Chapter 10

Cappuccinos & Crushes

Soft lips caressed Yerin’s ear, teasingly blowing hot air before nipping at it gently. Hands joined the lips in playing, running up and down her spine with ticklish lightness. “Yerin-ah,” SinB’s voice hummed. “Yerin-ah…”

 

“Yerin-ssi!”

 

Yerin knocked over a mug (it didn’t break thankfully) when Sejeong’s voice snapped her out of her daydream. Blushing, she apologized. She righted the mug and finished cleaning it to put away. She tried to ignore that she’d just been caught fantasizing about SinB, but Yerin knew what was coming for when Sejeong and Joy popped up on either side of her as they’d taken to doing.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Joy questioned, trying to gauge the SinB situation. Yerin certainly seemed okay now. “Is it a certain dancer?”

 

“I would never do that to Sejeong-ssi,” Yerin teased.

 

Sejeong laughed at her wit but was still curious about Yerin’s good mood. She leaned in closer, as if whispering a secret. “Cute but you know we’re talking about SinB-ssi.”

 

“Oh, you were?”

 

Caught off guard by Yerin’s sudden playfulness, Sejeong and Joy glanced at each other in mild alarm over Yerin’s head.

 

“I will say one thing though,” Yerin hummed, turning to lean against the counter.

 

“And what is that?” Sejeong asked.

 

“Joy-ssi was right.”

 

The other girls paused to glance to each other. Joy tried not to sound too confused as she asked, “About what?”

 

“SinB-ah is a good kisser.”

 

Both girls gasped at the revelation before squealing and congratulating Yerin. They quickly hounded her for details that Yerin sparingly gave. She already had an outline of the story to give, since she’d told her friends from school a few days earlier with similar reactions.

 

“Finally!” Eunha cheered. “It’s about time.”

 

“You’ll be a very cute couple,” Umji smiled. “Even cuter than…” She trailed off, glancing at Sowon and Eunha, something only Yuju and Yerin noticed.

 

“Cuter than who?” Sowon probed.

 

Umji sent a panicked look to Yuju, who smoothly answered, “Cuter than any other couple at the school.”

 

“Yeah they’ll be pretty cute,” Sowon accepted the answer easily. “Maybe you can get her to behave too, Yerin-ah.”

 

“I heard that, you giraffe,” SinB said as she joined the group. She smiled at Yerin sweetly before standing next to her. She let Yerin hold her hand without complain, rolling her eyes when the girls started cooing and gushing over them. “Alright, say bye now. Yerin-ah made me promise I’d take her to get snacks before her shift.”

 

“Aww, how whipped,” Sowon teased.

 

Rather than get flustered or annoyed by the joke, SinB merely regarded Sowon for a long moment, wearing a cool smirk. “You say that now, Sowon-unnie, but just you wait.”

 

Sowon startled at the words. “What do you mean by that?”

 

“You’ll see,” SinB sang as she said bye to everyone else, tugging Yerin along by the hand.

 

Now it was the weekend, an entire week after Yerin had confessed. While Yerin desperately wanted to be on a date right now with SinB, her parents had asked her to take the Saturday shift for a worker who’d caught the flu. She couldn’t say no, especially since her parents took the news of her dating SinB so well, with them even commenting about what a nice girl she was. All she had to look forward to was SinB coming to visit after seeing her brother.

 

Every time the bell above the door rang, Yerin would look up hopefully. After knowing who she was waiting for, Sejeong and Joy resumed their jokes from before Yerin and SinB’s fight. At some point during her shift, Joy called her a dog from the way she answered the bell, and Sejeong said she was like another Pavlovian experiment.

 

Nearing dinner time, Yerin’s prayers were answered when SinB finally walked through the doorway, carrying a plastic bag. The younger girl bounced up to the counter, grinning like an idiot.

 

“Hi,” SinB said shyly.

 

“Hi,” Yerin smiled.

 

SinB lifted the bag she was holding to show Yerin, blushing. “I, uh, brought you dinner if you haven’t eaten yet.” Her cheeks reddened further when Sejeong and Joy oohed and ahhed from behind Yerin. “Should I just leave this with you?”

 

“No, no, no,” Sejeong jumped in as Joy grabbed Yerin by the shoulders and steered her to the other side of the counter. “You guys enjoy dinner, since Yerin-ssi had to work today. We’ve got it covered.”

 

“O-oh,” SinB nodded slowly. She knew Yerin was good friends with Sejeong and Joy, but this was much more than she’d been expecting. “Thank you very much.”

 

“No problem, kid,” Joy said as she deposited Yerin next to SinB. “You can even sit in the back room if you want. That way if you guys want to make out we don’t have to see.”

 

Yerin and SinB’s faces flamed at the mention of making out.

 

Sejeong tried to hold back her laughter, gesturing for Joy to come back to the counter. “Alright, you’ve made your point, Joy-ssi. Leave them alone.”

 

Unwilling to risk Joy saying any more embarrassing things, Yerin quickly led SinB into the back room. It was a small room used for employees to rest during their breaks, equipped with a fridge, couch, table, and chairs. Yerin debated whether to sit at the table or couch. The table would definitely be easier to eat at, but on the couch she’d be able to sit closer to SinB. She wanted to be logical about this but the part of her wanting to kiss SinB again chose the couch.

 

“Thank you for the food, Eunbi-yah,” Yerin said as they sat down. Just as she expected, SinB sat close, barely leaving any space between them. “What is it?”

 

“Soondae and tteokbokki. My brother and I ended up just eating street food and walking around the shops. I picked that up for you on the way back so it’d be warm.”

 

Yerin smiled at the younger girl’s thoughtfulness. When SinB had said she wasn’t a romantic, she’d been lying through her teeth. Yerin leaned over and pressed a lingering kiss to SinB’s cheek as thanks, gratified to see her blush lightly.

 

While Yerin ate, SinB regaled her time with her brother and stories that had happened at school she hadn’t already told her. Yerin listened intently, loving that since the kiss SinB seemed to be more open with telling her things. There was a new lightness to SinB, eyes bright and excited whenever they were together. It filled Yerin with a new warmth to know that SinB felt that way with her. While they still hadn't really addressed the Eunseo thing, they were in a good place right now and that's all Yerin could really ask for.

 

“Are you full?” SinB suddenly asked.

 

Yerin realized she’d stopped eating, too distracted by her thoughts of SinB. She laughed at herself softly before putting the food aside. “I’m still hungry,” Yerin hummed.

 

“Oh, I can grab you some different food if you aren’t feeling the street food?” SinB offered, completely serious and utterly oblivious to Yerin’s double entendre. She was halfway off the couch when Yerin stopped her with a hand to the chest, gently pushing her back on.

 

“Not that kind of hungry, Eunbi-yah.”

 

SinB’s eyes grew to the size of saucers. “O-oh okay.”

 

With more confidence than she felt, Yerin swung her leg around to straddle SinB. “Is this okay?” Yerin checked, only receiving a speechless nod in reply. She giggled quietly at SinB’s surprise. She wrapped her arms around SinB’s neck and gave her a loving kiss, one she’d been dying to give her all week.

 

“Right, that kind of hungry,” SinB said under her breath, more to herself than Yerin, making the older girl laugh. The younger girl her lips nervously and her eyes darted to the door that led to the cafe. “Um, are you sure you want to, uh, do this here?”

 

“Positive,” Yerin murmured. “Now, Eunbi-yah, shut up.” With that, Yerin leaned forward again, kissing SinB soundly. While tentative at first, SinB quickly warmed up to the kisses, lost in the feel of Yerin’s lips against hers. They kissed leisurely, more loving than their passionate kisses from the last time. It wasn’t until Yerin felt SinB’s tongue flick at the her lips that things heated up. Yerin let her in without hesitation, fighting a moan that crawled up at the feel of SinB’s tongue silky and hot on her own.

 

Just as SinB’s fingers began to toy with the hem of Yerin’s shirt, Sowon burst into the backroom, yelling, “Yerin-ah, we have a problem!”

 

SinB quickly broke away from Yerin and glared at Sowon. “Yeah, we do.”

 

Yerin sighed and slid off SinB’s lap, giving the younger girl a shove to the shoulder as she did so. When SinB turned to glare at her too, Yerin rolled her eyes and flicked her in the nose, making the younger girl yelp.

 

Sowon, who finally began to realize what she’d interrupted, facepalmed and said while blushing, “Sorry for just barging in. When I didn’t see you out front, I asked your co-workers. They said you were in here eating dinner.”

 

“Don’t worry about it, Sowon-unnie,” Yerin reassured her, pinching SinB on the thigh when it looked like she was going to complain. “What’s your problem?”

 

“I kissed Eunha-yah.”