Why

Love Me

Key pov

I still couldn't believe that I was paired with Onew. Why did it have to be him? I can't even look at him. I'm too embarrassed. I ran away from him. First I made up that lie and then he even saved me in the classroom. I was really thankful for that but I didn't say it to him. I didn't know how instead I just left the classroom. I didn't think that we would get paired up. I sneaked a glance at him. He looked just as surprised like he didn't expect it at all. He didn't look happy and It was my fault. I never meant to hurt him.How would we be able to work together? Maybe I could ask GD to switch partners.

"What are you standing here for. You should go to your partner" Seungri said. He was like the vice leader. He almost started to push me towards Onew. Why did it have to be him? He looked at me and gave me a soft smile. It wasn't like his usual happy smile. It looked like he didn't want to do this. That hurt me a bit wasn't it him who tried everything to get close to me and know that he had the chance he didn't want to. Not that I cared, I preferred being alone. I turned my head to see a Xiumin( I think his name was) talk to GD. It looked like his partner wasn't here, maybe we could switch. It would be perfect he could work with Onew and I could work alone until his partner came. 

"You should look where you're going or you might fall and I don't want to be responsible for that. GD might kill me, he seems to like you" Seungri said. He is a nice guy but sometimes he's a pain in the . He is like GD minion always does what GD wants. I guess he want's his respect so he usually is quite mean to the people GD seems to take an interest in. Seungri's words made me turn around to look at Onew again. Jonghyun was saying something to him before he disappeared with a creepy smile. Jonghyun creeped me out especially when he smiled like that. He was just a weird guy.

" Key this is Onew your partner. You should get to know each other a bit. I will be right back." Seungri disappeared and left me with Onew. I had no clue what to do. I just wanted to melt into the ground and disappear. Then I would have nothing to worry about.

"You will draw a theme that you will work with and no changing partners" I jumped a little by GD sudden announcement. I felt like he was talking right to me with his last words. He crushed my last hope now there was nothing I could do. Why did it have to be him? I could feel Onew watching me. Now I felt even worse because I knew that my disappointment was visible on my face. I knew that I hurt him and I don't want to I just want to be alone. 

"I'm sorry" I heard a faint whisper. Why was he apologizing he did nothing wrong. 

"What are you still standing here for

"You're lucky, most of us have to work outside with the others so we can steal each other's Ideas. I will leave now" He sounded so bitter.I didn't get the steal each others ideas part. As far as I knew none of us steals ideas and It isn't a competition, so why would anyone steal ideas. He was probably just salty for not getting a room. Why did Seungri have to leave, now I was alone with Onew again. It was an awkward silence between us. I tried to ignore it and come up with different Ideas for different themes so we could get it over with quite quickly.

"What theme do you want" He broke the silence I guess he couldn't stand it anymore.

"Don't know, thank you" I whispered the last thing but I knew that he heard it. I could see that a small smile formed on his lips.

"Do you have one you don't want to do" I didn't know what to answer.

"Don't know" I ruined everything. I could see how Onews small smile disappeared with my lack of response. I killed the conversation as soon as it started. Way to go Key. I hurt his feelings again. 

"What are you best at doing" His question caught me off guard. I didn't expect him to ask that. What would I answer? I could see that he was really hurt by my lack of response. Couldn't they just come with the theme so we could get it over with? I was going to answer when the door suddenly swung up. Finally, they were here with the theme. NOT.

"What theme did you get" A happy Jonghyun was here. He still scared me a bit he was so energetic.

"We haven't got it yet," Onew said. he seemed a little annoyed by Jonghyun.

"Come on cheer up. This is supposed to be fun, it seems like someone has died in here." Onew actually smiled a little at that.

"What are you doing here shouldn't you be working on your part"

"I'm here to visit my favorite people" Jonghyun sure seemed to enjoy teasing people.

"Key how are you. I don't think I have seen you in ages"

"HI" was all I managed to say. I really hoped Onew would help me a little. Jonghyun moved closer to me with a smile on his face that really creeped me out.

"Jonghyun it was yesterday and let him be a little. You're freaking him out" Thank you Onew. But Jonghyun didn't listen. Instead, he got even closer and put his arm around my shoulders.

"I'm not, right we're best buds, right" What was I going to answer to that. Onew mouthed a sorry to me but he looked happy. I didn't know why but I started giggling instead. Jonghyun looked at me like I was crazy but he happily joined my giggling. Onew looked really happy and his smile was back. I didn't want to kill it again. Suddenly the door opened again and there stood GD with a box. Onew looked at me and mouthed who should do it. Instead of answering, I pointed at him because he was closer. I just hoped he could pick a good one,

"There are 2 pieces left," GD said but I didn't really pay attention to them because Jonghyun started whispering.

"Aren't you happy that you got paired together, your perfect for each other" 

"NO" I almost shouted it but remembered that there were more people there. I still said it quite loudly and got the attention of them. I just smiled.

"It was nothing" And they continued with the drawing process.

"Come on your living everyone's dream, just look at him" I did as he said without thinking. It was true Onew looked wonderful. He had a t-shirt on that perfectly fitted him. You could see he was muscular without really seeing it and then they were the jeans. The skinny jeans that perfectly showed his legs and brought fort his perfect thighs. They weren't too thick not too skinny just perfect just like the rest of him. What are you thinking Kibum? You shouldn't think like that, don't get close to him. I could feel how Jonghyun lips turned into a big smile next to my ear. They were done with choosing the theme and Onew saw me staring. Why? stupid Jonghyun. He quickly left my side if he would have stayed any longer he would probably be dead by now. I quickly turned around to look at the wall so they wouldn't see my red cheeks.

"So what did you get" I could feel that Onew smile faded a bit.

"Jonghyun, I think we should leave now" It almost sounded like GD were a bit scared. What did we get that mad them run away like scared mice?The red color faded quickly when they ran away. I turned around to face Onew. He didn't look too happy.

"What did we get" He didn't answer instead he held up the piece of paper. It stood love on it. They must be kidding me why. Why does it keep happening to me? What can I do? The only thing I can do is accept it and start working to get it over with. I totally ignored Onew but I didn't mean to I was just so devastated. I just focused on the work we had. Maybe I could have some heart and roses. The boyfriend look. A big sweater with cute hearts on and a rose in his hair. The models would wear the cute boyfriend look and then we needed t have the chick first date look and the cute version. Wait a sec. Who were our models? They didn't mention anything about the models. Maybe they forgot because we need models for this if not... No, it can't be that we aren't the models. Onew and I aren't supposed to be the models. That can't be true, they just missed to tell us who our models were. With one look at Onew, I understood it was true. We didn't have any models.

"I'm sorry" He had nothing to be sorry about, he didn't mean to draw that one. Why did this keep happening to me? Nothing worked the way I wanted them too.I could feel that I was on the verge of tears. Onew seemed to sense the situation.

"Do you want to hear a joke" I didn't answer. it seemed like he didn't care.

"Why didn't the chicken cross the road" he took a pause for me to answer but I was still quiet so he continued.

"Because I ate" It was such a bad joke that I had to laugh. It wasn't even funny but I still laughed. And that broke me. I started crying hard. I fell to the floor. I couldn't take it anymore all of my walls broke down. They were right all along I didn't like being alone. I hated it I also wanted to have friends and have fun but I had isolated me for so long that I didn't remember how it felt like. I would never admit it but it was the truth. I had been a long day people had been around me all day. I didn't have one second of peace. I didn't even have time to adjust to everyone. I just couldn't take it anymore all I want is to go home, fall asleep and forget everything. Just a time to be alone to be able to process everything that has happened. I tried so hard to not let anyone in but it broke. My walls got cracks and now it's broken.

"You okay" I didn't answer, I couldn't answer. I was crying so hard. Tears were flowing down my cheeks like a river. I never cried in front of other people not even when that happened but for some reason, I was crying my heart out in front of Onew. I couldn't help it. I didn't want to let him in because I knew he would leave me just like everyone else.

Suddenly a pair of strong arms held me. I felt safe like nothing could harm me. I burrowed my head in his chest. I felt so nice so familiar. His scent calmed me. It felt like I was in a dream and I didn't want to wake up. My tears slowly dried in his warm embrace. I didn't want to leave. It felt like nothing was wrong everything was good and nothing bad could happen. No worries, I could stay like that forever. I almost fell asleep in his arms. Then he pulled away a little to look at me. His thumb gently wiped away a few tears that were running down my cheeks, Then he smiled one of his nicest smiles. it looked blending but it made me happy.

"Maybe we should start on the project," He said, his voice was so gentle and nice. I could only agree even thou I wanted to stay in his embrace longer.

"Got any ideas on the clothes" of course I had ideas who did he think I was. I'm not the almighty Key for nothing.

"I think we should go for the cute boyfriend look and the chick first date and the cute first date. We should have an oversized sweater with cute hearts on it and of course, we need to have roses in it. And for the chick look we will have dark colors, you know like a biker jacket" Onew was just watching me smiling. He looked so happy when he smiled. I tend to talk a lot when it is about something I like. 

"Maybe you should start sketching the designs"

"True, do we have paper somewhere and a pen" soon I was sketching different pictures but nothing was like how I wanted it to be. Something was missing but I couldn't point out what. It didn't matter what I did. I added and took away thing, turned it around and back again. Nothing worked.

"What do you think" I held up one of the sketches. I wasn't satisfied with it either.

"It looks great" liar, it doesn't something's missing.

"NO, somethings missing" I was starting to get a bit frustrated that I couldn't figure out what it was and Onew wasn't helping. He walked over to me but I didn't bother, too focused on the sketches. He was standing behind me his arms around me. I was like a mouse trapped in mousetrap but I didn't mind. I liked it I felt safe.

"What about this" He took the pen from my hand and started drawing. His head was on my shoulder. I watched every he made and the missing part was slowly disappearing. As soon as he let go of the pen, the picture looked totally different. It was the same sketch I made but nothing was missing it was perfect. Onew wasn't standing behind me anymore but he was still very close.I was so happy that the sketch was done that I turned around in a hurry. My face was just an inch away from his. I looked straight into his eyes they somewhat looked sad. I got lost in them, it was like I was traveling between stars in his eyes. I was mesmerized. his eyes moved down to my lips and up again. I wanted him to do it. I wanted him to kiss me and I knew he wanted it too. I wanted it so bad. I wanted to touch his soft lips just what was he waiting for. I knew he wanted it just as bad as I wanted to. His eyes told everything. He started to move closer. Boom the door opened. I almost pushed away Onew. I could see that Onew was just as flustered as I was. In the doorway stood Jonghyun. He looked really surprised but soon a big smile appeared.

"I can come back later," He said already ready to leave the room.

"Not necessary did you want something" Jonghyun stopped in his track and turned around to face.

"Somebody's looking for you and you left your phone outside" 

"I'll be right back," Onew said and hurried away. Did he have to leave me with Jonghyun? that guy really freaks me out. He really bounced to me when new left.

"I have to start planning your anniversary, no your wedding" What was he talking about I barely knew them.

"NO, you don't. We don't have any kind of relation" Jonghyun locked a little shocked by my sudden outburst.

"Then what did I just see, It looked like you were quite close"

"My bracelet just got stuck and he helped get it loose" Man I'm sure great at making up lies.

"Sure" I knew he didn't believe me. He looked so suspicious at me. But he was right I had gotten too close to Onew, Way to close. I knew he would leave me just like everyone else. Why even bother to get close to anyone. I had broken it and gotten close to Onew. I needed to stop it now. I would just focus on my things in the project and do it without crossing the line. We were just business partners nothing else. When all of this was over  He would just leave. That is how it works so I shouldn't cross the line. I don't have any friends or more than that, I'm alone and that is how it is supposed to be. I have been telling me this for years but this time it felt so wrong. I build up my walls again even higher than before, it would be hard to break them again. The door opened again and Onew came back. He looked a little worried while he looked at his phone. What was it that worried him this time. I wish he would worry like that for me. No, I don't.

"I guess I will take my leave then. It's getting late so you should hurry up. I will wait outside" Jonghyun said, then he disappeared through the door. It couldn't be that late already

"See you" Onew shouted after him. I turned around to concentrate on work. I didn't face him, I felt a bit bad about it. he didn't do anything wrong so why should I ignore him.

"Are you satisfied with the sketches?" He asked.

"Hmm" I didn't answer more. Maybe I was just stupid for ignoring him but I couldn't get closer. He could feel how he became a little tense at my short answer. I didn't exactly answer in a happy.

"Key, what's wrong"

'Nothing" I hissed. I turned around to face him. When I saw his face my heart sank, he looked so hurt. What did I do.

"Key, you can tel...." beep, his phone beeped in the middle of the sentence. He looked at it and a really worried expression appeared on his face.What exactly made him so worried.

"We need to go now" I really didn't get him. One second he was going to tell me something the next second he just ignored it. It made me a bit mad. He just wanted to leave me here. he made it seem like he cared so much then he would just leave me because he was so worried about someone else. I didn't want him to leave. I wanted him to stay with me forever. No, I didn't. Why was it so complicated.

"Just leave, Leave me alone here" I regretted the word as soon as they left my mouth. I sounded so mad. Onew looked a little taken aback by my words. Once again I managed to hurt him. I felt that I was on the verge of tears again.

"I said we and I don't care if you hate me but I know you care about Taemin. Key I won't give up on you" His was so serious. I didn't know what to do. I felt so lost. I felt how a tear escaped my eye. I guess Onew also saw it because of his confused expression. And what exactly did Taemin have to do with this. All of this was so confusing and it gave me a headache. Why did I care so much about what Onew. Onew started to move closer to me.

"What does Taemin have to do with this" My voice broke, I couldn't keep it steady. Onew stopped in his track and looked at me with n pain expression. It looked like he was fighting himself.

"He and Minho got stuck somewhere"

"Oh, how do you know" It came out as a faint whisper. 

"Minho sent a message, where it stood we're stuck" His voice was gentle and calming. It was like he was trying to make me calm down and somehow it worked.

"Then how do you know that Taemin was with them" I was really curious about that part.

"Somebody said that they left together, we need to go now if we want a chance to find them today." It made a bit more sense now. I nodded and we walked outside.As soon as stepped through the door Jonghyun appeared with flashlights.What would we need them for it wasn't that late right.

"Do you have everything we need"

"of course maybe we will manage to find them before the lights turn of" He didn't sound really convincing.

"Grab your stuff and we will leave, we need to hurry if we want to have a chance to find them before the lights turn off," Onew said, he sounded so gentle.I wondered if he felt bad for me. But what exactly could the time be. I grabbed my stuff and my phone. I could finally see what time it was. It actually was quite late much later than I thought. The time had gone by much faster than I thought.

"come on let's go" We started our search. Onew and Jonghyun seemed quite used to this. I wondered if they did this often. We searched room to room, building to building without any luck. Why did they have to get stuck today, all I wanted was to get home. I was tired and this whole day had been stressing me out. With our luck, the light turned off quite quickly too.

"Oh, I thought we would make it this time" he sounded really sarcastic but seriously did people get stuck here often so they would have to do rescue missions often.

"Oh, shut up, turn on the flashlight instead, we will continue our search." Onew gently smacked Jonghyun's head. He deserved it. We searched, even more, rooms and buildings but to no use.

"Do you think Eunhyuk might know where they went he's in dance club together with Taemin, I can call him" Stupid Onew, couldn't you have thought of that earlier, then we would have saved a lot of time and I might have been home by now. Why doesn't he call him what is he hesitating for.

"Do it" I almost yelled at them. They jumped a little in surprise of my voice. I guess they didn't expect me to talk. Onew took ou this phone and called Eunhyuk.

"Hyung, I have a question"

"What is it"

"Do you know where Taemin went"

"I don't but Kai should know, I will call him and ask, Donghae give me your phone"

"Hey Onew what's up."

"Don't but in, you have nothing to do with this"

"I can't contact Minho, I heard he disappeared If you find him text me"

"Say hi to everyone there from me"

"Heechul don't but into phone calls"

"We all do so why scold him, sorry Onew"

"come on let me talk to him"

"NO, I won't, we're waiting for Eunhyuk"

"Your boring"

"Onew do you want to join us"

"Of course he doesn't want to if he's looking for someone" There were so many voices coming from Onew's phone. I couldn't recognize the voices but some names I knew like Donghae. It seemed to be crazy on the other side of the phone. I wondered who they were. I didn't know that people butted into each others phone calls.

"Donghae gives me the phone" The voices on the other side of the line calmed done and only Eunhyuks voice was heard.

"Taeyang sent him to leave something in the janitors closet. Taemin forgot his things and the studio and didn't come back, Sorry for the chaos and hope it helped"

"Thank you hyung" Onew said an hung up.

"I know where he is" We would have saved so much time if he only did this in the beginning. 

"Let's get his stuff first and then we will get them," Jonghyun said. Onew agreed so we walked to the studio.

"Who were the guys on the phone" I was really curious about that and It couldn't hurt to ask.

"We call them super junior, they have known each other since they were young. It's just sad that they don't hang out together in school. They get along so well and are so good friends that I don't understand why they avoid each other in school. I think you know some of them like Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Heechul"

Jonghyun was right I knew about them but I didn't know they were close to each other except Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. They were close with Minho too. I was just as curious about why they avoided each other in school. It seemed like they were so close. The rich system was really no joke. All of them came from rich families so their parents must have built this bond for them. A normal person would never fit into this system even if they tried. It had always been like that. The rich make connections and then they use them to build a net between each other that no one can get into.If you try you will just get stuck. exactly like a spider web. All the rich people know each other and usually, the children are brought into it. Luckily for me, my parents didn't want that,

"We're here let's get his stuff and then rescue them" Onew sounded just as tired as I was. Jonghyun hurried up to get Taemin's stuff.

"Where are they" 

"In the infirmary" Why didn't we think of that earlier. Soon all of this would be over and I could go home and fall asleep. Soon Jonghyun was back and we hurried towards the infirmary, I really hoped that no one would find us. If they did we would be in real trouble but it seemed like Onew and Jonghyun had done this before so I trusted them We finally reached the infirmary. But we had missed one thing how would we get the door to open.

"I got this" Jonghyun said. He took out a hairpin and started to unlock the lock. How he did it I had no clue.

"Onew is that you" We were right that was MInhos voice who asked,

"Yes it's us, Jonghyun has almost opened the lock"

"Okay" click and the door opened. Taemin rushed out. he hurried away.

"Taemin" Minho shouted after him. He almost ran after him but Onew held him back. He sent a signal to Jonghyun to go after Taemin instead. What exactly happened between these two in there. 

"Did you bring your car?" Onew asked Minho nodded. Lucky they are that they can bring their car to school. I wish I could do that too.

"" I looked at my watch and realized that I had missed the last bus home with like an hour. My parents would kill me when I get home. Both Minho and Onew looked at me. Maybe I needed to explain myself.

" I missed the bus" Onew didn't look surprised at all with that fact

"Come on give me your bag, I will give you a ride home" I didn't really have another choice so I said yes. we started to walk toward Onew car when he turned around to look at Minho with a concerned face.

" See you tomorrow," Minho said before he walked toward another direction. I really wondered what happened in there that made them both look so devastated,