The Talk (BM)

For The Love Of Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The kitchen is becoming busy as you and your best friend make dinner for your husbands. It’s the one night you could get together to have a double date, and it’s in the middle of the week. You’re stressed from work and raising your young child, but this should relieve some of it.

“Honey, do you know where the bottle opener is?” Matthew asks as he searches through a drawer.

“Let me see it.” You take the beer bottle from his hand and pop the cap off on your teeth. Your friend looks at you in surprise.

“How is my wife more badass than me?” Matthew takes the bottle back, staring at you in awe.

You laugh at his comment before asking him, “Did you stop by the store to get the present?”

“Present? Present for what?” Matthew furrows his eyebrows.

“How could you forget your son’s birthday? It’s tomorrow.” You respond incredulously.

His arm wraps around your middle as his lips peck your cheek, “I’m just kidding, babe. It’s hiding in my car.”

“Speaking of your son, does he know about the baby?” Your friend enters the conversation.

“No, not yet. I don’t know if I’m ready to tell him where babies come from.” You sigh, cutting into a vegetable.

“I’ll do it.”

“Matthew, no.” You warn.

“I got you. Don’t worry.” He starts making exaggerated faces at you.

“I’m gonna kill you if you do.” You lift up the knife with a playful grin.

“That’s my cue to shut up and leave the kitchen.” He f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter