Closer

Love Me

Key Pov

Why did I have to fall asleep again, Now I didn't have enough time instead. I ran down the stairs to eat breakfast. I neede to hurry so I didn't miss the bus, not that I would mind. But my parents would kill me even more. As soon as I step into the kitchen my mom will start yelling at me. I am prepared to get a lecture. Don't come home late, how did you miss the bus. What are you up to. You don't do anything bad right, My mom will yell all that and more at me. I really have to get a good excuse.

"Kibum, darling sit down. The breakfast is almost done" She seemed to be in a really good mood. What had happened, has she finally gone crazy. And to top it all off she was making a really big breakfast.

"Is dad home" That was the only reason I could think of. She always made a big feast when he was home. Usually, she would tense when I mention dad but she didn't.

"Nope, he will come next week" He would so kill me for not answering when he called. Now she even started humming a song.

"I would love to eat this wonderful breakfast but I have to hurry so I don't miss the bus" I didn't want to hurt her and it was so sweet to prepare this. But I need to catch the bus.

"NO worry, done" She put the last dish on the table. Had she really gone crazy? She was the one who justed to chase me to the bus just so I would go to school.

"Mom, are you okay," I asked it so carefully. I didn't want to hurt her.

"Yes, why wouldn't I"

"You have been acting weird. You haven't even asked why I came home late. Usually, you would scold and yell at me. You don't care if I miss the bus. Is that normal" I burst. I couldn't hold it in. Like she just sat there and acted like a totally different person. Now she even started laughing. What the hell was wrong.

"Kibum, darling calm down. I didn't ask because of the nice boy who took you home yesterday. He explained everything. He was so nice and you were sleeping so soundly. You were so cute like a little baby when you clang to him. You didn't want to let him go. I've never seen you like that. Come on let's eat know" She said what know. I froze. How could I do that? I embarrassed myself completely. Why did I do that and why did he explain to my mom. It was o messed up.

"How can you believe a random stranger who comes home in the middle of the night with me" I just made the situation worse. How could I accuse my mother of not knowing what she did and couldn't I just be thankful that Onew saved me. My pride won. I just couldn't admit it. Why do I have to be so stupid.

" Excuse me Kim Kibum but I knew exactly who that young man was, I think you need to admit something to yourself young man" I sure pissed her off. I knew I already lost the fight but my pride wouldn't let me. My phone suddenly beeped. 

", I'm about to miss the bus" I was ready to run out from the room.

"Sit down and eat your breakfast know" Was she serious. I was about to miss the bus. I wanted to escape from her burning rage but there was no way I would get out. I created this myself. I was caught in this mess I created. Couldn't I just have kept quiet.

"But the bus"

"I think you need to keep better track of the time. Your bus goes 9.30 the time is 8.30 young man. So sit down and eat" Was she serious did my watch go One hour later. I really needed to fix that. I sat down like a dog. Listening obediently to his owner. I sat there for 40-minutes eating and listening to my mother's lecture.I could have gotten away but no I had to piss her off. Finally, she would let me go.

" I won't be home until really late. There's food in the fridge" Yay another lonely night. She was never home when I wanted to but always when I wanted her to be away.


I was waiting for the bus. It was late today. I couldn't get out what my mom said about Onew. He really did carry me inside. Why didn't I want to let go. it was driving me crazy. I could barely remember anything and that annoyed me. All this thinking started giving me a headache and my nose started running. It started getting cold too. It was hot outside but I was freezing what was wrong with me. Finally, the bus arrived. I got on and took my usual seat quite far back next to the window. After a few stoped Taemin got on. I got to ask him what happened yesterday but I don't want to open a wound. He looked so torn. He checked through a couple of seats and when he spotted me his face light up into a wide smile He took the seat next to me. He started talking about a million different things. I wanted to ask him but I didn't know how. I didn't want to crush his mood.

"Hyung, if I wanted to talk would you listen" He took me by surprise. He sounded so serious and sad. I didn't have to bring it up. He did so himself. When I didn't answer immediately he looked even sadder.

"Of course" Who would be able to say no to this cute innocent boy. But I didn't understand why he choose me. Didn't Jonghyun go with him yesterday. He would be a much better help than me. But I would do my best to help him. His face lights up with my answer that made me happy. I didn't crush him after all.

"Thank you Key, I will tell you later when there isn't ears and eyes everywhere" I totally understood where he came from. If he told me here and someone heard it, it would be all over the school in a couple of seconds. And it would be manipulated, the story would be totally changed and that would mostly mean bad for Taemin. The amount of hate he would get. I can only imagine. 

"Oh, by the way, how did that dinner go" I had been curious about that since Onew mentioned it. I could only imagine how fun they must have had. I regretted not taking the offer at the same time I didn't. I had already gotten too involved so if I had known then it wouldn't have hurt to say yes.

"What dinner" He looked so confused. Didn't he know? I don't think that Onew would leave anyone out.

"After the detention, you had dinner"

"We didn't after you left, we all went our separate ways. Onew looked so sad after he talked to you. He said let's go home there is nothing left to do.To tell the truth, I was a little hurt by it. It felt like I was left alone thou Minho made sure I took the bus" He sure talked a lot. He was so innocent.

"I see" I don't understand why they wouldn't have dinner without me. I don't make a big difference. It seemed like I crushed Onew that night with my rejection. I really regretted it now.

"Hyung we're here" I had been so lost in thoughts that I missed we arrived. I silently thanked Taemin for reminding me. We walked towards the school gate when I realized if we didn't hurry both of us would be late. We had different classes but they started at the same time. Still, it didn't look like Taemin had any worries about it. We separated at the gate.

"See you later hyung" I waved him off. He ran toward one of his friend I guess it was Kai. He looked so surprised but he greeted Taemin friendly. They both ran away to make it to class. They looked so happy. I wondered how it felt like to have someone to run too. Someone to laugh with. I missed it. What am I saying. I didn't miss it, I don't need someone like that. I'm perfectly happy and fine as It is. I don't need anyone.

I started walking towards class when my head started to hurt. It started to hurt so bad that I need to stop and lean towards something.The hallway was empty, if I collapse here then there would be nobody to help me. It had always been like that. Why did it happen now. I felt the headache light up up a little. It didn't hurt as much anymore. I should be able to make it to class. I started walking through the ghost hall. With every step, I could feel a slight pain. I wanted to get away from it, but how. There was nothing I could do. With every step came the pain but it also felt like a weight was lifted from my head. I could bear the pain, it was just like someone stuck you with a needle. It came and went. 

I didn't make it in time because of the headache. How would I explain without the teacher sending me to the nurse. I opened the door and expected her to yell at me. Instead, she just looked at me like she saw a ghost.

"Hhmm, Key you can take a seat next to Minho" I heard how hard she tried to sound nice. Couldn't she just have yelled at me instead. Wait did she just say Minho. I had forgotten he was in this class. Why can't I get a break. At least the others weren't in this class. I walked towards the seat I almost tripped. Minho was watching my every step for some reason he looked really worried. I took the seat next to him

"Are you okay" He startled me a bit. I didn't expect him to say anything as soon as I sat down.

"I'm fine just a little headache" I answered with a smile so he wouldn't think I was bothered by it. He didn't seem to buy it instead he looked even more worried. Did I say something wrong.

"If it gets worse and you need to go home. Inform me I can drive you home" He said it so serious that I almost got scared. Did I look really sick or what.

"Okay," I whispered. It seems like he heard it because a small smile formed on his lips. For some reason, I was happy that he cared about me. It hadn't happened before. Nobody cares for me. Maybe I could trust Minho, he seemed so sincere.

"Meet me at lunch later," He said with a smile. I was going to answer but.

"You too be quiet when I'm talking" The teacher yelled at us so instead of answering I gave him the okay sign. I was happy for some weird reason. I just couldn't escape these guys. Maybe I could get him to tell his story of what happened, then I could put both stories together and figure out what was going on. And if I knew that then maybe I could help them fix their problem.  I was thinking so much that didn't listen to the teacher and before I knew it the lesson was over. 

"See you later," Minho said before he left me. He looked so hesitant. Like he wasn't sure if he should or not. In the end, he went. I saw him call someone. I wondered who it was.

I hurried towards the bathroom. I needed to check my reflection. I wasn't sure how I looked. I got the feeling I looked horrible. I didn't know why but based on my teacher's reaction and Minho's worried face I think I didn't look normal. I reached the bathroom. It was empty. I was thankful, I didn't need someone who wondered what I was doing. My reflection didn't look like me. I was pale, paler than normal, my eyes were glossy, dark circles under my eyes. I looked like a sick ghost with panda eyes. Now I understand their reaction. My skin was almost white and it became, even more, white to my black hair. Why did I look like this. I didn't bring my bag so I have to look like this until I get home. My luck is just great. Soo great. Suddenly It got so cold. I didn't bring any extra clothes either. 

I hurried towards my next lesson when I suddenly got really hot instead. It continued like that through the day. Suddenly it got really cold and then it got really hot. I couldn't concentrate on the lessons not a single one. I felt so blessed when it was lunch break. I could relax, I didn't need to try and concentrate on anything. I walked towards the cafeteria when I remembered Minho. He had probably forgotten about lunch. I would just get my lunch and eat under my tree again. There nobody would bother me.

"Key, I was looking for you," Minho said when he reached me. He looked so relieved to find me.

"What took you so long"

"I had to stop by my locker and the bathroom" Great lie. I mentally slapped myself for making up such a bad lie. At least Minho didn't seem to mind.

"Come on let's eat" he almost dragged me towards his table. Was I going to eat with his friends. I didn't know them. What would I say. What if they didn't like me. I was so nervous. Usually, I wouldn't bother but something was weird today. Not just my weird body temperature that kept changing.I somehow craved for attention, for people to be near me. I didn't want to mess anything up.

"You don't need to worry about them. They are nice" Minho said to me with a smile I guess It was obvious that I was nervous. Couldn't I hide anything. We walked toward the table when I saw one of the guys who was with Onew walked towards Minho's friend's table. He said something too Kyuhyun I think. I wasn't sure. Then the guy walked away again. The guy I think was Kyuhyun whispered something to the guy I think was Ryeowook.  They said something to the guy in front of them and left. They joined Onew and the others. When they settled down over there we just arrived.

"YO, Changmin where did Kyuhyun and Ryeowok go"

"They had something else to do."

"WHY did they leave now, couldn't they have waited until we got here"

"They said it was something urgent" I felt really left out. Usually, I wouldn't care but today was a weird day. I was just standing there watching them bicker. I had no clue what to do. Maybe I should just walk and sit at another table. My feet started to move but I didn't even get an inch away before Minho grabbed my arm.

"Changmin this is Key, Key this is Changmin" He looked up from his phone for the first time. It must be something really interesting on that phone. He looked fairly surprised to see me.

"Are you really Key. The good-looking, scary, cute, quiet guy who everybody adores" What was I supposed to answer to that. Sure I was Key but I didn't know about the rest. I don't know if I'm good-looking, scary, cute, or quiet guy who everybody adores. Okay I know I'm quiet.

"He is, be nice Changmin" It almost sounded like Minho scolded Changmin. But it was clear that he didn't care. Instead, he started laughing. He almost bent over in laughter.

"I D...Idn..'t ex..pec..t y..ou t...o lo...ok l...ik..e that" he said between laughs. He was trying to catch his breath. I didn't understand why.

"CHANGMIN" I felt how I became a little dizzy when Minho yelled at him. He stopped laughing a little.

"Sorry but you look like . You look like a ghost. I thought you had this handsomeness with all the talk about you. Take a seat why are you still standing" This guy sure was weird but he seemed friendly.What did he mean with all the talk about me.

"So your Minho's friend. He usually don't hang out with other people than us you should feel lucky"

"Come on give him a break."

"I'm just trying to get to know him" While they were bickering again I looked at Onew table. They were leaving. He was leaving without even noticing me. Why did I feel so sad. I don't know why but none of them looked really happy.

"see do you get it now. It is the same person" As soon as they stepped outside the cafeteria my attention went back to what they were talking about.

"Oh, now I can see what all the talk was about" What was he talking about this time. I really didn't understand what Changmin meant with all this talk.

"What" it was the only sound I could make and for some reason, it sounded really sassy.

"I can totally why see why Onew cares about you"

"What" My voice was weak this time. Why was he talking about me like I was a different case. I could see how Minho started panicking.

"It's rare for Onew to care about someone.So when he interfered in the cafeteria it was a shock for everyone. He usually just says a word and leaves but with you, he personally got involved. And it seems like he cares quite a lot about you" I couldn't really progress what he was talking about. Why would Onew care a lot about me. I wasn't a special kind of anything so why. I wanted to ask but the time ran out. Changmin checked his watch.

" I need to hurry or I'll be late, see you" Then he ran out. I could feel how Minho let out a sigh of relief. Did he really think I would let it go that easily.

"What did he mean,"

"I have no clue" I knew he did. He wasn't the best liar. His body language told everything. I was going to continue but a bolt of pain hit my head. I didn't have the strength to nag about it anymore. I could see that he got worried again. Instead of nagging about the question I asked the only thing that had been on my mind since this morning.

"What happened between you and Taemin" My voice was weak and soft. It was a miracle that he could hear what I said. I could feel how he tensed up.

"Key you sure you're okay, It's better if you hear it from him first." Way to avoid the question but I didn't even have the strength to argue.

"I'm fine" a straight out lie. I wasn't fine, not even close to being fine. I felt horrible but for some reason, I couldn't say that. I really didn't want to go to the nurse. Suddenly it felt like a heavy weight was lifted from my head. I could slowly feel how my strength returned.

"I need your help"

"With what"

"I need to repair the damage I made to Taemin"

"DO YOU like him"

"Shhh, be quiet"

"So it's true"

"Yes but he doesn't believe it"

"I will do what I can he promised to tell me later"

"good" I checked my watch and realized we start in ten.

"Minho we gotta run"

"WHy"

"We start in 10"

"We really need too"  

We ran to the lesson and made it just in time. I had no strength left and my body felt weak. I even started coughing.

"Today I will tell you your groups, you will work in these groups during the rest of this history part. You might even have to work a bit home hope you solve this" why couldn't we just work alone. I wanted too. I really didn't feel like it.

"The first group is Woohyun, Sungyu, Baro. The next one is...........then we have Taemin, Minho, and Key...... The last group is Seulgi, Wendy, Jisoo, Woozi, nd Woonwoo. Did she just say I was in the same group with Taemin and Minho. Atleast I wasn't with Onew and Jonghyun. When I think about did she even mention them, they aren't here either. Maybe the changed class.

"I'm sorry we couldn't be on the same team" Woohyun turned around to talk to me. He got a small surprise from my appearance.

"mm," I couldn't answer more I felt so tired. Woohyuns face turned really worried.

"Key you okay" he put his hand against my forehead.

"Your burning up we need to get you to the nurse"

"I'm fine" I whined at him I wasn't going to the nurse. Woohyun almost started to drag me when Minho stepped in.

"He isn't going anywhere" I mentally thanked Minho so much. Woohyun didn't fight back. He let go of my hand and turned his focus to his team. I still couldn't believe that I was paired with Minho and Taemin.

I couldn't focus. I felt dizzy, tired and my head hurt. I had no idea what they were talking about. When it was 10 minutes left. Onew and Jonghyun walked in. They greeted the teacher.

"You 2 are in the same group with Key, Minho and Taemin" Did she just say that both of them were with us. Could my day become anymore weird. I felt suffocated I needed air. I got up as fast as lightning from my seat but instead of getting clarity everything started to turn. I could see Onews smile but it was upside down. Everything was spinning. I felt dizzy, my head hurt and I couldn't even focus on a piece in front of me. I could see how Onew smile disappeared and a worried look came on. I couldn't feel my legs they just bent beneath me. I started to fall but I couldn't feel it. It just felt like I was on a cloud. I saw a black silhouette run towards me. I heard people screaming Key and a way to familiar voice yell Kibum. Right before my head hit the floor something caught me. I felt a cold hand against my forehead the everything became black


 Authors note: WHo do you think yelled Kibum and who caught Him?