Chapter 19: Epilogue

Cappuccinos & Crushes

A/N: Ahh, I feel like I might've misspoken earlier but this is the last chapter. Nonetheless, thank you to everyone for the kind comments and thank you to those who've enjoyed and supported this story.


“Can I get a small cappuccino?”

 

“3,000 won and a kiss please.”

 

“Wow, you’re prices sure have gone up,” SinB joked. She handed over the money and leaned over to give Yerin a quick peck. “How was your last final?”

 

“Tough but I did well,” Yerin replied as she started making SinB’s coffee to-go. “The graduation starts at seven, right?”

 

“Yeah,” SinB nodded. “Sowon-unnie and Umji-yah are already there, saving us and their families seats.”

 

“Can you believe Yuju-yah and Eunha-yah are graduating?” Yerin couldn’t help but marvel at how quickly time passed. It felt like just yesterday that Yerin had graduated herself, cheering with Sowon that they were finally finished. Now, here she was, already a year done of university and her relationship with SinB was still as strong as ever.

 

“Next year, I’ll be the one graduating,” SinB bragged happily. Yerin rolled her eyes and smiled. She handed over the cappuccino and told SinB to wait at a table while she got her things from the back room.

 

Yerin knew her girlfriend was just ready to leave high school, especially now that it would only be her and Umji. She’d be lying if she wasn’t also excited for SinB to graduate, ready for her to have the same flexible schedule as her with breaks between classes and a place of her own on campus for them to be together.

 

Yerin and SinB walked to the school where the graduation was being held, easily spotting Sowon and Umji toward the front of the crowd. They joined them and said their hellos to Yuju and Eunha’s families.

 

While a graduation was fairly exciting when it was your own, sitting through others’ was a struggle.

 

Yerin kept dozing off, only for SinB to wake her up with a pinch to the thigh. In an effort to stay awake, Yerin occupied herself with draw patterns on SinB’s thigh. She did it almost absent-mindedly, not realizing SinB was squirming until she suddenly placed her hand over Yerin’s with a tight smile.

 

She leaned and whispered, “I usually wouldn’t mind, but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen you.”

 

It took Yerin a moment to translate SinB’s modest way of saying “I usually wouldn’t mind, but it’s been awhile since we’ve slept together.”

 

Yerin blushed and pulled away, putting both hands in her lap. It hadn’t taken long for her and SinB’s physical relationship to advance once Yerin had her single dorm, no parents, or anyone else for that matter, to worry about interrupting them. It was something intimate they both treasured, and Yerin had never thought she’d love having her own place so much. The only downside was when one or both of them got too busy to hang out for a while, making their hormones go a little haywire. Like recently, when Yerin had to bury herself away to study for her finals. It’d been almost three weeks since Yerin had seen SinB for more than a quick food drop-off and make-out session that never went as far as either of them would’ve liked, since Yerin insisted she had to go back to studying.

 

After what felt like an excruciatingly long graduation, the girls went out to dinner to celebrate Yuju and Eunha. Sowon stood up to make a speech, waving around her champagne while SinB glared at her own sparkling cider.

 

“We are so lucky to have you girls in our lives,” Sowon said. “Both of you are such kind, smart, beautiful women. Yuju-yah, you are definitely the weird friend, but you’re always there when we need you and always with a beautiful song. Eunha-yah, I don’t know where I’d be without you, and more importantly, I don’t know where we’d be without you, or Yuju-yah. So let’s cheer for Yuju-yah and Eunha-yah!”

 

Everyone raised their glasses in agreement before settling down to eat. Conversation flowed easily between the girls, everyone buzzing in excitement for the upcoming summer. Eunha seemed set on having a girls’ trip to the beach, meaning Sowon was too because she could never say no to Eunha. Yuju seemed on board, but SinB frowned at the mention of water. She reluctantly agreed when Yerin said she’d get to see her in a swimsuit.

 

After that, it was talk of college. Yuju and Eunha were nearly bouncing as they excitedly talked moving in and finally being back with Yerin and Sowon.

 

“That will be us in a year, SinB-ah,” Umji whispered.

 

“Counting down the days,” SinB winked. She turned to Yerin who was matching the maknaes with a fond smile. “Are you counting down the days?”

 

“Yeah, counting down the days until I have to clean up your mess in your dorm as well as mine,” Yerin teased.

 

SinB laughed and pinched Yerin’s cheek in retribution. “I’ll have you know that I always offered to clean up, but you said I never did it correctly.”

 

“That’s because you never did,” Yerin grinned. She looped arms with her girlfriend, laying her head on her shoulder. “It's okay. I’ll just make you pay with kisses and cuddles.”

 

“I don’t think that’s a fair trade,” SinB retorted. She wrapped an arm around Yerin and smirked. “My kisses and cuddles are so worth more than that.” She went to kiss Yerin, only for Sowon to throw a bread roll that nailed SinB in the face. SinB glared daggers at the grinning eldest who merely said, “Get a room.”

 

SinB looked like she was going to throw more than a bread roll at Sowon, so Yerin distracted her by cupping her face and guiding her back to look at her. “I love you,” Yerin told her.

 

Like magic, SinB melted at the words, becoming a soft mess of smiles as she leaned into Yerin’s touch. SinB kissed Yerin without interruptions this time and shyly whispered back, “I love you too.”