put a protective arm over his shoulder. Why don't Onew speak up? He only stands there looking really devastated. I can hear a vague mumble for chicken. That's right he seemed so excited for the chicken, but never got to taste any. It seemed like Jonghyun also heard it.

"What are we going to do. I can't miss practice" Minho started again.

"Let's not fight. Just go to the detention. We can't do anything so don't bother with it" Onew finally spoke up but his voice was nothing like it was inside. This time it sounded quite annoyed and almost mad. He didn't really seem bothered with the detention so what was making him so tense. Jonghyun also noticed. It took like one second for him to leave Taemin and change to Onew.

"Let's go I will buy you chicken okay," Jonghyun said and mumbled something like I will kill JB. In like a second Onew looked like a puppy following Jonghyun to apparently buy chicken.

"Ya were are you going" Minho shouted after them.

"See you in detention" came from the hallways.

"I guess I will take my leave too. Minho said rather coldly. He stopped at Taemin.

"If they bother you again contact me or Jonghyun okay." his voice turned sweet and caring. That's a rare sight he usually is cold, quiet to new people and doesn't speak to strangers. Taemin nodded. Suddenly only me and Taemin were left. He mumbled a thank you and left and just like that I was alone again. I liked being alone but this time I felt lonely. I had forgotten how that felt like. I saw how Minho meet his friends. They looked so close. I wondered how it felt like to be loved by people around you. I knew that this year was going to be different,

The rest of the day went by quick. It was now half-past 3, The detention room was far off in the main building so needed to get going. I didn't like the thought of being stuck with them for 2 hours. It was something about them that made me uneasy, who exactly was Taemin and what was Onews real personality. Minho didn't like me and Jonghyun was just weird. It would be so awkward in there. I made up my mind that I would take a seat at the back and be quiet. I didn't notice that I arrived before I heard all the fans outside of the classroom. I had forgotten but it was bound to happen when four of the most popular boys were in one classroom together. I stepped into the classroom. It wasn't really big. It had white walls and to my dismay only 5 desks. I took a seat at the one in the back next to the window. Only Taemin and Jonghyun were here yet. Where was Minho and Onew but still it was 10 minutes left until it starts.

"Do you think Minho really will skip it" Jonghyun suddenly said.

" I don't think so, he doesn't seem like that kind of person," Taemin said in his cute innocent way.

"He really seemed like he wouldn't come but with Minho you never know. What do you think Key" He startled me. Didn't expect him to ask or even know my name.

"What about Onew"

"Oh, you're curious. Perhaps you like him, Nah just kidding. He's on his way. He had some business to take care of first. So back to original question" Msn this guy seriously likes to talk. I must admit that I felt a little embarrassed of what he said. I was about to answer when Minho walked inside.

"Oh never mind," Jonghyun said. he seemed to have noticed that I felt s bit embarrassed about what he said because a creepy smile formed on his lips.

"What were you discussing"

"If you would come or not"

"Why wouldn't I, So what did you answer" his question directly asked for Taemin. I saw a faint color of pink appear on his cheek.

"let's not talk about that anymore"

"Where's Onew. Don't tell me the president is going to skip" Minho totally said it to piss of Jonghyun.

"He is on his way and he got permission to be late"

"Not fair why does he get to come late"

"Yhea right why does he get to come late"  I totally didn't expect Taemin to speak up. He seemed like the guy who would just stay quiet and listen.

" Why are you ganging up on me. Key help me what do you think" Man this is going to be a long detention and why does he keep dragging me into the conversation.

The door suddenly swung open and in comes the devil.

"Time to start is everybody here. We're missing one. Onew, right he is on his way. does anyone have anything to say"

"this isn't fair we didn't do anything and why isn't JB here" Minho complained.

"You know even if you say that he won't change his mind," Jonghyun said it like a warning. It sounded like he knew something else.

"I'm going to deal with JB and you disturbed the peace in the cafeteria" It sounded like he was going to say something more when the door opened again. There stood Onew just as gorgeous as before if not more. He looked like a fairy prince. Teacher park changed immediately he looked almost scared.

"Good that you're here, take a seat. I will leave you now and nobody leaves. I will be back at 6 to release you." It seemed like rushed it. Like he just wanted to get out. He was about to go out when he turned around again.

"right don't worry about the people outside they will disappear soon" He was closer to the door now but I realized Onew hadn't moved. He gave the teacher a smile but it was a really creepy smile. Like I know what you did don't think that you will get away with it. Then he just walked and sat down next to me. Why me then I suddenly remembered there were only five desks so he had no choice. I still didn't like him next to me. It just gave me a weird feeling.

" Hi, I'm Onew your Key right we didn't get the time to introduce our selves before" Why was he suddenly talking to me? Maybe he was just being friendly.

"There is no need to talk to him he doesn't answer," Jonghyun said.I looked a bit like he was sulking.

"Maybe you just didn't give him enough time. You're kinda good at rushing things"

"Don't you know he is kinda famous for not talking" Okay know I was sure Minho didn't like me and it started getting a little annoying that they were talking about me like I wasn't there.

" I can talk you know" I must have taken them by surprize because suddenly everyone was looking at me.

"See I told you. Your name is Key right" Onew said with such a friendly smile that I couldn't help but feel happy.

"Yes"

"Nice to meet you," he said with his hand stretched out. It felt like a really tense moment in a drama with Jonghyun behind Onew. It was like his eyes would pop out any second. What was wrong with him. Still, I took Onews hand. I shouldn't.

" Yass, my name is Jonghyun, I am Onews best friend, nice to meet you. We will be really good friends in the future. You know......" He had left his seat as soon as I took that hand. If it wasn't for Onews hand that dragged him back to his seat I would probably still have a talking Jonghyun beside me.

"Your name is Taemin right and you just started this school," Onew asked Taemin. Directing the attention from me to Taemin. I was thankful but a little bit sad. Both Jonghyun and Minho looked so interested in his answer.

"Yes, I just changed school. As a scholar ship student" He looked a bit embarrassed by the last part.Now I understood why the teacher frowned when he introduced Taemin. It is really unusual to have scholarship students here and most often they end up dropping out or transfer again. 

"Oh, baby that's okay nothing will change. Your still as precious as ever" Jonghyun said ready to leave his seat again.

"Jonghyun calm down. You're freaking them out. He just really likes cute things" Onew was right about one thing and that was that Jonghyun freaked me out. Little did I know all of them was just as crazy.

"Guys, I think teacher park forgot to tell us that something. It seems like he has an assignment for us"

"What is it"

Minho pov

I was still mad that I had to miss practice for this detention but it helped a bit that I had the cute new guy next to me. I came late because Kyuhyun made me help him pick out flowers for Ryeowook. As soon as I walked into the classroom I knew they were talking about me. I was really curious what Taemin said about me but Jonghyun wouldn't let me know. It was something about Taemin that made me want to be near him, talk to him, hold him. I wanted to know everything about him but I couldn't bring myself to ask he looked so vulnerable. 

As soon as Onew stepped into the classroom the atmosphere changed rapidly. It felt calmer and less awkward except for teacher Park. He looked like he wanted to run away. Taemin looked at him with such admiration. Not fair I was the one who saved him but why do I care. It is not like I like him. but still, why did he look at the man who got special privileges so fascinating, just a second ago he agreed that it was unfair. I really wanted to ask why he came late but there was no way I would get the chance. I must admit I was quite surprised when he started talking to Key. Didn't he know that Key doesn't like people and doesn't talk. Out of annoyance, I snapped.

"Don't you know he doesn't talk" Like really couldn't they just be quiet for awhile. Jonghyun had talked almost nonstop since I got here. It was in his personality but still, it could be really annoying.

"I can talk you know" Key suddenly snapped. It took me by surprize I didn't really expect it. I felt a bit bad. Hope he didn't take my comment to heart. We were talking like he wasn't here. I didn't expect that Onew would continue with the conversation but soon he shifted the attention to Taemin. That got me a little interested. He asked the questions I didn't dare to ask. When he said that he was a scholarship student he looked so sad. It was nothing wrong with being that it just meant that he was really smart.

"Oh, baby that's okay nothing will change. Your still as precious as ever"  I really didn't like these words coming out from Jonghyun's mouth but I realized they seemed more like a mothers words. A little smile showed up on my lips. I turned to see Taemin's reaction when I saw some papers laying on the teachers' desk. I got up to check what it was. I think teacher park forgot to tell us something. 

"Guys, I think teacher park forgot to tell us that something. It seems like he has an assignment for us" They all looked up at me.

"What is it" 

"look at these papers. It seems like we have to prepare a presentation before the detention is up"

"What is it going to be about" Taemin asked. It was a little weird to have all their attention directed to me.

"It doesn't say"

"Let me take a look," Onew said while he came to stand beside me. I gave him the papers. I had known Onew for a long time but it was the first time we really talked. We both were in the same year and had a couple of classes together but I had never tried to get close to him. That was all my parents wanted since I was small also, even more, reason not to get close to him. He is a nice guy and all but too popular for his own good. I am also popular but even if you combine mine, Jonghyun and Keys popularity it still wouldn't be enough to reach Onews popularity. 

"If I understand this right. We have to choose something to present. It needs to be 10 minutes long. We have the detention time to get it ready." I must admit that I really admired his ability to lead and put everything in the right place. LIke how could he get that out of everything that stood in the papers. Like it was 3 sides that explained everything.

"What happens if we don't make it." I was still really surprised when Key talked. I thought his voice would be really insecure when he speaks. Like he would stutter but instead, it is clear and sharp like a knife. I thought like that because he usually is alone and doesn't speak. I would never have thought that he is so sassy.

"It seems like it will get on our grades"

"Then let's play a game to get to know each other," Jonghyun said. Is he crazy or what.

"Are you crazy. We only have one and a half hour before it needs to be ready" Taemin said like he could read my mind.

"We really don't have time for games," Key said a little annoyed.

" Sorry, I just thought that it would be easier to choose a topic if we knew each other a little better"

"Jonghyun it was not a bad idea but we need suggestions," Onew said and Jonghyun's frown disappeared. He is like a happy virus it is almost impossible to not be happy when he is happy.

"What about history" Taemin sounded so cute when he said it.

"Nah maybe politics"

"That's even more boring, perhaps the cafeterias bad food" Of course Jonghyun had to make the least true statement.

"The food isn't really bad though," Key said.

"students rights"

"Chicken"

"Seriously," Everybody said in choir

"Whats wrong with chicken"

"I think we should take unfair detention"

"That will only make the situation worse, what about club activities," Key said. It sounded like a good idea.

"That's good. Everybody here belongs to at least one club. I*m in music, Keys in fashion and Minho's in football"

" How do you know I'm in fashion"

"That's not the point but we're missing material," Jonghyun said with a look at Onew.

" Leave that to me, I just need a phone" Onew said already with a phone in his hand.