Chapter Nineteen

The Summer that Never Ends

“The moon above you and the streets below. Hold my breath as you're moving in. Taste your lips and feel your skin. When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly.”—Kiss me slowly by Parachute

 

They only had a week to hang out before they split up for their summer trips. They planned to make the most of it and hang out as often as they could in those seven days.

 

Jaejoong hated leaving Yunho, though he was excited to travel the country with his family. But they were so new and there was so many experiences to gain. Yunho felt the same way as he did, even if he was trembling in his socks with excitement at going to the military base. Such an honor.

 

The day after their morning run and the frolic that turned into an embarrassing episode, they decided to meet up and hang out downtown. Jaejoong had dinner plans with his family that evening. They went into an ice cream parlor and sat down to eat their large, sweet treats.

 

As they ate and talk, a group of people walked in who Jaejoong knew and Yunho was vaguely familiar with. It was a few of Jaejoong’s choral members. Their time together was cut short.

 

Soojin, who was in the group, kept trying to make deep eye contact with Yunho who felt more uncomfortable with each minute that passed.

 

Yunho was thankful when it was time for them to leave and go back home, though he did not want to leave Jaejoong. He felt as if their time together was never long enough.

 

He dragged Jaejoong inside the bathroom at the train station before they got in their separate trains and kissed him. Hard.

 

So far Jaejoong had taken the initiative and Yunho’s behavior shock him. It was a pleasant surprise, though. Yunho was the aggressor. He made his way around Jaejoong’s mouth solely on instinct.

 

The kiss was hot, and paradoxically sticky and slippery, and tasted of vanilla and chocolate, and a bit salty from the light perspiration that coated their skin. The kiss tasted like summer.

 

Yunho dropped his hands on Jaejoong’s hips and pulled him closer, their bodies crashing together. The inside of Yunho’s mouth and his seeking tongue was cool. He nibbled on a panting Jaejoong’s bottom lip, swiping his tongue on the tender flesh before he slipped his tongue between the folds and tangled his tongue with Jaejoong’s, and gently there. Making his partner trembled and melted in his arm.

 

 

 

Jaejoong eagerly kissed Yunho back, gripping his arm, anchoring himself. His knees felt weak. Feeling Yunho’s strong arms and chest, where he was plastered, tasting him and smelling him made him weak.

 

Their head went white.

 

The kiss was mind blowing. A huge improvement from the first, even if they still had a long way to go.

 

When they stepped apart, Jaejoong asked him “Why?” with a pleased smile.

 

Yunho playfully winked. Grabbing his partner’s hand, tugging his fingers with his head down with the occasional upward glances, he said, “I really wanted to kiss you.” For the last two days. No, since the night he realized the extent of his feelings. He always wanted to be kissing Jaejoong.

 

He dropped a softer, tender kiss on Jaejoong’s lips—which felt like an imprint, his signature.

 

Jaejoong d Yunho’s nape, smiling he dotted kisses on his lips. Leaving his taste on Yunho’s lips and fragrance on his clothes and skin. Citrus drove him crazy for the whole night till he could be with Jaejoong again.

 

Though Jaejoong appreciated Yunho’s bluntness, he blushed till dinner that evening and trashed around on his bed in careless happiness till sleep lured him to the land of darkness.

 

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cbhe2Hvy6Qvb_1i1r0ouygc1bw6NntnU4PH2iEiMiVPjs7BRCdMYrDrJ2NqBOSIvxtAsE537F9EY6iNzkYrbOLzOxYFxGLZ7MQDd_hc162cET8LbP2dTQjUAv33q87fngqIuPHdQ

They made plans to meet at Jaejoong’s midafternoon the next day.

 

The next morning as Jaejoong made his small breakfast, his family rushing around as they got ready to head out and complete their day, the phone rung and his father called his name. It was for him and it was Juhli on the line.

 

“Good morning, Ju. What’s up?” He took a large gulp of his water.

 

“Hey, morning. Let me make this quick. You have time later?”

 

“When and why?”

 

“Mother Gym is coming down for the summer and we’re throwing her a ‘Welcome Back’ dinner party today—a barbeque, it’ll be fun. You know she loves you. Come join us.”

 

Mother Gym was Juhli’s maternal grandmother.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me in advance?”

 

“I knew you would not be doing anything.”

 

He scoffed, acting offended. “I am busy.” He was.

 

“Still, you’ll come, right?” She paused. “If you are not present, she will be disappointed.”

 

He loved and respected her too much to not show his face.

 

“I won’t have time to get her anything other than candy, or something.”

 

“Don’t bring anything.”

 

“I can’t. That’s rude.”

 

“That a custom of ours I hate. Really, you do not have to.”

 

He would buy something. He couldn’t go there bare-handed, especially when he was welcoming someone of Mother Gym’s age and status. “When?”

 

“You have plans?”

 

“Well…Sort of.”

 

There was a pause.

 

“Yunho?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Do you have plans with Yunho?”

 

“Yeah.” He felt awkward telling her that, it was something in her voice.

 

“Good,” she chirped. She sounded excited and hopeful. “Ask him to come, too. The more the merrier.”

 

“Isn’t it a family gathering?”

 

“Are you, Hyein, and the rest of our choral friends family? I’ve invited all of them.”

 

“Okay, Ju!”

 

“You’ll do it?”

 

“Why don’t you ask him yourself?”

 

“You’ll be with him.”

 

“It’s just a phone call.”

 

“You are closer to him.”

 

“Why do you want him there?”

 

“You do not have to invite him if you do not want, Jaejoong.” She sounded hurt.

 

“I didn’t mean…” He stopped talking and sighed. “I’ll do it. What time?”

 

“Five.”

 

“I’ll ask Yunho when I see him.”

 

“Good. Thank you, sweetie. Can’t wait to see you. Come with an empty stomach. I have to run now.” There was commotion in the background. “I’m coming!” she screamed. “We are going to go pick her up,” she informed her friend, her voice lively. “See you later!” She severed their connection.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cbhe2Hvy6Qvb_1i1r0ouygc1bw6NntnU4PH2iEiMiVPjs7BRCdMYrDrJ2NqBOSIvxtAsE537F9EY6iNzkYrbOLzOxYFxGLZ7MQDd_hc162cET8LbP2dTQjUAv33q87fngqIuPHdQ

 

It was Yunho’s first time at the singer’s and he took everything in quickly. He was nervous to be there, and being completely alone with Jaejoong

 

Jaejoong’s home was clean and tidy. Yunho realized he expected something more ostentatious and less somber, as the Kims were a large family. He shouldn’t have, though, because the place reflected what most living quarters looked like in Peyisivil. The country’s military background shone. Yunho’s own home was much more lively and clustered, though much, much bigger.

 

Simplicity decorated the Kim’s living quarters.

 

“What?” Jaejoong asked, looking back at Yunho quizzically, tilting his head to the side.

 

Yunho shook his head and smiled at him, eyes forming crescents. “I feel nervous.” He kicked his shoes off and picked them up, stacking them in the empty shoes cupboard.

 

The light skinned male barked a short laugh. “Don’t worry. Come in.” Jaejoong ushered Yunho in, lips lifting in a bright smile.

 

His family was out of the house, his parents and older siblings at their jobs, with Moonbok at his youth meeting. They had the house to themselves.

 

“Want something to drink?” the singer asked, leading Yunho into the interaction room. He rubbed his hands together, looking at Yunho who was looking around the triangular, airy room.

 

Jaejoong’s breath caught. Yunho looked scrumptiously handsome in his black track pants with the crimson red and navy-blue strips on the sides, bright red military jacket with the country's flag over his heart over a blank black T-shirt.

 

Jaejoong looked away, face and lower belly heating in shame and something else.

 

Yunho took his jacket off, pressing it on his belly. “Yeah, sure.” He grinned.

 

“Cool. Good.” He stuttered. Added a brightness to his smile as he pointed for Yunho to take a seat.

 

Rushing to the kitchen, he grabbed two clean glasses from the drying cup rack. He placed them on the wooden kitchen table, his fingers trembled.

 

Why was he nervous? Was it because Yunho was over at his for the first time? It was not like Yunho was meeting his family, plus they had been alone together before numerous of times.

 

Seeping in some air, he straightened his back and took measured steps to the fridge and opened it. He methodically grabbed the tea pitcher and filled the cups. He walked to the cupboard, opened it and reached for a plastic flowery platter when Yunho’s soft, deep voice reached him, punching him in the gut. He jolted, flipping around, platter forgotten.

 

“Hey,” Jaejoong smiled, smoothing his hair—focusing on his sideburns. He really was nervous. Anxious even. “Do you want something?”

 

Yunho shook his head, a soft smile on his lips, he inched in. “No. I was getting restless waiting for you in there. Want any help?”

 

“I’m good. I am almost done.”

 

Platter!

 

He turned around and reached for it. Taking the platter, he walked to the table where the cups were, slipped it on the table and placed the cups on it.

 

“Would you like a snack?” the dark-haired male asked, lifting his head. He arched an eyebrow. “We have ice cream, if you want something cold and sweet.”

 

Yunho scrunched his nose in disgust. “Not with tea.” He sniggered.

 

“Right,” Jaejoong muttered, running his fingers through his hair again.

 

Yunho stopped next to him and gave him a silly grin. It was beyond sweet. Jaejoong fingers trembled. He squeezed his hands in a fist.

 

“I saw your family picture.” The large picture hung in the equally as large picture frame in the interaction room.

 

“What about it?” He asked, walking to the cupboard to get snacks. He read a few names off. Yunho walked up next to him, and as he looked the food over, he added, “It made me think about what it would be like to be in such a large family. I felt so much warmth, love, compassion and understanding.”

 

Jaejoong snorted. Some of the nervousness seeping out of Jaejoong’s stiff joints. “All of that from one picture.”

 

Yunho nodded in that cute way of his, making Jaejoong’s heart lurched. “I’ve always wanted a large family.”

 

Jaejoong snickered, shaking his head. “Ooh, you do not, Yunho.”

 

“Why not?” the teen asked, also laughing.

 

Jaejoong laughed once more and shook his head.

 

They settle on some cracker. Getting the tray, Jaejoong walked out of the sunny kitchen in even gaits with Yunho after him.

 

“Tell me. Why not?” Yunho asked, laughter on the edge of his words.

 

Jaejoong got on his knees on the soft, circular carpet under the low table and slid the flowery platter there. He stayed there, looking at Yunho who dropped on the plush tan five seat sofa. His legs naturally slipped open, he was comfortable. He leaned his bare elbows on his firm clad thighs and gravitated toward Jaejoong, his gaze elevated from the male who was still on the floor.

 

Jaejoong’s eyes caught on Yunho’s lips. That wretched, glorious bottom lip.

 

Biting his lip, he looked away acting as if he was thinking about Yunho’s question. He busied his hand by reaching for his cup and taking delicate sips.

 

He cleared his throat. “It feels like you never have enough space for yourself. You are always surrounded by others. You have no time to...relax. There is always noise. They are nosey.” He frowned and spun his glass on the table.

 

“It is silent with only one sister. A sister who is always busy. Always away. Always too...grown. Even though only a few, insignificant years separates us. She is always busy with her school, jobs, and outside activities. I want...to be an older sibling.” He blushed, scratching his cheek. He was embarrassed.

 

Jaejoong chuckled.

 

“I wished I could switch with you. I want some alone time. I want to worry about life alone without anyone always asking me wherever I turn ‘what are you thinking?’” He made that face again. It was comical. Yunho laughed.

 

“What?”

 

“Your face,” Yunho offered, swallowing a huge gulp of tea.

 

“I am happy it can make you laugh.” He rolled his eyes good naturedly.

 

Yunho simply smiled.

 

Resting his elbow on the table, Jaejoong sat on his legs. He said in a distracted voice, eyes fixating on the swirling red liquid in his glass, “You should have a large family to understand the pain.”

 

“My parents are adamant that they are not having any more kids.”

 

“Ooh, nature, no!” Jaejoong flipped his hand back and forth in the large space between them. His smile board and sultry. Jaejoong said, “I meant you. You should have a lot of children.”

 

He didn’t see the way Yunho physically reacted to his statement, because he had taken his eyes off him and rested his burning cheek on his arm, face soaking the sun.

 

“Yeah,” was Yunho’s reserved reply.

 

Eyelashes forming inverted crowns, shading his cheeks, Jaejoong loudly inhaled and exhaled. After a long silence he opened his eyes. He saw Yunho’s redrawn expression then.

 

“Are you rethinking about wanting a large family?” He asked, even though he feared that was not it.

 

Yunho sighed and shook his head. “No, never mind.” He smiled apologetically.

 

Jaejoong then realized what he had said and all the loaded implications.

 

They were sort of dating. Though they still had not given a name to what they were, it was dating. But they both knew they could and would not last. They could not. They were committing a grave national crime by simply feeling what they felt for each other. Neither of them could give the other children. None of them could promise forever or a future—not even tomorrow.

 

There was nothing Jaejoong could say to sooth Yunho.

 

Sighing, Jaejoong resumed his previous position. He closed his eyes listening to the sound of the apartment building creaking, the sound of his neighbors, and the loud activities going on around them. The world felt alive but soothing at the same time.

 

With the sun flowing in, illuminating the dark-haired teen, his pink lips slightly parted, long inky lashes casting shadows on his cheek, he was something to behold. Yunho’s eyes soaked in the beauty that Jaejoong presented while a dull pain gripped him.

 

He realized all he would be able to have of Jaejoong was this youthful image of him. He would never get to see his opaque hair turn gray, fine lines form on his smooth, pink cheeks and forehead, his muscles slowly erasing, his skin turning supple and fine. They were not that lucky. All they had was now.

 

They were a deal that was made with the knowledge that it would be short lived and ended as fast as it was agreed upon. A fickle teenage romance that could never compare to the real love that family brought—something sturdy, that would last through the harsh weathers and the ups and down.

 

They were fragile glass.

 

That’s how it was in Peyisivil for people like them who liked the same . At least that’s what Yunho assumed. They couldn’t be the only two.

 

As they were contemplating life, the front door came to life.

 

They teenage boy’s eyes met.

 

Jaejoong startled up, gripping the edge of the table he jumped up. Already making for the front door. The nervous feeling came back, this time with a panicky feeling that promised to choke him.

 

Who could it be?

 

His question was answered. It was Kim Lieah.

 

They met her at the alcove at the entrance.

 

“Lieah!” Jaejoong exclaimed, sounding out of breath.

 

The pretty young woman blinked at her brother and the taller handsome teenage male standing a step behind him.

 

“You are home?” she asked, frowning.

 

“Yes. Umm…” Jaejoong moved to the side and partially turned toward Yunho. “My friend has come over to spend the time with me.”

 

“Hello.” She gave him a congenial smile, stepping out of her last shoe.

 

Yunho bowed, placing his hand in his open palm in front of his chest. The highest form of respect.

 

Lieah laughed. “You do not need to be so formal.”

 

Yunho stood to attention, hands at his sides, as if he was ready to lead a drill.

 

“You are Sanah’s junior, right?”

 

Yunho nodded.

 

She really did look like Jaejoong. So much more in real life than in the family picture.

 

“You guys enjoy each other. I am here to grab some documents I forgot.” She winked at them before departing for her room.

 

The males shared a look. Yunho smiled at Jaejoong telling him wordlessly that he liked his senior.

 

They stood in the short hall, near the door and waited for Lieah to return, large black envelope in her hand. She once again smiled at the teens, put her shoes on, flipped her long hair over her shoulder and walked out. Telling her brother “Lock the door for me, dear.” She waved one last time at them and disappeared behind the closing door.

 

“She is beautiful,” Yunho muttered a few minutes later, her perfume permeating the air.

 

Jaejoong sniggered. “Yeah, she is.”

 

“She looks like you,” Yunho grabbed the courage to say. Jaejoong’s step faltered, but he quickly composed himself and resumed walking.

 

“We all look alike,” was his response.

 

They went back to the interaction room and finished their tea. Put everything back into place after washing them and went to Jaejoong’s room.

 

Yunho had to pause and tried to grab his bearings when he was assaulted with citrus—Jaejoong’s scent. He felt his energy being sapped out of him. The teen felt as if his partner was surrounding him, filling his nose with the tender, pleasant fruity fragrance. It was intense and everywhere. A heaven on Earth.

 

He couldn’t help but start smiling.

 

The chamber was small. Yunho already knew that, because he had been over to his friends before. His room was four times bigger than Jaejoong’s bedroom. For the first time in a long time, Yunho noted how much space his home was wasting.

 

He quite liked Jaejoong’s room. It was small, organized, and drab—humoredly so. His desk was clean, with his school books stacked on top of each other to one side next of the small table-bookshelf that was overflowing with notebooks, folders, comic books and novels. What caught Yunho’s eyes, other than the lack of bright colors, was the shining badges of honors that were given during graduation from the Youth Club.

 

“You were awarded so many awards!” Yunho exclaimed, voice laced with respect.

 

Jaejoong laughed.

 

He was still baffled, after three years, over how he was awarded his badges, even though he had informed his supervisors, as they all had to, that he did not plan to join the Youth Infantry.

 

With Jaejoong tinkering with the radio sitting on his windowsill, they traveled down memory lane and recounted their experiences in their respective Youth Club with soft music playing in the background.

 

Yunho assured Jaejoong he deserved his awards, though the ambiance in his voice and his careless denials told Yunho he did not think so nor could he have cared.

 

“You especially deserved the badge of patience.”

 

“No,” Jaejoong hooted.

 

“I do not think so. You are patient.”

 

“I am not. You do not know me well yet.”

 

No, Yunho did know him.

 

After spending this past summer with Jaejoong, Yunho was sure he knew who the beautiful male was. Jaejoong exuded calmness. The way he took things in strides and never seemed to rebel against authority made Yunho wonder if he liked to think through before he acted, or if he suffered from apathy. Whatever it was, Jaejoong was patient.

 

When it came to Yunho’s awards, Jaejoong could guess what he got that night. He did: a leadership badge. He was right. Yunho doubled over, his guffaws reaching new octave.

 

“You are so interesting,” Yunho muttered through his thick laughter.

 

“Thank you.” Jaejoong grinned. “But everyone could get that right. What else have you gotten?” He cupped his cheek, resting his elbow on his thigh.

 

Yunho had been awarded twenty badges that night. He had always been an overachiever. He thrived in the Youth Club. Yunho quickly went over his badges, ending with “Kindness.”

 

That made a a loud and boisterous laugh exploded from Jaejoong’s chest.

 

“What? You think I am undeserving?” He relaxed in Jaejoong’s desk chair.

 

“No. I just could guess.”

 

“I am nice.”

 

“And arrogant.”

 

“How dare you?” Yunho barked, appalled, eyes twinkling mirth. He was enjoying his discussion with Jaejoong too much.

 

Changing positing to his bed, Jaejoong pulled his legs under him, they continued talking. They talked about all the little nonsensical things. Truly getting to know the other deeper than they had before. Yunho was trying to get to know everything about Jaejoong, even the smallest thing and the most unimportant things, like his favorite color, which was red. Yunho’s was canary yellow and blue, like the summer sky in Peyisivil. Nothing compared.

 

Jaejoong confessed when he was younger he was crazy over baseball and dreamt about becoming a player. His singing talent was discovered soon after, and in so little words, he was forced to enter the singing department and spend most of his time practicing. He did not have enough time to do both. He had to ‘choose.’

 

“Though I loved it, I was not that good. So, I guess…” Jaejoong shrugged, “‘Oh well that ended well.’”

 

Yunho could not help but think for the time in his life that maybe in Peyisivil they didn’t have as much freedom as he thought. They could not love who they wanted or choose the career path they wanted. Happiness was something the state ascribed to them. Where they truly happy? Feeling guilty, he quickly remedied, they, their dear leaders, only did what was best suited for them.

 

But he had now with Jaejoong.

 

Pushing the chair toward the bed, he tapped Jaejoong’s left knee.

 

Jaejoong arched an eyebrow and Yunho motioned for him to drop his legs on his lap.

 

Jaejoong blushed. He did that a lot. It was not from embarrassment, more like pleasure.

 

He did as his zealous partner wanted—resting his legs on Yunho thighs.

 

There Yunho began massaging his ankle before he began drumming on his shin, distracting Jaejoong but he still managed to talk.

 

Yunho was touchy, and Jaejoong seriously loved that.

 

Yunho caught Jaejoong’s left hand and twined their fingers together and looked at the contrast of their hands, from shade of skin, to shape of nails, and finger joints. It fascinated the athletic male. He lifted their connected hand and kissed the soft skin at the back of Jaejoong’s.

 

Jaejoong caught his breath. He stopped talking.

 

“Stop.” He protested weakly, not retracting his hand.

 

Yunho smiled and looked down. Dark lashes shading his cheeks.

 

“I really, really like you.”

 

Saliva filled Jaejoong’s mouth and he had to swallow a few times before he could answer in a whisper, “Me too. I like you a lot.”

 

They held eye contact, with Jaejoong leaning in. “Can I—”

 

Yunho rapidly nodded, already tilting his head up, eyes closed, lips puckered. Grinning, Jaejoong pressed his lips lightly against Yunho’s soft ones. His excitement made a thrill run through him.

 

The kiss quikcly turned passionate.

 

Gripping the back of his head, Jaejoong leaned down more, and kissed him harder than he already was.

 

Yunho had to break free. Laughing, he asked, “Are you a cannibal? I feel like you were eating my face.”

 

Jaejoong dropped a quick kiss on the corner of his lips, making Yunho chortled.

 

Before awkwardness could come in between them, Jaejoong remembered about Juhli and shared with Yunho. He had dinner plans with his family. “Before I go off to the base, Poppi wants to take the whole family to town to eat. Tell her I am sorry.”

 

“It’s fine. She won’t mind.” Jeajoong leaned in for another kiss. Yunho readily give it to him.

 

They spent half of their time together out. They went to the batting center after they grabbed lunch.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cbhe2Hvy6Qvb_1i1r0ouygc1bw6NntnU4PH2iEiMiVPjs7BRCdMYrDrJ2NqBOSIvxtAsE537F9EY6iNzkYrbOLzOxYFxGLZ7MQDd_hc162cET8LbP2dTQjUAv33q87fngqIuPHdQ

 

Jaejoong loved Juhli’s family.

 

She was the middle child of three, and the only female. Jaejoong could relate to her when it came to having a large family, though they were not really not that big. In fact, for Peyisivil scale, her immediate family was small. They were all funny, nice folks. They were loud and warm. Exceptionally warm. Just like Juhli was, and that factor attracted the pretty singer to her like ants to honey.

 

The first time Jaejoong met Juhli’s parents, he instantly knew why Juhli was as warm, forgiving, giving and nice as she was.

                                                                                                     

After becoming friends with Juhli from being in the same department and spending most of their days together at practice, and the fact that their first year at secondary school they had have the same homeroom, Jaejoong and Hyein began tagging after Juhli to her apartment over the weekends to hang out and to review during exam seasons. They would alternate between their homes, but the trio prefer the girl’s home more than Jaejoong, because it was quieter and had less traffic.

 

Hyein was the youngest of six. All but two, including her, were married, and all lived separately and away from their childhood home. The year Hyein entered secondary school, her youngest older sister had went off to university in a different department, sponsored by the university. She was the brightest of the siblings, if Jaejoong was to believe the doting Hyein who lavished nothing but compliments on her siblings.

 

 Spending so much time over at Juhli’s, Jaejoong had met her parents, grandparents and siblings. Her maternal grandmother, Mother Gym as they endearingly called her, was a widow and spent summers with her daughter’s family, switching between her eight children’s homes throughout the year. She loved Jaejoong, and for the longest time believed that he and Juhli would make a great couple and had even joked (toyed?) with the idea of filling the required forms to present him as a potential candidate. Finding a partner could be done in that manner. The papers had to be filled by both set of parents with the signature of grandparents, uncles and many more people. The forms took forever to be completed, and in the end, the probability of the request being rejected was ninety percent.

 

Juhli and Jaejoong had looked at each other in disgust when she first said that and told her to never mention such a thing. They loved each other, but it was pure friendship. Giggling, clinging to his arm, Hyein had said she wouldn’t mind replacing Juhli.

 

Mother Gym told Hyein Jaejoong was too gentle and too different from her. “Difference is good, sweet-cheeks, but too much difference is never good for a good, grounded relationship. Similarity is needed.”

 

Hyein had fired back, “We both sing.”

 

“Juhli sings,” was the elderly lady’s pointed reply before she went back to her novel.

 

Shutting , Hyein had glared Juhli down from giggling.

 

Jaejoong was never sure if Hyein was playing with him or being serious. He would know if she was interested in him, right? Yeah, he would, he had decided and still believed. She was just playing. They were friends. Good friends and he could not imagine his life without them. He hoped no matter what happened in their future they would always remained close.

 

That afternoon was when Jaejoong got the inkling that Juhli felt different for Yunho.

 

He hadn’t phoned to tell her Yunho would not be joining him, thinking he could tell her when he saw her.

 

Her pretty face crashed when she opened the door with a large, bright smile and saw it was just him standing on her door step. Her displeasure was obvious and the reason behind it was also clear, but he still opened his mouth, made his tongue work and tell her Yunho had other plans and would not be joining her family. Though her shrug was noncommittal, he could tell she had expected to see the athletic YI general standing next to him.

 

Jaejoong wondered if that’s why she was wearing makeup. She looked lovely, and he told her. She mumbled a “thanks,” gave him a swift hug and ushered him in.

 

It was just her family, they were preparing everything they would need to carry over to the park where the event would be held. Mother Gym was happy to see Jaejoong, she crushed him in a vanilla scent embrace. She had been talking to a bright eye Hyein who lit up and jumped him after the stocky older woman stepped back, releasing the raven-haired singer.

 

It was a normal beginning to an evening Jaejoong ended up enjoying.

 

It was great to be with friends and people he adored.

 

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cbhe2Hvy6Qvb_1i1r0ouygc1bw6NntnU4PH2iEiMiVPjs7BRCdMYrDrJ2NqBOSIvxtAsE537F9EY6iNzkYrbOLzOxYFxGLZ7MQDd_hc162cET8LbP2dTQjUAv33q87fngqIuPHdQ

 

Later that evening at home, Lieah told Jaejoong with a secretive grin, “Your friend is handsome.”

 

His heart thudded. “I supposed.”

 

“You supposed?” She laughed, slapping him on the back. She said as she made to pass him in the hall to enter her room, “I really like him. Take care of him.” She winked, waggling her fingers over her shoulder, leaving a blushing Jaejoong standing in the corridor trying to decipher why she said what she did.

 

Shaking his head after a while, he went for his own bedroom door and entered