Oppa is a rising star.

KPOP Star


--Your POV--

 

When Sungmin oppa's slowly disappeared from my sight , I went back in my house. I suddenly felt lonely when I saw him go off knowing her won't be back anytime soon and he can't be here when I need me. I feel like a big part of me is driving off somewhere. I went to our living and just sat on the floor , between the coffee table and our couch. I placed my arms on the coffee table and rested my head there with my eyes closed. I have no idea what to think. I'm worried , not only because I won't have oppa with me , but also because i'm worried about him. That place is new to him , what will he do if he's alone there? Is he gonna be ok? I'm really worried but worrying isn't good for me.

 

I opened my eyes and ... there's this white paper thingy right next to my face. I didn't see it when I got in here. I sat up and picked it up. It's an envelope! My name is written on the front. Is this from ........? I tore the envelope open and quickly scanned the letter. It's from Sungmin oppa.

 

 

 

----------------SUNGMIN'S LETTER---------------------

 

Dear                           ,

 

Yah! You're sad right now , aren't you? Don't be. I'm just leaving for a while , that doesn't mean i'm going back. Don't be worried about me. You're probably asking yourself 'What will he do there?' 'Will he be ok?'. I'll be ok. I'm more worried about you , I won't be there to protect you anymore. I'm really worried about leaving you so please take care of yourself. Oppa will try to call you as often as he can , ok? I hope your phone line won't be too busy because of someone else.

 

I'm also worried that being away from you might set us apart. I won't ask you to look at only me , if you can't , just promise me you won't look at others. I hope you wait for me to return , like how i'm waiting for your answer. I'll work hard for you and come back as soon as I can for you. These trainings can take years before I debut , but even so , I won't change. If Choi Siwon or any other guy bugs you , call me as soon as possible!!

 

I'll say these again. First , take care of yourself and your parents. They were worried when they heard my decision so I hope you can tell them i'll be fine. Second , i'm sorry I can't be there to protect you but if anyone hurts you , don't hesitate on telling me. I wouldn't forgive myself is I find out you're getting there and you're keeping it for me. Lastly , whether you look at me as a big brother or possibly someone you can love , remember that i'll always love you no matter what you see me as. I hope by the time I come back , you'll have an answer. I won't look ast anyone else but you. 

 

Take care of yourself or else , i'll come back rushing in Kangwon-do for you!!!

 

From the oppa that is willing to wait ,

Lee Sungmin.

 

----------------END OF LETTER---------------------

 

 

 

Tears started falling from my eyes without me noticing it. I'll miss oppa. I didn't even cry when he said goodbye but now all the sadness just sank in. I miss oppa. I'm sure he'll do well there. He doesn't to tell me that because I know he'll do well. That night , Luna visited me at home. First , my parents aren't even here yet. Second , she know i'm lonely here so she rushed here. She wanted to talk with me personally too. We were cooking dinner for ourselves , since my parents would get home late. I just put all my attention in cooking because I really don't know what to say.

 

 

 

 

Luna: You seem really sad. You're so quiet.

Me: Me? No. I'm fine.

Luna: You don't have to try and lie to me because I can see it clearly. I know you miss Sungmin oppa already.

Me: Of course I do but that doesn't mean i'm sad. I just feel a bit empty without him.

Luna: Then why can't you accept his feelings for you if you feel empty when he's not around.

Me: You don't understand. You know he's like a big brother to me. I don't love him the way he loves me but of course I love him as a big brother and I miss him.

Luna: He didn't even say goodbye to me before he left. He's so selfish. Aigoo. 

Me: He had to leave so sudden so he didn't get the chance to do so but he said he'll always call so don't worry.

Luna: He hasn't even called you or me or anybody since he left ... and how can he call you if you're always talking to someone over the phone?

Me: He hasn't called me ever since oppa left too and besides , we don't always talk.

Luna: Oh!! Wait a sec! I just remembered something.

Me: What is it?

Luna: About Donghae!

Me: Donghae?

Luna: *nods*

Me: He's not really my concern.

Luna: You're so bitter towards him! He didn't even do anything to you. You used to really like him alot.

Me: I guess I grew apart from that part of me faster than I though.

Luna: Tsk. Yeah. I believe you. Anyways , i'll still tell you the news anyways. I heard he's leaving Seoul and probably going out of the country to tour around.

Me: Tour?

Luna: I don't know , i'm not sure but it's personal travelling whatevers according to news.

Me: I really don't care.

Luna: So bitter. I bet deep inside you really care. You still like him.

Me: No I don't!

Luna: Yes you do!

Me: I'm so over that phase.

Luna: Oh really? I doubt that.

 

 

 

 

As Luna kept teasing me , my phone on the kitchen table started to ring. I looked back at my cooking and after seeing it's done , I quickly set off the fire and took my phone. I thought it was Sungmin oppa but I guess I was wrong. It's that guy again. Luna wouldn't stop teasing me though.

 

--Donghae's POV--

 

I'm seriously going to do this. I've made up my mind. Kibum , Heechul hyung and Hyuk ... they're right. I really shouldn't keep this up much longer. I have to end this and the only way I know how is ..... if I meet her. I have to. Not because I like her or anything , it just has to end properly. I'm not sure if she'll be happy to see me or what but I hope she will be because I want to see her smiling. I took my phone and quickly called her. When she answered her phone , she doesn't seem to be feeling well and another person kept screaming "I know you still like Donghae!" to her before I heard a loud noise of a door closing. She still likes me? Weird enough , that brought a smile to my face.

 

 

 

 

Me: I'm sorry. My friend was playing around.

Hae: It's ok. Did I disturb you two?

Me: Not really. 

Hae: I thought you were fighting when I heard a loud 'bam' from the door.

Me: I just hid in the bathroom because she's so noisy out there and she wouldn't stop pestering me knowing someone is listening. Anyways , what do you want?

Hae: Do I always need to have a specific reason when I call you?

Me: Y-yes. You're disturbing my private life so I think it's a right for me to ask.

Hae: Well , if that's the case then I called because you I wanted to tell you something important but you seem sad right now so I wanna know why.

Me: Sad? How did you--

Hae: The way you talk. The way sound right now. Something must be up.

Me: Ohh ... I'm kinda sad because my oppa left for Seoul.

Hae: Oppa?

Me: Someone like my big brother. We're really close and he left this morning.

Hae: Ohh ... I see.

Me: I'm just worried because I'm not sure how he'll do while training in there.

Hae: T-training? Training for what?

Me: He got recruited by SM Entertainment and he's going there to train.

Hae: What? SM ENTERTAINMENT?!!

Me: Y-yeah. Why are you screaming? Is something wrong?

Hae: N-no. Nothing's wrong. 

Me: Are you sure? Why did you sound so shocked when I said 'SM Entertainment'?

Hae: I-i didn't. I wasn't. Hehe. Not at all.

Me: You're acting weird.

Hae: I-i'm not. I just realized , I have to go.

Me: Huh? But weren't you gonna tell me something important?

Hae: I'll ... uhh ..... I'll ....... I'll just tell you some other time! I need to go now. You should eat your dinner and rest now too.

Me: O-ok. But---

Hae: Ok! I have to go! Talk to you later! Bye!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

That was a close one. I almost got caught , again. In SM Entertainment huh? There's no way i'd find out since lots of new trainees come here everyday. I didn't even tell her my plans! If I did , i'd get caught though. I don't wanna get caught yet. I want her to know who I am at that exact point and time. I can't spill now. I just hope this works.

 

 

--Your POV--

 

Usually , i'm the one who's so eager to hung up when we're talking ... now he's like this? This guy is really weird. I'm getting tired of this. I should change my number already. I went back out and Luna didn't stop bugging me but I never answered her questions until it was time for her to go home. She knew I wasn't feeling well anyways. I can't tell her it was him though. She adviced me to not talk to him if ever he calls.

 

I really had a hard time resting for the rest of the night. I couldn't even sleep well. I went to school the next day , tired. I tried to look well and ok. I miss oppa , who's usually going to ask me if I wanna go to school with him or not. I chose to just walk with Luna today. I needed to take in the fresh morning air this way.

 

 

 

Luna:                       ! You're so mean. Just tell me who called you last night. Was it Sungmin oppa?

Me: *quiet*

Luna: Come on. Tell me! It was Ming oppa ......... or was it--?

Me: N-no. It was ... Sungmin oppa.

Luna: What did he say?

Me: He said he's there and ........ he's fine.

Luna: Thats it?

Me: Apparently ...

 

 

 

 

Well , I had to lie. Honestly , I haven't gotten a call from Sungmin oppa since he left. Is he ok? I'm worried because he said he'll call. I don't wanna bother him by calling him myself , but i'm really worried because I really don't know if he's there already or not and I had to lie to Luna because I can't tell her i'm still talking to that guy. Thankfully , we got to school before our classes start so the gate is still open. As we were entering the school , we got blocked by Siwon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Siwon: Good morning!

Me: Uhh ... Good morning too.

Luna: Oppa , we need to go to our class.

Me: What do you want?

Siwon: I just ... I thought that ... I was wondering if .... 

Me: What? We're gonna be late for class so you need to speak up.

Siwon: I want to talk to you , if that's ok with you.

Me: Talk? About what? Aren't you talking right now?

Siwon: I wanted to talk to you , privately. 

Luna: I'm not leaving                        a---

Me: It's okay Luna. I'll just meet you inside , ok? 

Luna: But---- 

Me: I said it's ok. Go ahead. I'll be there before our teacher gets there.

 

 

 

 

 

With that , Luna went in the school building while I stayed with Siwon outside. Honestly , I don't want to talk because I don't have time to talk and there's nothing to talk about with him ... but i'm sure he'll bug me tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day if I don't give him the chance to talk. Luna is probably worried but I know Siwon wouldn't do something bad. I know he's a nice guy and he only wants to talk.

 

 

 

 

 

Me: So. What do you wanna talk about?

Siwon:                       . I'll just go straight to the point. I want to ask for your permission for me to officialy court you.

Me: What? Siwon , are you cra---

Siwon: *kneels down* Please ... Give me a chance. I'll do anything.

Me: I'm sorry but...

Siwon: I'm probably not as important to you as to how Sungmin is for you but i'm here. I'm staying here. I won't leave you alone. Just at least think about giving me a chance.

Me: Can you just stand up?

Siwon: I'll stay like this until you say you'll give me a chance.

Me: Look , you're really nice but--

Siwon: I don't want to hear that. I want to hear you say you're gonna give me a chance. Please? I liked you way before Sungmin did. I've been very patient. Don't think i'm asking this just because he's not here anymore. I'm asking this because this is something I should've done years ago. Please .... 

 

 

 

 

I really want to tell him no but he just can't understand. Why is it so hard to understand? He's smart. He should know. I took a deep breath and decided to just let it all out and tell him no but before I could , the school bell rang. I had no choice but to bid him goodbye and get to class because our teacher is very strict when it comes to getting in our classroom before him. I feel bad for just leaving him off them , leaving him hanging with a unanswered question , but I had no choice.

 

 

--Narrator's POV--

 

3 months have passed since the day Sungmin left for training. Things for                        have been pretty normal. She became more focused on studying again , but still keeps getting disturbed by Siwon most of the time. She's just baring with it. Sungmin keeps in touch but calls from him are so rare , he became busier and busier ever since he left. Donghae , on the other hand , has been there to fill that gap Sungmin left. Even though                             doesn't know who he is yet , calls from Donghae cheer her up. Donghae has been planning on something for the past 3 months that will surely surprise her.

 

Luna came to __________'s house to study together. Luna has been more focused on school too , being influenced by her best friend but she still can't help her obsession towards idols. While studying , she remembered that there was Inkigayo today so she immediately turned the TV on. 

 

 

 

 

Me: Yah. Luna , why did you turn the TV on? I'm trying to study.

Luna: There's Inkigayo today!

Me: My parents will get mad if they find out i'm watching TV instead of studying!

Luna: They're not even here!

Me: Can you at least turn the volume down? I'm trying to study.

Luna: Ok .......................... *stands up from her sitting position* WAIT!!!

Me: What?!!

Luna: Look at the TV! *points at the TV*

Me: Why?

Luna: Look! Sungmin oppa!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

--Your POV--

 

I looked at the TV screen and I couldn't believe it. His name was there! Is that really him? We waited for a while and after a couple of performances , the MC doing some introductions.

 

 

 

 

Gikwang: Waaah. Sulli-sshi , are you having fun so far?

Sulli: Oh. Ne! The show today is really great and all the performances are great! But .. IU-sshi , do you know this next talent we have? 

IU: Hmmm ... Not yet but I heard lots of good things about him!

Gikwang: Isn't he in the same company as you , Sulli-sshi?

Sulli: Ne! He is and let me tell you , he's a really great performer.

Gikwang; I heard he just started training 3 months ago , right?

Sulli: Yes. That's right but this oppa has improved so much in such a short period of time.

IU: Wow. That's so amazing. 3 months?

Gikwang: I heard he was just also directly scouted , right? Wow. We all had to audition for ourselves. It's pretty amazing.

Sulli: Actually , I talked to him backstage and he's really excited.

IU: I'm sure lots of people would love to see him now and they'll truly fall in love with him.

Sulli: Ne. That's right. He told me backstage that this performance would be dedicated to someone really special.

IU: Someone? Who could that mysterious someone be?

Gikwang: Hmm. Sulli-sshi?

Sulli: *laughs* Aniyo oppa. It's not me.

Gikwang: It must be for the fans then.

IU: Well , let's have him perform now and amaze all of you.

Sulli:  Ne.The next performer who's going to melt your hearts with his charm ...

All: Lee Sungmin!!

 

 

 

 

 

I couldn't believe it. It was true. It's Sungmin oppa! He's debuting for real!!! I don't know what to say. I'm really happy for him but maybe this is why he doesn't have much time to talk to us. I'm sad about that but i'm extremely happy that he's debuting now. He did well and I heard lots of cheers from the audience. He did an awesome job. Luna and I were extremely happy , I even cried a little because i'm too happy for him.

 

After his stage , Luna and I opened our laptops and we saw lots of news and articles about Sungmin oppa's debut. He's been getting lots of good feedback. While browsing , I came across an article talking about Donghae. It says he's leaving the country for a vacation somewhere but the country he's going to is still unidentified. I don't know why i'm kinda nervous about that. I feel really weird about it , it's not like it has something to do with me though. Aiiiiiiiiiiiish. Forget it. I should be caring about oppa's debut , not him.

 

 

=========================================

 

I don't really have anything to say ... just ... thanks for reading. I guess :)

I hope you liked the update and wait for the next one patiently.

Thank you! :)

 

-dorobbongie :3