Friends?

Love Me

Key pov

My head felt heavy and my vision was blurry when I got up.It was like something was pressing my body down. I had to sit down on my bed. I had forgotten how it felt because it was such a long time since it happened last. Soon my vision started to come back and my head felt a little lighter. I managed to move to the bathroom. The shelf was full of different bottles but soon I found the one for headaches.I took one and my headache disappeared a little. The water was flowing out loudly from the water tap but I didn't hear it I was too immersed in my reflection. In the mirror was a young man who looked to be in pain, with a stain of blue in the hair and there were heavy bags under my eyes. I looked like a sick person. My hand touched the blue stain from yesterday, it all felt like a dream. The only thing that made me realize it was real was the paint in my hair.  I shouldn't think about it was in the past and everything would be normal again. I had nothing to do with them. I kept telling myself that but something inside me felt empty. 

The time was apparently only 4 in the morning so I tried to sleep again but couldn't so I started to get ready. For once I didn't have to hurry to the bus. I had a pair of black jeans on and a black hoodie. Usually, when I walk on the bus nobody dares to stare directly at me but this time it was different, they looked directly at me. Their gaze felt suffocating. I put my hood on and put my headphones in closing everyone out. I didn't even realize that Taemin got on. He stopped by my seat. He lightly tapped on my shoulder. I turned my head to see who it was and was met with a friendly cute smile.

"Can I sit here?" he asked with an innocent face. I couldn't say no to that innocent face.

"Sure"  I moved my bag so he could take a seat. I didn't expect him to speak to me.

"How was your night," he asked

"good" I lied, I couldn't exactly tell him the truth. We kept chatting the rest of the ride or more like he kept talking and I answered with a short word. I didn't expect him to talk so much. We finally reached school and maybe I would get my peace and quiet.

"See you later" Taemin shouted as he ran toward his first class. He looked like a little child, totally different from how he was yesterday. He looked so happy maybe that dinner I said no made them get really close.

 

The first part of the day went by really quickly. I hadn't really listened to the teachers, my mind was somewhere else. I tried not to think about them but I only thought about them more. It was lunch time and I didn't feel like eating in the cafeteria. the thought of seeing them together made a knot in my stomach. I didn't understand why it wasn't like I had any kind of relationship with them. I was actually quite surprised when I noticed that they weren't together. I was only getting my food but I couldn't help notice how they were separated. Minho was sitting with some seniors. I think their name was Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Changmin but I wasn't sure. Two of them seemed to be little lovely and Minho seemed to be a bit annoyed by it. Taemin was sitting with the dance crew I think. He seemed to be really close to one guy I think his name is Kai. And there was one senior with them I think he is Eunhyuk, quite popular guy also in the football them with Minho. My eyes moved to the table in the middle where Onew and Jonghyun sat. He looked like an angel where he sat. They were laughing at something. Suddenly another guy joined them. I think he also was a senior. he said something to them and then he moved to Taemin's table and said something to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk got up and they left the cafeteria. I saw on Onew's face that something was off, both his and Jonghyun's smile had faded. 

"aren't you going to move" I realized that the cue had moved forward. I hurried to take my food. I was going to leave the cafeteria when I realized that they had noticed I was here. Taemin waved at me, Minho gave a friendly smile. It looked like Jonghyun was about to get up and drag me to their table but Onew held him in place, instead, he gave me one of his blinding smiles. I pretended I hadn't seen them, and hurried outside. I took a spot under my favorite tree. The sun was shining so it was kind of hot but not too hot. I started eating the sandwich I took from the cafeteria. It wasn't exactly good but it was better than nothing. I finished the sandwich in a couple of minutes. It was still 40 minutes left until the next lesson starts so I decided to read one of my favorites books. I was so into the book, that I didn't hear that someone was walking towards me.

"Hi Key" I jumped a little by the sudden words. I turned my head to see who it was. There stood Onew, looking like a true angel when the sun was shining on him. I was so shocked that I dropped my book. What was he doing here, shouldn't he be in the cafeteria with Jonghyun.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" I hadn't moved an inch, it was like I was stuck. All my senses had left me. I managed to gain some of them back to answer.

"It's okay"

"What are you doing out here alone"How was I going to answer that. I didn't want to hurt him like I did last night and I couldn't exactly say I preferred to be alone. It sounded weird.

"Just wanted some air" Great answer. I couldn't take being alone with him.It might make me want to stick with him and that can't happen. I checked the time it was still 30 minutes left until class starts.

"I really have to go, my class starts soon."  I hurried to get up and walk away, I almost tripped over one of the tree's roots in my hurry. I saw that he looked really surprised.

"Wait, you........" I didn't hear the rest. I was already in the building. I got the feeling he knew I lied. At least I didn't have to see his hurt expression. I didn't look where I was going. Suddenly I bumped into something and I fell flat on my .

"You okay" the person I bumped into asked. he had his hand out to help me up.

"I'm okay and sorry" I didn't take the hand, I looked at the person in front of me. It was that guy from yesterday. I think his name was Woohyun.

"Oh, it's you. I saw you yesterday....." he kept talking but I didn't listen. Behind him, I saw Minho stop to see what was going on. I just wanted to get away from all the attention. I walked past Woohyun and hurried to the classroom. It was still some time left until the class starts but I could at least get some quiet there.

"Nice to meet you" Woohyun shouted after me. You could hear that he was a little disappointed that I left without saying anything.

The classroom was empty. Finally a little peace and quiet. Maybe I could continue reading. I looked through my bag but I couldn't the book. Where did I lose it? You must be kidding me, I forgot it under the tree with Onew. Why does life keep doing this to me, I guess I will use my headphones instead. Slowly the classroom started to get filled with students. I didn't think much about it. Suddenly someone took the seat next to me. I glanced to see who it was to my surprise it was Minho. I had forgotten that this class had seniors in it. If Minho was here then that could mean that the others also was here. I looked through the classroom but didn't see any sign of them. What a relief, I wouldn't be able to face Onew if he found out.

"Are you looking for someone" his words startled me a little. Why was everybody talking to me today?

"No!" I said as I shook my head. started laughing a little. What was so funny.

"Relax, I'm not interrogating you. How are you" I realized that I actually was quite tense. why did he ask how I was, we met yesterday.

"I'm fine" he gave me a friendly smile. Why did it feel like everybody tried to be my friends today? I checked the time, it was 5 minutes left until the lesson start. There was no way they would have this class, if they would they would be here already. A familiar figure suddenly came in through the door. Taemin was also taking this class. He took a seat on the row before us three steps toward the left. I notice how Minho tensed a little.He glances over at Taemin.The lesson started in one minute now. The only one that was missing was the teacher. The door opened and I expected the teacher to come in but instead, I got a big shock. Through the door came Onew, Jonghyun and the guy I ran into earlier. I sank into the seat trying not to be seen. I felt really guilty.

"What are you doing," Minho whispered.

"pretending I'm not here" Minho let out a soft chuckle. It seemed like we might get along pretty well.

"If you're hiding from Onew I think it is too late seems like he already saw you" Minho whispered. I really wanted to disappear. The rows were separated by 2 desks space 2 desks until the other side. Unfortunately for m, the desk next to Minho was empty. Onew and Jonghyun took it. What had I done to deserve this? Finally, the teacher came. This was the history class. This semester we would be working on the Victorian period.

"turn to page 37 and answer the questions, you can talk to your neighbor" Man these questions were hard. If it wasn't hard enough to understand what it was about. I looked over to see how Minho was doing just to see him staring at Taemin. Behind him, I saw how Onew and Jonghyun were working hard, maybe I could ask them. NO way, not after I ran away from him, was I crazy. He looked up and I immediately hid my face in my books. When I looked up again a face was just a couple of cm away from mine. It scared me so much that I almost fell backward and a squeal escaped my mouth. If it wasn't for Minho I would be on the floor now. HIs strong hand had caught my chair.

"You okay I didn't mean to scare you" Oh great now all the attention was on me again. I took one look at the man in front of me and realized it was the same guy I bumped into earlier. What did he want?

"I never got the chance to properly introduce myself before, my name is Woohyun. I belong to Infinite and I am a member of the student council. nice to meet you what is your name" Where was the teacher when I need her. It would be rude to not answer but I just wanted to disappear into the book again.

"You're disturbing my study time" Thank you Minho,

"I'm not talking to you, so what's you name" It seems like I have to answer anyway. I guess Minho didn't like his answer because it felt I had a volcano next to me that could explode anytime. I was just about to answer when I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"continue study, don't bother with him" I didn't even need to look to know who he was. I did as he said.

"Woohyun, you can talk after the class, right now you are disturbing everyone. You should show a good example" Without a word Woohyun went back to his seat and the erupting volcano next me calmed down. I was really thankful that I got out of it this time.

" I hope everyone managed to answer the questions, I might as well tell you now that we will do a big group project on this. I will reveal the groups either next lesson or the lesson after that. lesson dismissed." Why do we always have to do group projects? I like working alone. Finally, it was time for the club activities. There I don't have to be paired with someone or work with any one else. Most important I won't have to see their face or I thought. I was just about to walk out through the door.

"Key, wait up" did he expect me to say thank you from before or did he want to confront me about earlier. I had the urge to just run away and hide beneath a rock. but my curiosity won.

"You forgot this earlier," He said and gave me my book. He didn't seem mad or anything. It was like he didn't remember that I ran away from him. How could he smile so happy after what I did? I felt really bad,

"Thank you. I'm sorry" I couldn't even look him in the eye when I said it. Suddenly he lightly took my chin and lifted it up so I looked straight into his eyes. They were a beautiful brown color, Even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to look away. His eyes were really mesmerizing.I really got lost in his eyes.

"there's nothing to be sorry about" He gave me a smile. I hadn't noticed before but he had a really beautiful eye smile. I could watch him smile all day without ever getting tired of it. NO I shouldn't think that, I can't think that. I don't get attached to people.

"Onew we ned to go" He let go of my chin and walked towards the guy who called him. I think it was Jonghyun but I wasn't sure.

"See you" he shouted back. I was so shocked about what just happened. I was frozen on the spot. I woke again when I felt someone push me a little from the side.

"What are you doing" Minho asked. I also saw a curious Taemin before me.

"Nothing" I almost ran away to get away from them. Right now I just needed some time by myself. I went to the tree. This time I didn't expect someone to disturb me. It was about 30 minutes left until the club activities start. I felt how I slowly drifted into sleep. I dreamed about Onew, his smile, how he looked at me.he was moving closer to me, he was just a little bit away from my lips when my senses came back. I can't like him, I won't let him in and with that, I woke up. What was that dream about, there was no way I liked him? I checked the time. It was only ten minutes left until the club starts, It is okay to be late or miss it but I didn't want to. I hurried over. I made it just in time.

"I have an announcement," our club leader GD said.

"We are going to collaborate with the photography club" This year really wasn't how I wanted it to be.Why do we have to work with people all the time? 

" We have already paired you up, I will announce it when they arrive" Soon they arrived. I didn't really look who it was, I just wanted to go back to sleep.

"Okay, we have Victoria, Zhoumi...........Key, Onew... and Xiumin and lay" Did he just say that I was paired with Onew. What exactly did I do wrong to deserve this? It was not fair. But apparently, heaven liked to pair me with Onew.