Chapter 5

Cappuccinos & Crushes

As Yerin trailed after Sejeong the next day, she tried not to dwell too much on SinB’s words.

 

“It’s a date.”

 

Last night, SinB hadn’t walked Yerin home. Instead she came by the counter to say good-bye, explaining she had to meet up her brother. Yerin had nodded along and tried to hide her disappointment, which she’d done a terrible job at if Sejeong and Joy’s snickers had been anything to go by. However, their laughter abruptly stopped when SinB had leaned over the counter to kiss Yerin’s cheek, telling her she’d see her tomorrow.

 

Yerin still had a headache from all the teasing.

 

“Yerin-unnie!”

 

Not expecting the voice, Yerin spun around unsteadily to see Umji and Yuju.

 

“Umji-yah, what are you doing dragging Yuju-yah around like a doll?” Yerin joked.

 

Interestingly enough, Umji blushed and dropped Yuju’s arm. “SinB-ah texted me about her showcase and mentioned you’d be going too. I got Yuju-unnie to come with me, but Sowon-unnie and Eunha-unnie said they’d made plans already.”

 

“Really?” The surprises kept coming for Yerin. She supposed her and (mainly) SinB’s meddling had finally gone somewhere. “Well, that’s okay. I’m sure there will be a recording. Now, let’s get going!”

 

Yerin introduced Sejeong to Umji and Yuju, and she was glad that they got along. It was unsurprising since Sejeong tended to be easy-going. Yerin let the other girls get to know each other as they walked, perking up when she saw Source Dance Studio come into view. She glanced at her phone to check the time and saw they were fifteen minutes early.

 

The girls were waved into a small auditorium. Since they were early it was still relatively empty. Taking advantage of their promptness, they chose a spot on the front row. They excitedly chatted among themselves about the dancing they’d get to see.

 

Yerin was talking to Sejeong about Chungha when a pair of hands suddenly placed themselves over her eyes. She immediately tensed and placed a hand on the person’s wrist. “Excuse me?”

 

Familiar laughter followed as Yerin got her eyesight back. SinB wrapped her arms around Yerin’s shoulders from behind, resting her chin next to Yerin’s. “Hi, unnie.”

 

Yerin fought the instinctual panic that rose up in as she felt SinB’s warmth against her back and her face pressed against hers. “H-hi, SinB-ssi.” Thankfully and regrettably, SinB released her to walk around and face them. Did Yerin say regrettably? She took it back as she saw in SinB in her dancewear. The younger girl was wearing a small pair of black shorts that showed off smooth legs and a loose black tee tucked in, giving off that boyish vibe Yerin adored. “Y-you look, uh, really nice.”

 

SinB smiled and blushed a little (though that might’ve just been Yerin’s wishful thinking). “Thanks, unnie. Chungha-unnie should be here soon. She just had to check on some last minute stuff.”

 

“O-oh, Chungha-ssi?” Sejeong stammered, and Yerin felt oddly victorious that she wasn’t the only one acting like a fool.

 

SinB smiled again, but Yerin recognized this one as her patented Little Sh*t™ smile. “Yeah, she’s really excited that you came, Sejeong-unnie. Oh, look there she is!”

 

It took all of Yerin’s willpower to not burst out laughing as Sejeong practically choked on her own spit when she laid her eyes on Chungha. The dancer was wearing tight shorts similar to SinB’s but her shirt was a rather attractive crop top that gave view to a flat stomach and abs. Yerin glanced at SinB to see her mouthing ‘I picked that out.’ Of course, that at least explained the smile from before.

 

“Hey, SinB-ssi, these are your friends?” Chungha asked as she walked up, taking a moment to wave to an oblivious Sejeong who was too busy drooling. “It’s nice to meet all you. SinB’s mentioned all of you… You must be Yerin?” Chungha looked at Yerin expectantly then to SinB, whose face was rapidly turning red.

 

“Unnie, come on we should go get ready,” SinB said, ignoring the way her cheeks were burning red. She tugged at Chungha who laughed and said, “Okay, see you guys later then.”

 

“SinB-ssi must talk about you a lot,” Yuju smirked as they watched SinB drag Chungha away.

 

Yerin just laughed, trying to ignore the way her heart jumped at the thought that SinB might like her too.

 

A few minutes later, the showcase began. To put it short, it was absolutely amazing and captivating. Everyone who came thoroughly enjoyed the show, but none as much as Sejeong and Yerin. Sejeong had seen Chungha dance before, so she was only mesmerized by all of the skin on display. Yerin, on the other hand, had only heard of SinB dancing, so to see it happen was a different experience altogether.

 

SinB was positively electric when she danced. Her moves were clean and sharp, showing great control and power with every dance. Not to mention, her gaze was way hotter than it should’ve been with dark eyes and a slight smirk. SinB knew she was good and it only added to her appeal.

 

By the end of the showcase, Sejeong and Yerin were nothing but piles of goo, making Umji and Yuju giggle. They bid the older girls good-bye and left them to wait for Chungha and SinB to come out of the locker rooms.

 

While they waited, Sejeong nudged Yerin. “When they get here, I’m gonna leave with Chungha-ssi. Give us both some alone time.”

 

“Who are you and what have you done with the lovesick puppy I’ve worked with the past month?” Yerin joked.

 

“I don’t know. I just feel like tonight is lucky.”

 

Before Sejeong could elaborate more, Chungha and SinB approached them, both wearing Source hoodies. Sejeong and Yerin complimented both girls on their dancing, but that was all Yerin managed to say before Sejeong got Chungha to go with her, leaving Yerin and SinB alone.

 

“You really did do great, SinB-ssi,” Yerin said.

 

SinB smiled. “Thanks, unnie. Now, let’s get some ice cream.”

 

“Who’s paying?”

 

“Unnie, of course!”

 

“I never said that,” Yerin protested, which was useless since she let SinB drag her down the street anyways.

 

SinB turned those dark eyes on her and pouted, using aegyo to ask, “Will unnie buy TinB ice cream for her hard work?”

 

Knowing she was bested, Yerin sighed and said, “Yes, unnie will buy you some ice cream.”

 

SinB whooped in delight and excitedly pulled Yerin along by the hand, intertwining their fingers as she did so. Yerin glanced down at their hands but said nothing as SinB told her stories from backstage about dancers and their drama.

 

When they arrived to the ice cream shop, they ordered and quickly found a bench outside to eat on. Yerin had decided to get a cone while SinB happily spooned at her cup. The two girls savored their ice cream in silence for a while, until SinB glanced over at Yerin and started laughing.

 

“What?” Yerin demanded.

 

“Unnie,” SinB said between giggles, “you have ice cream on your face.”

 

“Where?”

 

SinB leaned closer, and Yerin froze. The younger girl slowly raised a hand to Yerin’s face, gently use her thumb to rub at some ice cream at the corner of her lips. When she was satisfied that the ice cream was gone, SinB brought the thumb to her lips to off the ice cream. Meanwhile, Yerin was rapidly losing her cool, feeling warm all over despite the ice cream melting onto her hand.

 

Okay, fine. Two could play at this game.