-9-

The Little Mermaid

2 A.M. [Donghae's House]

Ding dong! Ding Dong! Ding dong!

"Coming..." Donghae walked to his door to open it for the late night guest.

"Where's Dara?" 

Donghae rubbed his eyes to clear his view, and there stood Kwon Ji Yong, arms crossed.

"She's upstairs.." Donghae said blocking the enterance.

"Tell her she needs to come home..I have an emergency..." JiYong said.

"Uh..can't this wait till tomorrow? Its past midnight.."

Before JiYong could reply, he saw Dara, half awake walk towards them, in Donghae's shirt stopping at her mid thighs.

"JiYong? What are you doing here?" Dara asked tilting her head.

"There is an emergency at home..and I need you to come. Right now." JiYong said forcing his way past Donghae and pulling Dara out.

"Bring her stuff to my house tomorrow morning I'll text you the address. Goodnight" JiYong said and scooped up sleepy Dara, and plopped her on the passenger seat.

Sigh

 

"Change.Now." JiYong said pushing Dara towards her room.

Why is he acting so weird..

After changing into her sleeping gown she walked to his room.

He was taking off his shirt when he heard her walk in, he quickly pulled down his shirt.

"Ji..what was the emergency?" She asked.

"Uh...I uh...have your first week pay..." Ji said making up whatever came up to his mind.

"Huh? Donghae told me I get paid every 2 weeks though.." Dara said.

"Yea well..uh..it is different if you're my assistant..I pay the first week in advance.."

He opened his wallet and handed Dara $200.

Dara accepted the money and walked back into her room.

What am I going to do with this...?

She placed the money in a box under her bed, along with her pearls.

 

"How do you like your eggs Dara?" 

JiYong was in an apron when Dara came down for breakfast.

"Uhm...scrambled! Donghae said he's coming right now, let's have breakfast together!" 

"Fine." 

 

JiYong set down 3 plates of crambled eggs with bacons when Donghae came in.

"Thanks Mr Kwon"  he said joining them.

"So what was the big emegency?" He asked.

"First week pay" Dara answered, mouthful of bacon.

"Isn't it bi-weekly?" Donghae asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes..but rules are different for my assistant.." JiYong said not looking at either of them.

After breakfast they headed off to the company.

"President, Ms Komatsu is in your office waiting." The front lady lady said to him.

JiYong sighed.

"Dara come to my office, let's talk" Donghae said and pulled Dara towards him.

JiYong nodded at Dara and got on the first elevator.

 

"What are you doing here?" JiYong asked coldy as he stepped into his office.

She was sitting on his desk.

On his desk was a mocha latte and a lunchbox.

"Hey! I made you breakfast since I know you usually don't eat at home" She smiled and opened the lunchbox for him.

"I ate" 

"But, I made this..you know I don't usually cook" she pouted.

He felt a tinge of guilt.

"What do you want?" he asked moving her food aside and opening up his binder.

"Let's make up. I'll ignore Dara. She is just your assistant." She said getting down to face him.

No response from him.

"I wasn't cheating Ji.. I really wasn't.." Nana said.

"I don't believe you." 

"It was just...I spilled some juice on my shirt, and he offered to give me his shirt and we went to hotel to get changed." Nana explained.

"Bull"

"I'm serious. I was in Seoul for a couple scenes.." 

"Nana. I don't know..I need time" Ji replied.

"Okay. Let's spend a whole day together okay?" 

"When?" Ji asked.

He wanted her back. He wanted to make things work, but somehow Dara was in his mind. It would be better to be with Nana than Dara, Dara was after him for some unknown reason. It is safer with Nana, plus he still had feelings for Nana.

"Tomorrow?" 

"Alright. What do you want to do?"

"Let's spend the day at your house. Let's make breakfast and wach movies and just relax together okay?" 

I guess, I can ask Dara to stay with Donghae tomorrow

"Alright"

"Remember, I love you JiYong" She said bending down to kiss him.

He pulled her to his lap and kissed her back.

He couldn't say it back, he didn't know why.

 

"Mr Kwon, you're going to be late for your meeting if you don't leave now-" Dara paused mid sentence when she saw Nana and JiYong in a deep liplock.

Ji Yong quickly pulled apart and Nana jumped up.

"Hey Dara-ssi, nice to see you again!" She smiled at her.

"Hi.." Dara said quietly.

"Yea.. I'll be there in just a minute.." Ji said standing up.He collected his files and quickly fixed his collar.

"I'll see you tomorrow Ji!" Nana said and waltzed out the room.

"Let's go" Ji Yong said to Dara.

"Are you seeing her tomorrow?" Dara asked as they stepped into the elevator.

"Yea" 

"Where?"

"Home"

"Oh"

"Stay at Donghae's tomorrow, I won't be coming in for work"

"Okay"

---

"Dara remember no win-" Ji stopped himself mid sentence.

"No what?" She asked looking up from packing.

"Nothing." He said and walked back to his room.

She can do whatever she wants with Donghae, me and Nana are back together now. So it won't matter if she gets drunk and do stuff with Donghae. 

Ji sighed.

He didn't feel at ease with Dara spending the day with Donghae.

I'm just worried for my assistant. That's all. She must be so use to being with me, it might make it hard for her to adapt.

Wait no...she lived with Donghae before me, she must comfortable with him..maybe even more than me.

 

Ji shook his head, trying to shake out all these unnecessary thoughts.

"JiYong I'm done packing, Donghae is downstairs!" Dara shouted from her room.

JiYong walked Dara out the door and handed her over to Donghae.

Sigh

---

"Alright I'll be back around 5 okay? Watch drama..don't burn down my house.." Donghae instructed before leaving.

Dara sighed.

She decided to visit the book room.

SHe browsed through the shelf, until one caught her eye.

The Little Mermaid

She took it out, when suddenly the bookcase start to move. She dropped the book and stook a few steps back.

When it stopped moving, a door was presented to her.

With much curiousity, she opened it. Luckliy it wasn't locked.

She closed the door and opened the lights.

New paper articles,pictures, stories...all about mermaids.

What is this..

She stood there shocked.

She saw one particular article.

"Shipwreck leaving only 5 survivors"

The article didn't mention any names, however Dara recognized the date and the ship.

"omma..." she cried.

Donghae..is Mr Dragon Tattoo..?

She didn't want to believe it...however it started to make her suspicious.

He offered to help me...he didn't even know me.. I'm pretty sure I wiped his memory...but what if he remembered them.. it has been 5 years..

"Dara where are you?" 

She froze.

She quickly left the secret room and placed the book back.

The bookshelf moved back to its original location.

Dara pulled out a random room and pretended to read, as Donghae walked in.

"Hey..I left a file here.. "Donghae said looking at her suspiciously.

"Oh..heh..I was just reading.. this book." She said looking at the cover.

"Are you trying to become an engineer..?" He chuckled.

The book she had was about the basic steps in engineering.

"Heh..uh..I don't feel so well..I think I'm going to take a nap.." She said and hurried out the room.

Donghae looked at his bookshelf.

Did she see it..I hope not..

He got his file and left for work.

 

---

"JiYong ahhh" Nana purred as she entered his house.

No answer.

She went upstairs and heard the shower.

She noticed a pink sign on one of the gues rooms

"Dara's Office" 

She scoffed.

She went into JiYong's room and changed into one of his shirts.

She layed on his bed waiting for him, when she noticed a black velvet box on his bed table.

A ring?

She opened it to find a champagne pink scale.

What is this...Why does he have this..?

"Put it back. Don't touch my stuff." JiYong said walking into the room.

"Why do you have a fish scale..?"

"Don't worry about it"

"Whatever...lets make breakfast!" 

"Wait for me downstairs" 

He looked at what she was wearing but decided to ignore it.

It reminded him of Dara in Donghae's shirt.

---

"Let's watch this! I heard it's a really good drams" Nana said.

The Legend of The Blue Sea

Ji settled down next to her without complaining. He felt somewhat happy being with her again.

As he watched, he realized the female lead shared some similarities with Dara.

The love for food..and fish.

The lack of knowledge for the basics..

Suddenly Nana pulled him into a kiss.

"I missed you so much baby" She said between kisses.

Ji didn't respond, he just kissed her back.

He carried Nana to his room, and closed the doors.

 

---

When is he coming..? 

Dara layed in bed after eating dinner with Donghae.

She sat up when she heard her phone ring.

"Hello? When are you coming?" Dara answered.

"Soon..but uhm..I got back together with Nana, and she is uncomfortable with you still living her.e.so I'm just coming by to drop off some more of your stuff" Ji Yong said.

"Ah..alright." Dara said.

 

"Dara, Mr Kwon is here" Donghae called from downstairs.

"He's here to drop my stuff off. Just bring it up to me" Dara shouted back.

 

"Here" He said handing Dara a bag.

"Donghae..." 

"Hmm?"

"Can you take off your shirt?"

"Why?"

"Because...I just...I'm not sure.."

"Alright"

Donghae takes off his shirt, revealing no tattoo.

Dara breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm not Mr Dragon Tattoo" Donghae assured and put his shirt back on.

Dara stood up and hugged him.

"Thank you. For not having a dragon tattoo" She said.

"Why though? You never suspected me.. why now?"

She pulled away from him.

"It's just...I saw that secret room..in your book room." She confessed.

"Ah...I guess..I have to explain that huh.." 

He sat down on Dara's bed and began to explain.

 

"When I was young, my father brought me on a fishing trip, with some other people. Except the weather turned bad so he told me to stay in safe room in the ship..and thats when I saw a beautiful mermaid." 

Dara looked up at him.

"Mhm...she had this beautiful champagne pink tail and she was beautiful..except she was crying."

Dara's eyes widened.

"I believe in love at first sight..and I guess this was my love at first sight. I could not get her out of my mind. However my father suddenly pulled me away from the room and we left in a rush."

"Are you saying.." Dara couldn't finish her sentence.

The shock was a bit much for her.

"Yes Dara. I knew who you were ever since I first saw you at the bus stop. I was so happy I finally found you..." He said.

"Donghae...I'm so sorry" Dara said as she summoned her dagger.

"What are you doing..." Donghae stood up and took a few steps away from Dara.

"I'm going to kill you" She said and lunged towards him.

----

A/N: Enjoy!