Horror of the past

How we met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was like any other day for Byul, lifeless and sad, hoping her ball of sunshine would comeback. She decided to turn on the television as she eats breakfast.

 "Exclusive news: Bucheon Serial Killer Kim Bum escaped prison for almost a month now." She quickly stood up, dropped her spoon and shivered in fear mixed with anger. 

"N-no...this can't be..." she muttered as she clench her fist. Horrors of the past started to haunt her, vivid images suddenly flashed back in her mind, she squatted and curled on her knees, hands covering her ears as she shut her eyes...yet screams of pains can still be heard, pleading for mercy as an evil laugh echoed within the walls of the house. 

She silently weeps as the newscaster's voice through the television continued, "Mr. Bum has escaped prison, the most evil man known to have murdered 30 females and 10 males, mutilating some of them. Yet this was not made public, why?" The newscaster asked the Chief of Police, where the latter ignored but continued on to answer a different question.

Byul stayed rooted in her position until the news finished....a little more over until she can no longer hear the screams, the pleading, the laugh that haunted and the vivid images...she overcame her fear because of Solar, she overpowered those thinking of how Solar smiled so brightly at her, how she held her hands, how they hugged, how she would say 'I love you', her giggles, how ethereal she looks as she cooks, how mesmerizing she sounds. 

However, a week became a month and a month became a year. Everyday, Byul would go over to Solar's apartment to drop a letter, telling her about her day, how it went, how did she feel and everything else under the sun.

Each night was a torture to her, both her nightmares would alternate each night, as if both have formed a team specifically to torture her. One night would be about Solar and the next would be about her aforementioned fear, her past. 

Feeling abandoned and empty each day, fear and anxiety started to kick in. To the point where she needed to seek medical help to stabilize herself mentally.

All this happened having noone...by her side. Her bestfriend filed a leave a month ago, she...has noone to rely on. Forced to be independent at a young age taught her to be strong minded and forced her to be detached to people.

6 months in of Solar's absence and Byul's state became worse where she was referred to an overseas doctor but she refused and insisted she needs to be in the country...she refused to go and get treatment because of Solar...because she still hopes and believes that Solar will come back...and when she does...she wants to be there for her...she wants to be there to welcome her back...she wants to welcome her in her arms and reassure her that she still loves her.

"Kim Bum have striked again, a young female in her early twenties is found dead near her home. Identified to be Kim Yong-" the restaurant owner changed the channel as she sighed deeply and said, "What is the police doing? Poor kid." 

Byul's face became pale, "Ah-ahjumma...can you..put it back on that channel again..? Please" she asked pleadingly in which the older nodded and abided. 

"Reporting from Bucheon. I'm Ahn Heeyon-" , "Bucheon..." she repeated and then quickly paid for her meal as she ran outside heading towards her car. Tears beg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter