Chapter 6

Cappuccinos & Crushes

“SinB-yah!”

 

Yerin tackled SinB from behind, giving her a tight hug. She loosened her grip but kept her arms comfortably around the younger girl who was currently blushing brightly and yelling, “This unnie is crazy!”

 

It’d been a week since the showcase at Source and Yerin’s decision to give SinB a taste of her own medicine. While SinB had been fine with skinship before, now that flirting was involved, she was like a skittish mare. Confirmed: SinB could flirt all she wanted with Yerin, but as soon as Yerin flirted back, SinB was embarrassed and blushing and squirming under the attention. This, of course, only spurred Yerin on further.

 

The other girls found it hilarious. Sowon and Eunha joked that they were acting like an old married couple, which Yerin wanted to point out was rich coming from them. They constantly hung out and held hands and bickered with no label as to what they were. Yuju and Umji on the other hand found it sweet that Yerin was trying so hard for SinB, quietly cheering her on from the sidelines.

 

Today, after school, was no different.

 

“I just want to show our maknae some love,” Yerin pouted, releasing SinB only to grab onto her hand.

 

“Umji-yah is our maknae,” SinB retorted hotly.

 

“You’re both born in 1998, so that makes you both the maknae,” Yerin grinned. “It’s okay. You’re my favorite 98 liner.”

 

“Thanks, unnie,” Umji deadpanned.

 

Yerin simply flashed her a sheepish smile. “I’m just kidding, Umji-yah. You’re both my favorite 98 liners!”

 

“Thanks, unnie,” Umji said again, this time more sincere.

 

Yerin turned her attention back to SinB, who in her short time of freedom from Yerin’s attention, had picked a fight with Sowon over something inane like she always did. This time it was the best ramyeon flavor.

 

“SinB-ah,” Yerin called softly, pulling her closer. It said a lot that the girl came with just a few gentle tugs because SinB could’ve easily resisted. SinB may complain about all the skinship, but she surrendered far too easily to actually be upset about it. “Will you help me with my physics homework tonight?”

 

SinB squinted suspiciously at her. “Did you forget that rotational motion is the only thing I know how to do?”

 

“There are some rotational motion problems on my homework!” Yerin protested. And there was. Did she actually need help on it? Of course not. Since SinB had helped her, Yerin breezed through rotational motion.

 

As if sensing Yerin wasn’t going to give up without a fight, SinB reluctantly agreed. “I’ll stop by the cafe after dance practice, okay?”

 

“I don’t work today, remember? Just come over to my house.”

 

SinB suddenly looked panicked, leaning away from Yerin with wide eyes. “Your house?”

 

“Yes, my house. I’ll text you the address.”

 

“Unnie…”

 

Yerin just smiled. “You’d better get going, or you’re going to be late for dance practice.”  

 

Squinting at her again, SinB prepared to leave. Just as she was about to go, she suddenly turned back around and walked straight to Yerin. She stopped with barely any space between the two of them. Yerin stood still, unsure of what was going on. Ever Yerin had been flirting more, SinB had stopped her physical and flirtatious advances. Right now was the first time she’d initiated close contact since.

 

Wrapping her arms around Yerin’s neck in an intimate hug, SinB whispered in Yerin’s ear, breath hot on sensitive skin, “See you later, unnie.”

 

Then just like that, she was gone, tossing a good-bye to the other girls as she pranced away, clearly pleased with what she’d done.

 

Yerin was stuck in her spot for several moments, rewinding the moment in her mind– the way SinB had practically molded to her body, the way her voice sounded low in her ear, the teasing tone she held. Yerin thought she’d finally turned the tables on her, only for SinB to do this.

 

Yerin jumped when Sowon clapped a hand on her shoulder. She glanced at her best friend who was wearing a knowing grin.

 

“You’ve got it bad,” Sowon laughed.

 

“So bad,” Eunha nodded.

 

“And you’ve got her coming over tonight,” Yuju grinned.

 

“To your house,” Umji nodded.

 

Then, with creepy telepathy born out of being friends for so many years, the girls said in unison, “In your bedroom.”

 

Yerin fought the urge to throw something at all of them and said, “Shut up. I’m going home.” Her inability to give a comeback just urged more laughter, and she hung her head low as she walked home and tried to figure out what she was going to do.


A/N: A shorter chapter, but the next one makes the length worth it! Thanks again to everyone who's subscribed and left comments. It makes my day :)